Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean they'd risk shooting themselves in the foot after the announcement of ST. It's probably gotten to the point that a lot of GA guests would be less excited to see Michael Myers return after hearing of a never been done before IP coming to the event.

Idk… after the announcement of ToT last year there was a lot of “Wheres Micheal??” and some people were mad. I’d expect Thing, IT, or Asylum next and then Halloween being announced around the time of the trailer

Has there been any maze to garner +4 hour waits?

Could've sworn I've seen a 240 minuter for the Exorcist once.

HHN gonna pull an Oscars 2017 on us....Just you wait

* Murdy walks onto stage in his finest tux. Thunderous applause. He opens his mouth,

You'll all float-

* -before getting eaten by a beastie from A Quiet Place.

I literally made the mistake of going on Orlando's forum right now. All I can say is that a mistake was made on my part for doing so and I continue my skepticism of their "scrapped IP" claims.

Yeah, it just seems weird if WB just spontaneously said they want all their properties back. If I’m not mistaken WB & Universal have a good relationship right?

Oh God, imagine it means we got IT, but it's now the 1990 movie instead of 2017.

Idk part of me thinks it might be Asylum to Cult, or maybe a Stranger Things S1 &S2 maze becoming only S1. If we still have Trick ‘r Treat then that means we probably still have 2017 IT. Also, imagine the reactions if we got the 90’s IT

Idk part of me thinks it might be Asylum to Cult, or maybe a Stranger Things S1 &S2 maze becoming only S1. If we still have Trick ‘r Treat then that means we probably still have 2017 IT. Also, imagine the reactions if we got the 90’s IT
I really don't think classic IT would have a negative backlash. It's probably just as beloved as the 2017 one, debatably even more.

Reactions: chris.g
lol maybe we're going from Michael Doughterty's Trick 'r Treat, to the 1986 horror movie Trick or Treat. The one where Ozzy Osbourne plays a pastor condemning rock n roll as evil and this ghost of a rock legend comes out to terrorize people. HHN worked with Ozzy before! :lol:

Yeah, it just seems weird if WB just spontaneously said they want all their properties back. If I’m not mistaken WB & Universal have a good relationship right?

Nope, they don't have a good relationship, because it's excellent. They're like cousins when it comes to being studios.

I don't get why everyone is opposed to It being the 90's version. I'd actually love it and prefer it - but any version of It is good in my book!

Reactions: horrornights789
I'm pretty sure what they mean by that things changed by design means they changed Stranger Things to 1st season only instead of Season 1 and 2 so they could get more use of the property.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
IMO the 1990 version might be a bit more expensive to pull off, given that there's more content, more characters to play, as well as more elaborate effects (Giant Spider). Financially it would make sense to base it off the 2017 version.

I mean, judging by the tweet ("There's been some changes...I had an original...") it sounds like it wasn't one of the IPs that got hit.

I'll be honest, for some reason I can't stop thinking of UCM whenever those types of tweets get brought up here. I mean it fits the qualities mentioned: his idea for a maze, qualities he originally came up with how he wanted it to be structured, tweaks could be made a lot easier to this property without it showing given that we don't even know for sure how many classic monsters are gonnna be in it or in what format. Is it the movie theater idea or something vaguely similar to House of Horrors where it just blends the transitions between worlds. or maybe IP's fit within an original concept structure, where he gives an unofficial world, similar to Titans of Terror in 2017, based on IPs, but fit within an original story. Perhaps the monsters interact with each other and are found in similar environments. IDK those are my thoughts and they're all viable until he specifies with that announcement, which will probably be in several months.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNManics
I really don't think classic IT would have a negative backlash. It's probably just as beloved as the 2017 one, debatably even more.

I love Tim Curry as much as the next guy, but I think that the new IT is on an entirely different level of popularity (obligatory "record breaking box office"). Besides that, most of the people who go to Horror Nights are probably younger folk who know the new version better than the old, and that's gotta be part of the consideration for which IPs to use.

I almost wanna say that a Scare-zone got scrapped, given that nothing "original" was leaked in terms of mazes. Who knows? I still think the IPs are pretty much safe.