Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If this means what I think it means.....YIKES.

Kinda baffled why USH can’t get their act together with their most profitable event of the year. Everyone else seems to be doing fine with their haunts.

It's what happens when they begin believing that the IP names on the marquee are the most important thing and that guests will ignore/forgive lack of effort as long as they recognize the names on the billboards and marquee..

HHN deserves better. I've said it before, the event needs a reboot.
This past year was their chance to reboot it and they blew it. Heck, they could’ve even done a soft reboot by just keeping the good ones, scrapping the rest, and going for quality over quantity.

We need new Creative direction, new event priorities, new vision, new everything. It’s really frustrating how they just think the same old with black walls is gonna do it.

This past year was their chance to reboot it and they blew it. Heck, they could’ve even done a soft reboot by just keeping the good ones, scrapping the rest, and going for quality over quantity.

We need new Creative direction, new event priorities, new vision, new everything. It’s really frustrating how they just think the same old with black walls is gonna do it.
Now somewhat being involved with people in the industry, I believe that it is approaching in the next few years.
Wait it out.

Depends, if repetitive, underwhelming and devoid of change are to be expected I'd say my standards would not have been disappointed.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I mean helps me if this event sucks....I'll just save money

But I don't care if "staffing" is the reason its been an issue for years and honestly companies need to just pay people more and have career paths. These companies make's billions a year, time to share some with the people who literally make your events happen and make you money.

I mean, I’m positive the event is happening. It just may not be the event you expect.

Yeah, I want to be clear - my worry is not about whether or not the event is happening. It's happening (barring, well, you know). I'm concerned about the quality and freshness of offerings.

Boy, did this speculation thread get interesting...

Yeah, I want to be clear - my worry is not about whether or not the event is happening. It's happening (barring, well, you know). I'm concerned about the quality and freshness of offerings.

The fact that Pandora's Box could be a straight-up repeat of 2019's house doesn't bode well, and I can't help but wonder is HoHH going to make 0 for 3 in terms of Netflix houses?

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I'm starting to get worried.
The lack of scare zones is this biggest worry for me. I get why they don’t want to do them, but if you’re at the event at all, you’re not too worried about being close to people anymore.

Hill House and Pandora’s are probably at the bottom of my list this year, and I really enjoyed Pandora’s Box last year. We always get at least something returning in one way or another. I think I would have rather seen it take the pace of toxic tunnel or something as a scare zone.

Last edited:
I see we've gotten to the "the event sucks" stage of announcement drought.
Anyhow, maybe unpopular opinion, but those candle twitter posts they're doing honestly bug me more than they get me excited for announcements. Had it just been the one it wouldn't be so bad, but its at a point where radio silence would honestly probably be a better look. We've waited this long, just teasing us like once a week doesn't mean much more than saying nothing at all

As a question, could this be why Orlando is somewhat silent aswell, because they're now waiting on Hollywood before going further into the IP list? I was admittedly thinking about this while at work, but it would make absolute sense.

Bingo. Legacy mentioned a little while back in the Orlando thread that announcement-wise Orlando is coordinating with Hollywood, hence why we haven't been seeing anything lately.

Sorry if this is too far off-topic but I’m curious because it keeps popping up — when people say they want to see a HHN Hollywood “reboot,” what do they mean by that, exactly? It’s kind of a vague term that could mean any number of things. What, specifically, needs to be “rebooted,” and I think more importantly, how do you “reboot” things?

I personally feel like “reboot” is just a codeword for “Fire Murdy,” which, tbh, I don’t think people actually want as much as they think they do. I’m all for new visions but you wanna talk about a “Pandora’s box” . . .