Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially nothing with chainsaws, because those almost force people to run into neighboring people nearby.
Honestly, how they'll do the mazes -- even with lowered capacity, I have no idea.

I’m not arguing whether or not Uni should do this or not, but if Uni really wants to open for HHN this fall, I could see Uni doing what Kings Island in Ohio did: Sue to reopen.

I’m not arguing whether or not Uni should do this or not, but if Uni really wants to open for HHN this fall, I could see Uni doing what Kings Island in Ohio did: Sue to reopen.

I don't think it's necessarily out of the question eventually, but right now, the optics aren't there. CA is more likely to go back into intense lockdown measures regardless of what Uni does.

I don't think it's necessarily out of the question eventually, but right now, the optics aren't there. CA is more likely to go back into intense lockdown measures regardless of what Uni does.
Yeah, the cases and hospitalizations have to come down again before Universal could sue over this and not look like greedy assholes.

Honestly, how they'll do the mazes -- even with lowered capacity, I have no idea.

I actually brought up all the problems of logistics like, 5 pages ago, but it was totally ignored. In short, if they were to make HHN work this year, they would have to eliminate all those pass thrus (where you push through all those vertical hanging strips of cloth between scenes), allow only one party in the maze at a time to avoid traffic jams, and keep scareactors 6 ft away (pretty much making scarezones useless). Not to mention I don't know how they'd even have security in the mazes, given their typical close quarters and less than 6 ft away from guests.

Now on top of that add the layoffs, rising cases, and the noted lack of any sort of announcements, as well as some other parks already announcing the cancellation of their own Halloween events, and the outlook is pretty grim. Yeah, I know tents are going up, but since nothing has been announced, they can just quietly scrap it all and (hopefully?) save it for next year.

I hope we do get the event, now with Disneyland not opening yet this is my last hope of something outside that's not a Park or Beach to get to do and look forward to.
I just wish they would make all mazes outside, which would make it really hard for people to get sick unless someone basically sneezed/coughed on you.
The Terror Tram, to me really makes sense this year because it can get lots of people at once

I actually brought up all the problems of logistics like, 5 pages ago, but it was totally ignored. In short, if they were to make HHN work this year, they would have to eliminate all those pass thrus (where you push through all those vertical hanging strips of cloth between scenes), allow only one party in the maze at a time to avoid traffic jams, and keep scareactors 6 ft away (pretty much making scarezones useless). Not to mention I don't know how they'd even have security in the mazes, given their typical close quarters and less than 6 ft away from guests.

Now on top of that add the layoffs, rising cases, and the noted lack of any sort of announcements, as well as some other parks already announcing the cancellation of their own Halloween events, and the outlook is pretty grim. Yeah, I know tents are going up, but since nothing has been announced, they can just quietly scrap it all and (hopefully?) save it for next year.
Oh no, we heard you. It all just sounds logistically impossible, other than eliminating pass thrus. As I previously mentioned, in order for "one group at a time" to work for a maze without it being more than 3 hour wait, the park would literally have to be at like 5% capacity. Again, that's not logistically possible because they won't be making money. What I also mentioned, the only way that WOULD be possible if it's 10 times the price and/or on a lottery system. This will piss people off though.
So with every idea being thrown out as logistically impossible and your answers not being a reasonable solution by any means (not being mean, just truthful lol), my statement remains: how they plan to go about this, I have no idea. And frankly, I don't think Universal themselves have an idea either.

Y'all know they just aren't going to socially distance scares if the event happens, right?
I wouldnt be surprised if performers are told to socially distance scares as a liability thing but it wont be enforced if they dont, but I'd also like to believe Universal figured out a way to make it work.

I wouldnt be surprised if performers are told to socially distance scares as a liability thing but it wont be enforced if they dont, but I'd also like to believe Universal figured out a way to make it work.

As Legacy has pointed out numerous times, it's literally impossible to do it in mazes.

Zones, to my understanding, may rely more on gauntlets versus SZ1-style stuff. I'm sure there will be guidelines about getting in guests' faces, but that will be about it.

As Legacy has pointed out numerous times, it's literally impossible to do it in mazes.

Zones, to my understanding, may rely more on gauntlets versus SZ1-style stuff. I'm sure there will be guidelines about getting in guests' faces, but that will be about it.
I've been a little curious about that, since from my experience the gauntlet format has never really caused performers to get less in peoples face, though it did prevent them from wandering too far or the issue of two way flowing traffic.

If it makes you guys feel better, Disneyland has reached an agreement with unions on reopening measures, and California will be releasing a guidance to reopen theme parks on July 4th: Disneyland Reaches Agreement With Unions Ahead of Reopening

The reason I post this here is I still think there's hope we'll experience HHN this year. I think they're gonna cut it insanely close, but I think they're going to be able do it.

If it makes you guys feel better, Disneyland has reached an agreement with unions on reopening measures, and California will be releasing a guidance to reopen theme parks on July 4th: Disneyland Reaches Agreement With Unions Ahead of Reopening

The reason I post this here is I still think there's hope we'll experience HHN this year. I think they're gonna cut it insanely close, but I think they're going to be able do it.

Certainly looks like it!!

I know the leaks said Invisible Man, but it doesn’t look like it will be in the Mummy venue. It sounds like it could be the WW venue. Are we sure that WW facade isn’t the Baltimore Asylum from Silence of the Lambs?

E21189DE-B091-4447-B6E2-2702C1704C02.jpeg

There's a speculation theory that Waterworld is a Warehouse that keeps all of the artifacts from Spirits & Demons of the East.

I’d be all down for that but I’m skeptical about it since didn’t that scare zone receive a lot of criticism Last year? Would they risk doing it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.