Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am tired of The Purge. However with the tv series coming up, there might be a chance (unfortunately) it may come back. I mean it's hhn hollywood, they always bring back Purge.

Which raises the question of whether the maze will include both The First Purge & The TV Series or be solo TFP or just be an original take on Purge night

I am tired of The Purge. However with the tv series coming up, there might be a chance (unfortunately) it may come back. I mean it's hhn hollywood, they always bring back Purge.
true, well i think its there property . but i don't know who in the world find the maze, scare zone, etc scary. like many here say i liked the sinister section last year, could've cared less for happy death day and purge.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if, with the case of The First Purge maze (if indeed it's coming), that it may end up like Saw and Insidious last year: we thought it their mazes would be based solely on Jigsaw and Insidious 4, but ended up incorporating elements from their previous movies into it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if, with the case of The First Purge maze (if indeed it's coming), that it may end up like Saw and Insidious last year: we thought it their mazes would be based solely on Jigsaw and Insidious 4, but ended up incorporating elements from their previous movies into it.
insidious was pretty good last year, pretty dark in some areas.

I know this is literally old news, given that this info has been up for a while by now, but I just looked at the Scare LA dates, and they are really late this year (Aug. 25th & 26th), compared to previous years. I know Scare LA has been a place for announcements, especially with both terror tram and a maze last year, but with how it's near the end of the month this year, I'm guessing they're gonna be squeezing in more maze announcements in the beginning of August, since I think a lot of people this year will be waiting on buying their tickets early before everything gets announced.

Who watch the trailer for the purge tv series

Sure looks like the Purge alright.

Real talk, some of the scenes look kind of cool, like that hooded cult and the race scene. I just hope it's better than that [long string of expletives]-ing Mist series that USA network did a while back. God, that was awful.

I know this is literally old news, given that this info has been up for a while by now, but I just looked at the Scare LA dates, and they are really late this year (Aug. 25th & 26th), compared to previous years. I know Scare LA has been a place for announcements, especially with both terror tram and a maze last year, but with how it's near the end of the month this year, I'm guessing they're gonna be squeezing in more maze announcements in the beginning of August, since I think a lot of people this year will be waiting on buying their tickets early before everything gets announced.

They could try announcing two mazes at a time, especially if it's a relatively unexciting announcement a la The Purge or something. Couple it with Halloween to avoid the backlash.

Side note: Should we expect an announcement next week?

EDIT: Another side note:

Are we certain about HoB vol. 2? Because I feel like that maze only sprung out of speculation after Asylum reportedly got axed and was sort of accepted as gospel later on...

Reactions: horrornights789
They could try announcing two mazes at a time, especially if it's a relatively unexciting announcement a la The Purge or something. Couple it with Halloween to avoid the backlash.

Side note: Should we expect an announcement next week?

Hopefully The Purge next week so that we can get that out of the way. Can’t wait to see the reactions on Twitter:grin: I realllyyyyyyyy hope this is the last year of the Purge. It’s reduntant and overdone

Edit - I do love The Purge as a franchise and idea(for a maze/zone & movie), but I think it’s been a little overplayed in Hollywood. Orlando has done it twice since 2014 while we’ve had it every year since 2013

Reactions: rageofthegods
I mean if we are getting HoB V.2 and The First Purge, it could be like last year when they announced HoB V.1 and Insidious two days in a row. As for next week, I know this doesn't make much sense when said out loud, but something tells me because of 4th of July, they may not want to announce anything that week because of the holiday making everything busy? IDK, I just don't feel like it's gonna be that week.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Hopefully The Purge next week so that we can get that out of the way. Can’t wait to see the reactions on Twitter:grin: I realllyyyyyyyy hope this is the last year of the Purge. It’s reduntant and overdone

The next maze announcement is reportedly Parisian Courtyard, so unless that's the Purge, I don't think they're gonna announce it. Unless...

I mean if we are getting HoB V.2 and The First Purge, it could be like last year when they announced HoB V.1 and Insidious two days in a row. As for next week, I know this doesn't make much sense when said out loud, but something tells me because of 4th of July, they may not want to announce anything that week because of the holiday making everything busy? IDK, I just don't feel like it's gonna be that week.

Sure, but at the same time...It's kind of a perfect week to announce the Purge, isn't it?

I dunno, combining the above two, I almost feel like next week could be a double announcement, as one has a gimmick announcement and the other is (and I love the UCM, don't get me wrong) kinda "not hip with the kids," if you know what I mean. The higher profile properties like Poltergeist or Halloween feel like they're coming up for more "spotlight-hogging" events like ScareLA.

I don’t think it’s been said by John that our next announcement is the Parisian Courtyard maze, he’s just said that maze will be announced in July.
As for the lineup, I truly hope we don’t have HOB Vol. 2 or the first purge. I’m so sick and tired of these mother loving purgers on this Monday to Friday backlot!!!

I don’t think it’s been said by John that our next announcement is the Parisian Courtyard maze, he’s just said that maze will be announced in July.
As for the lineup, I truly hope we don’t have HOB Vol. 2 or the first purge. I’m so sick and tired of these mother loving purgers on this Monday to Friday backlot!!!

Leakers have more or less confirmed the Purge, but I'm really not sure about HoB vol. 2. I think people just heard it thrown around after Asylum was reportedly canned.

Leakers have more or less confirmed the Purge, but I'm really not sure about HoB vol. 2. I think people just heard it thrown around after Asylum was reportedly canned.
Leakers, while sometimes reliable, aren’t always right. Last year the whole Leatherface situation proved that and it continued this year with the wrong lineup being leaked first and saying that terror tram wasn’t happening. There’s a chance they’re right, but there’s also a chance they’re wrong and every bit of inside info should be taken with a grain of salt rather than accepting it as law