Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The parallels between the two are already fairly apparent, but I do always forget about Trick r Treat's blatant rip-off of the day-glo comic transitions until I'm actually sitting there watching the film.

Definitely a bucket list item since it's a weirdly-protected/finicky IP, but I'd love a 3D Creepshow maze at some point. You'd need to get creative with a few of the stories, but I think there's just enough material to fill a Mummy-size venue.

That would be cool, and Murdy has said he wants to do Creepshow in the future :)

Creepshow is a WB movie.

That may be off the table now.

Now, if he were to do some originals that may share a similarity or two to some of the stories.....

Creepshow is a WB movie.

That may be off the table now.

Now, if he were to do some originals that may share a similarity or two to some of the stories.....

Yep, and they're strangely protective of that particular IP.

That said... it might fall into the category of Trick r Treat as "not a needle mover," i.e., something they're willing to license. If not (and it could definitely go either way), I'd be more than thrilled to see their own take on the movie. I just want a maze, period.

“Regarding the potential of an expanded Halloween universe, Akkad hinted at the property’s continuing spin-off into other forms of media (ala the asymmetrical horror survival video game Dead by Daylight which in 2016 added Myers as an antagonist), “This year there are going to be some big announcements to that effect, in looking at new forms of media. Attractions, videogames, VR, it’s all sort of being discussed so stay tuned, this year is going to be a big year for Halloween.” - Series Producer Malek Akkad Talks the Past, Present & Future of Halloween | HalloweenMovies™ | The Official Halloween Website

If anyone needed any further proof that some from of Halloween is probably coming to HHN.

Reactions: cdogsumo
“Regarding the potential of an expanded Halloween universe, Akkad hinted at the property’s continuing spin-off into other forms of media (ala the asymmetrical horror survival video game Dead by Daylight which in 2016 added Myers as an antagonist), “This year there are going to be some big announcements to that effect, in looking at new forms of media. Attractions, videogames, VR, it’s all sort of being discussed so stay tuned, this year is going to be a big year for Halloween.” - Series Producer Malek Akkad Talks the Past, Present & Future of Halloween | HalloweenMovies™ | The Official Halloween Website

If anyone needed any further proof that some from of Halloween is probably coming to HHN.

And as I said in the other thread - it's not going to be at Horror Nights, at least in the form of the reboot.

look i honestlly don't care about any music choice in the ucm maze. all i care is that the monsters are there and the cast is wonderful. it's been about 5 years since we got a classic monster maze [not including dracula untold since that was a remake maze and we don't talk about it]. as long as it's the black and white monsters [with a slight upgrade for modern guests] im in.

Even though half the stuff isn’t even confirmed(even though the facades give them away) my anticipation for this year is:

1. Stranger Things
2. Trick ‘r Treat
3. Poltergeist
4. Universal Classic Monsters
5. Halloween 4.0
6. The First Purge
7. AMC’s The Walking Dead

99. This is the End
100. Horrors of Blumhouse 2

Some tidbits, from the QnA

• Next Maze Announcement will probably in the Backlot
  • There is a possibility of French Street being used
  • He believes that at this point, they probably won't be able to do anything WB/Fox related now
  • He didn't want to jinx things, but Murdy has to think that a maze announcement is next week
  • Tunnel confirmed as a SZLocation
  • Doesn't think Gremlins would be Scary, as it'd be just Puppets
  • FIGURE will have a presence of some kind

also murdy. you can do gremlins like you did with the toys with krampus. one attached to a guys head, one as a costume in a box, etc etc.

giphy.gif

Leak out once, shame on you. Leak out twice..:what: