Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh... just realized that if speculation is true then the entire Backlot is gonna be Blumhouse mazes since Halloween, Sinister?, and Purge are back there. Sort of concerned that eventually the event might run on only Blumhouse mazes and a few other properties(StrTh) since WB might not give us as much

Ugh... just realized that if speculation is true then the entire Backlot is gonna be Blumhouse mazes since Halloween, Sinister?, and Purge are back there. Sort of concerned that eventually the event might run on only Blumhouse mazes and a few other properties(StrTh) since WB might not give us as much

I think Stranger Things coming has sort of blown the door open for other content makers, besides WB and Fox. to come in and give us content though. Netflix and Amazon are pumping out TV-series like no tomorrow; whose to say they might make the next Exorcist or Shining? Hell, why not have a Netflix mashup with It Follows, The Ritual, Gerald's Game and The Babadook? I think done correctly, something like that could be a legendary maze.

And besides, I think Blumhouse has more variety in its IPs than they're given credit for; there's the standard ghost/haunted house movies like Insidious and Sinister, sure, but there's also horror comedies like HDD and serious prestige stuff like Get Out. Maybe Peele's next film with Blumhouse, Us, will be easier to adapt?

Reactions: horrornights789
It's ironic given that HoB was The Purge, HDD, and Sinister, and if FDTD is Sinister, 747 Queue is The First Purge, and Metro Halloween (2018), it's basically the same concept (HDD and Halloween being about masked killers tormenting a young woman). Like an odd sign of what was in store for the next year, HoB was like a preview house for 2018.

It's ironic given that HoB was The Purge, HDD, and Sinister, and if FDTD is Sinister, 747 Queue is The First Purge, and Metro Halloween (2018), it's basically the same concept (HDD and Halloween being about masked killers tormenting a young woman). Like an odd sign of what was in store for the next year, HoB was like a preview house for 2018.

It’d be fine with all of those; I just feel like we’ve had so much Blumhouse. *sigh* Why can’t some properties not have rights issues?

Given how much I liked the Sinister section last year, I'm actually kind of OK with this? Granted, each year has sort of had a "preview" element to it; gags that were used in previous years would get replicated in mazes the year after (Exorcist blackouts, horde attacks from the Walking Dead, etc.) so it's nice to see something that was actually pretty damn cool getting the full maze treatment.

It’d be fine with all of those; I just feel like we’ve had so much Blumhouse. *sigh* Why can’t some properties not have rights issues?

Be the change you want in the world! Write an original horror script and send it to Blumhouse; by God, they'll probably give you your $17 budget on the spot!

Honestly guys... at this rate... I think you should take any and all of the rumored mazes with a huge grain of salt at this point. The ONLY Blumhouse maze that we should expect is Halloween (it makes A LOT more sense than The First Purge unless they wanted to be super cheap & lazy), however... we got the trailer for Halloween but no maze announcement. Same for "The First Purge" (unless they plan to wait until next week when it comes out).

At this rate... I'd say don't expect anything, except "maybe" the Classic Monsters... but we'll have to see how the Parisian Courtyard facade progresses..

Honestly guys... at this rate... I think you should take any and all of the rumored mazes with a huge grain of salt at this point. The ONLY Blumhouse maze that we should expect is Halloween (it makes A LOT more sense than The First Purge unless they wanted to be super cheap & lazy), however... we got the trailer for Halloween but no maze announcement. Same for "The First Purge" (unless they plan to wait until next week when it comes out).

At this rate... I'd say don't expect anything, except "maybe" the Classic Monsters... but we'll have to see how the Parisian Courtyard facade progresses..

Yeah, didn't the Sinister rumours only start because we saw on wall panel being reused? Honestly, I feel like we're just anxious for an announcement, so we make news out of nothing to fill the void. Still, I think this year is alot more fun than last year, if only because the leaked lineup isn't the only thing on people's minds, so we can actually shift around our ideas a little.

