• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

People on the Orlando forums are now staying Trick ‘r Treat is scrapped, which I’m not sure to believe. It’d be very weird if WB pyelled ALL of their properties

So the new line up according to Orlando is:

Stranger Things
The Thing
AHS

then

The Lost Boys
Pee Wees Big Adventure
This is the End 2 in 666D
Krampus 2 Electric Bugaloo

Oh and that isn't a hat but a natural part of John's skull.

No we lost the rights to Krampus 2 so now we’re stuck with Five Nights at Freddy’s vs Titans of Terror vs Insidious

People on the Orlando forums are now staying Trick ‘r Treat is scrapped, which I’m not sure to believe. It’d be very weird if WB pyelled ALL of their properties

I mean,

Nothing on our end (despite the fact that WB's Halloween thing is on our coast and not Orlando) + Murdy's tweet + the supposed Trick R' Treat scrapping coming suspiciously late after IT's "scrapping" despite the fact that real life WB would pull all its properties at once, while ALSO coming suspiciously soon after we sussed out that TRT and IT are both WB properties and thus scrapping one but not the other makes no sense given the current hypothesis of "WB wanna start their own club with blackjack and Snookies"...

Yeah. This seems like misdirection. Someone at USO is playing the "Leatherface" game, and they're probably laughing all while they're doing it.

Yeah, I issued a cease and desist for Krampus 2: Electric Boogaloo because Stranger Things is coming. Seriously though, what was the reason they lost IT and TrT?

That’s if we lost them. The most likely is because of Warner Bros’ haunt-event if they’re really getting serious about it, since they’ll want their biggest IP’s. Personally it screams misinformation since the whole situation seems really odd

If Warner Brothers pulled their rights this far in because they wanted to build up their event couldn't it become a rights issue and USH could sue? Somebody please educate me more on the matter.

I mean,

Nothing on our end (despite the fact that WB's Halloween thing is on our coast and not Orlando) + Murdy's tweet + the supposed Trick R' Treat scrapping coming suspiciously late after IT's "scrapping" despite the fact that real life WB would pull all its properties at once, while ALSO coming suspiciously soon after we sussed out that TRT and IT are both WB properties and thus scrapping one but not the other makes no sense given the current hypothesis of "WB wanna start their own club with blackjack and Snookies"...

Yeah. This seems like misdirection. Someone at USO is playing the "Leatherface" game, and they're probably laughing all while they're doing it.
That’s if we lost them. The most likely is because of Warner Bros’ haunt-event if they’re really getting serious about it, since they’ll want their biggest IP’s. Personally it screams misinformation since the whole situation seems really odd
It's very odd to see Warner Brothers suddenly turn it's back on Uni as a whole IF this is all true. Something is clearly not right here.
I read somewhere on the forums that the replacement is The Lost Boys. I do hope they know that Lost Boys IS owned by Warner Brothers. Either Warner Brothers is having an epiphany or it's like you said, someone is trying their best to damage control and mislead others.

If Warner Brothers pulled their rights this far in because they wanted to build up their event couldn't it become a rights issue and USH could sue? Somebody please educate me more on the matter.

Not a law student, but I don't know if it's that complicated of an issue. I'm assuming that with an event like this, there's probably going to be a contract someone at WB signed that let USH use their rights. Unless there's a clause in the contract saying that Warner can back out at any moment (I don't think that's standard, and if it is, that's dumb), WB has no legal ability to prevent Uni from using those properties.

It's very odd to see Warner Brothers suddenly turn it's back on Uni as a whole IF this is all true. Something is clearly not right here.
I read somewhere on the forums that the replacement is The Lost Boys. I do hope they know that Lost Boys IS owned by Warner Brothers. Either Warner Brothers is having an epiphany or it's like you said, someone is trying their best to damage control and mislead others.

I didn't even realize that. Assuming this is true, why in God's name would WB give up free publicity for a movie like IT (from an area of the country where they're not even competitors) to give the spotlight to a semi-popular movie from the 80's?

This smells like a setup. It's not like it's the first time someone at Uni has pulled a stunt like this.

A more likely thing would've been if the maze treatments that Murdy / Aiello made were not to the IP holders' liking and they were forced to make changes (see: Scream, Ash vs. Evil Dead); that would be a more likely cause for chaos. But some IPs straight up not coming because the rights holders felt like it? Unless something drastic happened (probably legal in nature), that just doesn't seem likely.

And besides, wasn't Orlando talking about Alien not too long ago? Now it's Lost Boys? What's it gonna be tomorrow, Insane Klown Posse from Outer Space?

A more likely thing would've been if the maze treatments that Murdy / Aiello made were not to the IP holders' liking and they were forced to make changes (see: Scream, Ash vs. Evil Dead); that would be a more likely cause for chaos. But some IPs straight up not coming because the rights holders felt like it? Unless something drastic happened (probably legal in nature), that just doesn't seem likely.

And besides, wasn't Orlando talking about Alien not too long ago? Now it's Lost Boys? What's it gonna be tomorrow, Insane Klown Posse from Outer Space?

Very true. Although, in the case of IT I wonder if Stephen King has a say in the rights to a theme park adaption/if he owns some of the film rights. If he does, then it’s understandable why IT can’t clme, but if not then it’s probably misinformation

Very true. Although, in the case of IT I wonder if Stephen King has a say in the rights to a theme park adaption/if he owns some of the film rights. If he does, then it’s understandable why IT can’t clme, but if not then it’s probably misinformation

It's possible, but I've made this point before: Knotts had Carrie, we had The Shining. Once the movie rights for a property is sold, it's sold. I'm not sure King really has a say here.

Back