Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do think it's odd that they didn't announce Purge this week if that does in fact end up being a maze.
I remember it being pretty odd that they didn't announce Purge back in 2016 the week it came out when it was a full scare zone around the park.

True, I forgot about that. I can't wait for the general public to be massively confused by Halloween 4.

Twitter is gonna rip John to shreds when they find out we’re getting Purge & Halloween 4 over IT & H2018. I watched Halloween 4 yesterday and it’s actually really good, I’m excited for it but still wish we got the Blumhouse version

How does the Friday the 13th Lawsuit affect Universal and their Mazes? the game recently was banned from releasing any new items
what does that mean for universal ? (Since people were speculating the return of the titans )

How does the Friday the 13th Lawsuit affect Universal and their Mazes? the game recently was banned from releasing any new items
what does that mean for universal ? (Since people were speculating the return of the titans )
I don't think they're allowed to use certain Jason versions/movies. I believe using the FvJ version creates some type of loophole around the lawsuit which is why they were able to freely use him without any issue last year. At least to my knowledge of course.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Honestly, as I have said before... we might as well just sit and wait it out for the announcements (or maze facades) to actually know what the legit line-up is.. I'm taking everything with a huge grain of salt this year. I'd suggest doing the same until announcements start rolling in.

"IF" we have indeed lost IPs, this is exactly why the event needs to use the crap they own (which doesn't mean 6 years in a row... *ahem* Purge) or do what the other successful haunt events do, including Orlando... do something non-IP original. Of course "IF" Murdy and team had been smart (which will never happen), if an IP is lost, you do what Orlando did back in the day before they really started IPs... you make an original maze that is loosely inspired by a particular movie/tv show (Demon Cantina = From Dusk Till Dawn, Body Collectors = Silent episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Interstellar Terror = Event Horizon, etc etc)

Reactions: JoeCamel
Honestly, as I have said before... we might as well just sit and wait it out for the announcements (or maze facades) to actually know what the legit line-up is.. I'm taking everything with a huge grain of salt this year. I'd suggest doing the same until announcements start rolling in.

"IF" we have indeed lost IPs, this is exactly why the event needs to use the crap they own (which doesn't mean 6 years in a row... *ahem* Purge) or do what the other successful haunt events do, including Orlando... do something non-IP original. Of course "IF" Murdy and team had been smart (which will never happen), if an IP is lost, you do what Orlando did back in the day before they really started IPs... you make an original maze that is loosely inspired by a particular movie/tv show (Demon Cantina = From Dusk Till Dawn, Body Collectors = Silent episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Interstellar Terror = Event Horizon, etc etc)
I get how hard it is to come up with original content for a haunt, genuinely I do, but I just don't get why Murdy and team refuses to go in this direction.

I get how hard it is to come up with original content for a haunt, genuinely I do, but I just don't get why Murdy and team refuses to go in this direction.

The last few he did it ended up with a musicians name slapped on it. He made La Llorana which seems to be on the best houses of all time, idk why he wouldn’t just use the original he designed this year instead of The Purge - which could’ve easily been the Terror Tram. Still somewhat excited for Purge though

The last few he did it ended up with a musicians name slapped on it. He made La Llorana which seems to be on the best houses of all time, idk why he wouldn’t just use the original he designed this year instead of The Purge - which could’ve easily been the Terror Tram. Still somewhat excited for Purge though
I think the Purge has got to be a corporate-mandated thing.

So the IP scare zone *MAY* be something you guys like. *MAYBE*, but I'm hearing No purge for the scare zone.

^oh yes.. fun times, a SZ populated by 3 people... sign me up for that.

So the IP scare zone *MAY* be something you guys like. *MAYBE*, but I'm hearing No purge for the scare zone.
I'd rather throw The First Purge into the tunnel and call it a day... :rolleyes:

so is the IP scarezone just going to be all 4 raptors on the loose on the Lower Lot:
"JP: Containment Breach - Venture if you dare down the Lower Lot to experience two of our mazes ("Trick R Treat & Stranger Things), as well as exciting rides- Transformers & The Mummy. But beware!... There's been a containment breach at Jurassic Park and the raptors are on the loose... Will you survive the night or become the next meal?"