Halloween?

Poltergeist, then. If that's the case, then Halloween is at WW. I'm fine with either, honestly; they're both smaller mazes, though I gotta say it would've made more sense to me that Halloween go to Metro, because of all the indoor facades they'd have to do. Oh well.

My biggest fear is that whoever replaces Murdy will basically be a push-over. I know there's a lot of talk on this forum and positive hopes for whoever takes the reigns next year and onward will hopefully revamp the entire event, by demanding a bigger budget, adding more original-concept mazes, fighting harder for IPs that are not only in high demand, but have never even been at the event, more scare zones and actors, no black walls, decreases in the use of strobe-light/loud sound effect scares, etc.. But honestly, I've been concerned about the possibility that whoever is set to replace Murdy will basically bend over (metaphorically) to the higher-ups, gladly accepting whatever budget THEY want to give HHN, bringing only whatever IPs THEY think are still "hip and cool with the kids", decreasing the amount of scare zones, cutting more corners in maze design and construction. I just hope whatever happens in future events, last year's HHN will be like a nasty memory, and not a pattern.
I hope that a team familiar and involved in Orlando’s event comes and restructures/reinvent ours. I think a lot of the fault in Hollywood is that there are only 2 people that are responsible for the full design and creation of nearly every aspect. That truly limits a lot of creative potential from fully blossoming, talent that I KNOW exists. There should be a team of writers, producers, and designers that all work together. I wouldn’t even mind if Mike Aiello were to reign our event for a year or 2, and bring it up to Florida standards.

I hope that a team familiar and involved in Orlando’s event comes and restructures/reinvent ours. I think a lot of the fault in Hollywood is that there are only 2 people that are responsible for the full design and creation of nearly every aspect. That truly limits a lot of creative potential from fully blossoming, talent that I KNOW exists. There should be a team of writers, producers, and designers that all work together. I wouldn’t even mind if Mike Aiello were to reign our event for a year or 2, and bring it up to Florida standards.

That probably would have worked better for Hollywood.. a bigger Hollywood A&D team, keeping Murdy as the media spokesperson on Twitter and social media etc..

Honestly, Orlando's A&D creativity is hit or miss when it comes to a good quality event, same for good quality mazes & scarezones. Not everything Orlando does or has done has been good. Keep in mind, Orlando has to deal with marketing/higher-ups which hinder A LOT of the "good" you west coaster's drool over. Sure from the outside, it may look like pure gold coming from their event but thats far from the reality.

Also... the name you should be praising and wanting to lend a helping hand to Hollywood's event is NOT Mike Aiello (who was more B&T show oriented), nor Patrick Braillard or even Michael Roddy... the name you're looking for that gave Orlando such quality years as 2005 (Terra Cruentus with the Terra Queen) & 2008 (Dr Mary Agana/Bloody Mary) is actually TJ Mannarino, Rick Spencer, David Hughes, and Ray Keim (who is the mastermind behind some of Orlando's best HHN websites)...

Honestly, Orlando's A&D creativity is hit or miss when it comes to a good quality event, same for good quality mazes & scarezones. Not everything Orlando does or has done has been good. Keep in mind, Orlando has to deal with marketing/higher-ups which hinder A LOT of the "good" you west coaster's drool over. Sure from the outside, it may look like pure gold coming from their event but thats far from the reality.

Also... the name you should be praising and wanting to lend a helping hand to Hollywood's event is NOT Mike Aiello (who was more B&T show oriented), nor Patrick Braillard or even Michael Roddy... the name you're looking for that gave Orlando such quality years as 2005 (Terra Cruentus with the Terra Queen) & 2008 (Dr Mary Agana/Bloody Mary) is actually TJ Mannarino, Rick Spencer, David Hughes, and Ray Keim (who is the mastermind behind some of Orlando's best HHN websites)...

The carnival of carnage website was well done, and a few others. Did Hollywood have any. Don't remember