Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean Poltergeist would make a lot more sense as an anthology, unless Murdy and his crew incorporate A LOT of original material into it, like adding characters that aren't in any of the films and such. When you look back at the film, a lot of the paranormal activity involves things you can't see. Sure they can reanact the face-tearing part, the clown attack, tree attack, and the "lion roar" ghost near the end. Perhaps do something with the pool corpses (as well as coffins in the house), but that's not really enough. At least Part 2 had Kane, the tequila worm-vomit monster, the multiple-faced Kane monster, and braces attack scene. Maybe even some stuff from the 3rd one. Regardless, I know a lot of blackout actors will be needed to pull this off, similar to The Exorcist (unless Murdy has the intention to make a Poltergeist maze in the same format, with mostly blackout rooms and random ghoul scares).

I'll believe Poltergeist when I see it...

Thats because they are fanboys of Michael Roddy who created those two houses. But I can assure you, those two houses were NOT the best the event had to offer that year. I'm a big fan of the monsters, it was a mediocre experience at best. Although a majority of the event that year never fully reached its peak. I would say that people loved "Leave it to Cleaver" (an original house) a hell of a lot more than those two houses. People always seem to turn a blind eye to the quality of a house when its inside a soundstage.

Yeah I respect your opinion here, but I gotta agree with @Brian G. here. Dracula and Frankenstein were arguably the grandest/most spectacular houses on offer in an already solid year. Silver Screams and Cleaver were also excellent (hell, I'll even go to bat for Saw and Chucky!), but it's a little silly to pretend those houses didn't offer great design and some beautifully executed scares. Feral brides in Dracula still get to me.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Both those houses have been praised by many - pros and all. Opinions are all subjective - but these 2 have consistently been considered good houses. Let's not paint a broad paintbrush based off of 1 sole opinion.
I remember those houses being bad as the narrative back than (granted, grain of salt, since I'm purely Hollywood). But then I went back and checked reviews and they were all positive to mixed. But then I checked the polls for "best 2009 maze" and those were the only ones that didn't get picked, at all. So I don't know, I have nothing to add but more confusion haha

Reactions: Wesker69
I'll believe Poltergeist when I see it...

Thats because they are fanboys of Michael Roddy who created those two houses. But I can assure you, those two houses were NOT the best the event had to offer that year. I'm a big fan of the monsters, it was a mediocre experience at best. Although a majority of the event that year never fully reached its peak. I would say that people loved "Leave it to Cleaver" (an original house) a hell of a lot more than those two houses. People always seem to turn a blind eye to the quality of a house when its inside a soundstage.

Why do you say they never fully reached its peak ?
I thought leave it to cleaver was kinda boring.

Yeah I respect your opinion here, but I gotta agree with @Brian G. here. Dracula and Frankenstein were arguably the grandest/most spectacular houses on offer in an already solid year. Silver Screams and Cleaver were also excellent (hell, I'll even go to bat for Saw and Chucky!), but it's a little silly to pretend those houses didn't offer great design and some beautifully executed scares. Feral brides in Dracula still get to me.

Yeah I Agree with this. my favorite house was Silver Screams, but Dracula was pretty intense as far as i remember. I remeber the last room freaking me out

I remember those houses being bad as the narrative back than (granted, grain of salt, since I'm purely Hollywood). But then I went back and checked reviews and they were all positive to mixed. But then I checked the polls for "best 2009 maze" and those were the only ones that didn't get picked, at all. So I don't know, I have nothing to add but more confusion haha

If I remember correctly... the anticipation wasn't great and the convo was "Classic Monsters again?!?"; but when the event came to pass - the reviews for those 3 were well-received.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Aren’t Dracula and Frankenstein on people from Orlando’s All Time Greatest list? I know they’re ‘07 Thing Maze was supposedly really good but hopefully we’ll get that one soon.

So are we still speculating Solo Sinister or Horrors of Blumhouse 2: Even Further than the Further in the FDTD Tent?

:kumbaya: we should think of ideas about the main gate entrance. It's been shabby the past few years.
stranger-things-is-coming-to-hhn-2018-no-logo1.jpg
Honestly, I imagine it looking something like this. Of course it'd have to fit the ACTUAL main entrance but since Stranger Things has such a big presence at the event this year, it'd make sense to have the entrance covered in the Upside Down's webbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: HauntfanLA
View attachment 7062
Honestly, I imagine it looking something like this. Of course it'd have to fit the ACTUAL main entrance but since Stranger Things has such a big presence at the even this year, it'd make sense to have the entrance covered in the Upside Down's webbing.
that looks bad a$$. im sure they can pull that off. maybe shy away from the go go dancers, add eerie looking tree's lining the first half of the park.