Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 204 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DID YOU KNOW? - FACK

HHN doesn't have the rights to Robert Englund so the Freddy masks aren't accurate to how he is portrayed in the movie. It is barely noticeable compared to Jack Nicholson or Bruce Campbell since, he is a "monster".

Important to note that I had to copy and paste "Nicholson" because ig I'm not actually a Shining fan

While I've heard similar things to that effect, it's worth noting they did have the rights to Bruce Campbell's likeness. Unsure about Nicholson, but probably not.

While I've heard similar things to that effect, it's worth noting they did have the rights to Bruce Campbell's likeness. Unsure about Nicholson, but probably not.
well they couldn't have Nicholsons voice in the shining and instead have someone else do it soooo

Reactions: ush.hacker
well they couldn't have Nicholsons voice in the shining and instead have someone else do it soooo

These sorts of releases can get absurdly specific. Orlando got to use Nicholson's audio, we didn't. Those clearances may or may not have been divorced from the Nicholson likeness. (Consider that the audio of Nicholson's performance as Jack Torrance is the property of Warner Bros.; using that specific, isolated audio is a separate scenario than impersonating Jack Nicholson playing Jack Torrance.)

Reactions: ush.hacker
These sorts of releases can get absurdly specific. Orlando got to use Nicholson's audio, we didn't. Those clearances may or may not have been divorced from the Nicholson likeness. (Consider that the audio of Nicholson's performance as Jack Torrance is the property of Warner Bros.; using that specific, isolated audio is a separate scenario than impersonating Jack Nicholson playing Jack Torrance.)
actually no. orlando didn't use nicholsons lines either. i timestamped a orlando house to the classic here's johnny scene

That sounds identical outside the obvious changes that are going to be made in terms of mixing for a maze environment/source audio of the film vs a camera recording the loud conditions in the POV. That said, I could be wrong - but I was under the impression Orlando was permitted the use of Nicholson's audio, for whatever reason.

I'm pretty confident in the Campbell likeness approval, but again, no one's omniscient.

I still think our Waterworld maze can be a major curveball (ala IT or Conjuring). Can't tell what the facade is for that one at all. It is abundantly clear we're getting UCM, Poltergeist, and HOB though.

I still think our Waterworld maze can be a major curveball (ala IT or Conjuring). Can't tell what the facade is for that one at all. It is abundantly clear we're getting UCM, Poltergeist, and HOB though.
I’m with you there. Halloween 4 is just kind of a head scratcher as to why. It’s not as popular as the first two films of the franchise, and with this new one coming out disregarding everything beyond the original as canon it just doesn’t make sense. Especially because if they used Halloween this year they’d slap a promotion onto it (since the new one is Universal) in some way shape or form. But if they did promote the new one, it wouldn’t make sense to do it through a non-canon movie.
While I don’t think it’s IT or The Conjuring I do think it’s a curveball that not even the insiders can get right (IE last year’s replacement for The Conjuring)

Along with being skeptical about that info I’m skeptical about the contents for HOB. I’ll believe Halloween 4, Truth or Dare and Unfriended in HOB when I see it

Reactions: cdogsumo
I think Horrors of Blumhouse & Halloween are the curveball mazes, as to what will actually be encompassed within those mazes. IF HoB does have Unfriended and ToD I’ll be severely disappointed, Halloween 4 is at least enjoyable and translates well.

UCM with music by Alice Cooper could be pretty good, but I was hoping for more of a gothic tone

M
Oh, so was it Alice Cooper that was being hinted at after all?
I don’t think so. On John’s personal account he hinted that the third and final Alice Cooper maze would be themed around Alice in wonderland, but he’d need a concept album from Alice for it (something he’s said in the past)
If it’s truly classic rock and they’re just using already written songs then maybe Misfits? John has expressed interest in wanting to use their music before if the original lineup ever reunited (it has... i think?). That’s really the only new to the event musician that comes to mind. But musicians already used could be something to look at too? Alice Cooper, nah, reasons explained above. Black Sabbath, they’re not around anymore. Slash, I could see John wanting to work with Slash again to create an original score. Didn’t John tweet early early on about potentially working with a musician this year?

And yet Alice Cooper gave us THIS.....

Um... It was said it'd either be Titans of Terror or Cult of Chucky... same rumor for Terror Tram.. and BOTH were accurate, just not how we expected.

I heard Titans of Terror from someone who wasn’t a regular insider over on HNN. Cult of Chucky or the standalone Leatherface movie were the rumors I remember hearing for the conjuring replacement last year on this forum over and over

I heard Titans of Terror from someone who wasn’t a regular insider over on HNN. Cult of Chucky or the standalone Leatherface movie were the rumors I remember hearing for the conjuring replacement last year on this forum over and over

As I recall, I was one (of several) insisting that Leatherface had to be a ruse. That script was floating about and made zero sense as a maze.

Reactions: Wesker69
I’m with you there. Halloween 4 is just kind of a head scratcher as to why. It’s not as popular as the first two films of the franchise, and with this new one coming out disregarding everything beyond the original as canon it just doesn’t make sense. Especially because if they used Halloween this year they’d slap a promotion onto it (since the new one is Universal) in some way shape or form. But if they did promote the new one, it wouldn’t make sense to do it through a non-canon movie.
While I don’t think it’s IT or The Conjuring I do think it’s a curveball that not even the insiders can get right (IE last year’s replacement for The Conjuring)

Along with being skeptical about that info I’m skeptical about the contents for HOB. I’ll believe Halloween 4, Truth or Dare and Unfriended in HOB when I see it
i feel like the only reason to even have a HOB2 is if Halloween 2018 is in it, making a whole maze based off 2 movies that most people don't like, makes absolutely no sense to me. There has to be something that will draw people to this maze, and if we aren't allowed to do a full maze based off the movie, i don't know why we wouldn't see a little portion in a mashup maze. And halloween being a part of HOB2 would mean Waterworlds maze would be a genuine surprise when it gets announced.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
i feel like the only reason to even have a HOB2 is if Halloween 2018 is in it, making a whole maze based off 2 movies that most people don't like, makes absolutely no sense to me. There has to be something that will draw people to this maze, and if we aren't allowed to do a full maze based off the movie, i don't know why we wouldn't see a little portion in a mashup maze. And halloween being a part of HOB2 would mean Waterworlds maze would be a genuine surprise when it gets announced.
Truth or Dare made $40 mil domestically on its measly $.5 mil budget. Doesn’t sound like a movie everyone hates from Uni’s perspective (or Murdy for that matter).

But yeah, Unfriended and ToD make no sense just having those.

Reactions: chris.g
It just seems odd that the "antagonists" of those 2 movies were somehow seen as "terrifying enough" to recreate in a live haunted attraction.