Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I’m here now and I’m not sure it’s going to be open. Not on the HHN portion of the app and the green gates are up in front of the entrance. Maybe neither of those things mean anything but that’s what’s happening currently

I’m here now and I’m not sure it’s going to be open. Not on the HHN portion of the app and the green gates are up in front of the entrance. Maybe neither of those things mean anything but that’s what’s happening currently

I believe only Friday + Saturday and Halloween night

Yep, didn’t open and it was pretty slammed. Probably not the worst Sunday we’ve seen this year but definitely crowded, WWOHP being open would have made things much more manageable. Oh well.

So they’re really planning on opening it this Friday and Saturday? Kinda seems like too little, too late because of how dramatically attendance drops after the 31st.

They've already tested it in the past post-Halloween and it was fan-freakin-tastic. How many more tests do they need to do?!

I think this is less of a test at this point and more of a "oh statistically these last two weekends dont do gang busters, but this year has exceeded the mark and people love Harry Potter so lets list it as exclusive".

If only the rest of the week would be this slow, longest wait I've seen on the site all night was an hour for ST, sucks that I've missed every slow night this year.

If you were there for early entry last night (Wed), it was nearly a ghost town for about the first 90 minutes. Stranger Things was a walk on. Klownz was about a 10 min wait at 7pm. Us, Pandora, and Corpses were basically walk on as of about 7:30. Holidayz was about 30 min, and after 8pm, lines did go up to average about 40 min--but still pretty low compared to other nights. Left at 9:30 pm after a Jabawookees show (which was still nearly full).

Here's a screen shot I took of the wait times at about 7:15 last night. It said Klownz was 20 min, but we actually waited 10. Really, until about 8:30, the longest line in the park was 20 min for Simpsons.

If you were there for early entry last night (Wed), it was nearly a ghost town for about the first 90 minutes. Stranger Things was a walk on. Klownz was about a 10 min wait at 7pm. Us, Pandora, and Corpses were basically walk on as of about 7:30. Holidayz was about 30 min, and after 8pm, lines did go up to average about 40 min--but still pretty low compared to other nights. Left at 9:30 pm after a Jabawookees show (which was still nearly full).

Here's a screen shot I took of the wait times at about 7:15 last night. It said Klownz was 20 min, but we actually waited 10. Really, until about 8:30, the longest line in the park was 20 min for Simpsons.

Wish I could have been there, having ST and Klowns at anything below 70 minutes after 6:30 is a miracle unto itself.

Anyone got an idea of how busy the park is tonight? The wait times app aint working for me
wasn't working for me either, it was surprisingly calm, longest any waits got were around 80 minutes for Us and Stranger things, but both stayed pretty low for most of the night, actually managed to do every maze and see Dark Arts before 10 pm.

My wife and I got to go to Horror Nights last Friday in Hollywood for the first time (we have been to Orlando HN twice). The early entry was an absolute game changer, we were able to knock out a few of the IP mazes that drive crazy waits during the peak hours. We walked onto Stranger Things, which was okay. Later in the evening it was like a 150min wait. I would of been so much more salty about the maze if I waited in that line.

I will say, I was pretty disappointed in the presentation Hollywood puts together vs Orlando, I was expecting Hollywood to be the better of the two. I thought the scare zones were pretty small and boring in comparison to Orlando. I also didnt like how all the mazes were so exposed and you basically queue right next to the tents. Orlando is so much better at housing the mazes behind a larger facade and they are fully enclosed. Just seemed like such a weird play..

Needless we had a ton of fun !

wasn't working for me either, it was surprisingly calm, longest any waits got were around 80 minutes for Us and Stranger things, but both stayed pretty low for most of the night, actually managed to do every maze and see Dark Arts before 10 pm.
I have some friends who went and said the same thing! I was trying to dissuade them from going because it was their first HHN ever and I thought it would be too slammed, but like you, they said they were able to do every maze. (They did HOTC twice.)

Excited to go back sometime this weekend for a final run.

It was very quiet last night. The last two hours were down to 15 minute waits everywhere, including rides.

Can't understate how much Potter open swallows crowds.

It was very quiet last night. The last two hours were down to 15 minute waits everywhere, including rides.

Can't understate how much Potter open swallows crowds.
To me it didn't seem like potter was all too crowded either, but I guess it's a lot of room for people to spread around. Either way it's still super nice to have it open.