Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tbh I think this can just be considered an unfinished page. The main HHN website hasn't even been updated yet, so I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions.
If it is only 4 though, heres hoping they at least decrease capacity to match so it isn't an absolute mess.

Well, the last time we had 4 mazes (though with terror tram too) was 2009, where the prices were 34 to 60 dollars plus tax from what I can find. Adjusted for inflation that would be about 42 to 75, so maybe expect around that? Frankly, I'd guess 75 is a fair estimate for what general tickets will be based on that, even though personally I'd hope it would be a little cheaper.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Well, reduced house count = higher budget per house?
Considering these cuts likely came super late in the game, its doubtful. Theres a decent chance some stuff from the mazes that got cut can be repurposed, but they probably already spent a lot on construction costs and prop and design expenses.

Not necessarily. Especially since we see 5 houses being built and a 6th being heavily rumored by people who have seen it being built.

If we get 4 mazes that meant 2 go scrapped after they were a long way into the build.

I think we will see 6 mazes and thenThe Walking Dead.

Good luck trying to market a 4-maze event if that's ultimately what happens. It's not impossible.
Worked well enough for 2009, though i know thats not necessarily an apt comparison. 2009 had a handful of solid heavy hitters, whereas this year is looking like a pretty significant number of repeated concepts if our maximum is 4, especially if walking dead is considered one of those 4, that would place us at potentially 50% repeats if pandora is included in that 4 too, and maybe more depending on how you classify TCM, if its even happening.
It's sort of funny how the mystery of this year has shifted from the usual "what mazes are coming" to instead be "which mazes are we losing".

Worked well enough for 2009, though i know thats not necessarily an apt comparison. 2009 had a handful of solid heavy hitters, whereas this year is looking like a pretty significant number of repeated concepts if our maximum is 4, especially if walking dead is considered one of those 4, that would place us at potentially 50% repeats if pandora is included in that 4 too, and maybe more depending on how you classify TCM, if its even happening.
It's sort of funny how the mystery of this year has shifted from the usual "what mazes are coming" to instead be "which mazes are we losing".
Honestly at that point they would probably have to be really lucky to draw people especially if you think about Knots Scary Farm, LA Haunted Hayride and other haunts

Honestly at that point they would probably have to be really lucky to draw people especially if you think about Knots Scary Farm, LA Haunted Hayride and other haunts
To be honest I think it'll be a draw by default since we've gone over a year with any big haunt stuff in socal, so people will be hungry for whatever there is, but it probably wont be as big advertising wise as you'd usually see. In HHN's defense, Knotts reuses like 85% of their lineup yearly, so if they take this opportunity to enhance whatever they have to work with, (as much as I doubt thatll happen), it could work out fine. I'll probably be at least a little nervous about the execution till i see it with my own eyes, but I feel like it still has a chance.

Also, if its true that we're only getting 4 mazes this year, i think its a safe assumption that we wont be seeing Frequent Fear this year, or at least not on the same scale. At best we might get those Thursday and Sunday only passes or 2-3 night passes. The event will probably be crowded enough without passholders in the mix.

EDIT: To avoid double posting im just gonna make this an edit, but we mightve jumped the gun on the whole 4 mazes thing.

To be honest I think it'll be a draw by default since we've gone over a year with any big haunt stuff in socal, so people will be hungry for whatever there is, but it probably wont be as big advertising wise as you'd usually see. In HHN's defense, Knotts reuses like 85% of their lineup yearly, so if they take this opportunity to enhance whatever they have to work with, (as much as I doubt thatll happen), it could work out fine. I'll probably be at least a little nervous about the execution till i see it with my own eyes, but I feel like it still has a chance.

Also, if its true that we're only getting 4 mazes this year, i think its a safe assumption that we wont be seeing Frequent Fear this year, or at least not on the same scale. At best we might get those Thursday and Sunday only passes or 2-3 night passes. The event will probably be crowded enough without passholders in the mix.

EDIT: To avoid double posting im just gonna make this an edit, but we mightve jumped the gun on the whole 4 mazes thing.

Yeah 4 mazes seemed extremely low. And still Scary Farm even if they reuse mazes is a serious competitor. The whole Event has some pretty amazing scares and if the Origins is the level they will keep for creating mazes HHN Hollywood will get problems if they pull things like Stranger Things in 2019 again.

*glances at Billie Eilish in Orlando*
It's probably hard to answer since that was 2020 but was the plan just to scrap that maze and go with one less, or did they try and do a Titans of Terror/ Conjuring with it?

John just said Hill House is a tent maze, and apparently we've seen it. So no SS mazes would be my guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: maroonmol
Q&A Info:
- There will be more than 4 mazes.

- There will be a Maze in SS29 (Which isn't Hill House)

- Killer Klowns From Outer Space isn't returning this year.

- Murdy starting working on HHN2022 a few months ago.

- "Oh I have one right now." to "Was there a house or a scare zone that you were adamant on but the rest of the creative team wasn’t on board with?"

- There will be Chainsaw Actors this year.

- There will be Stilt Walkers this year.

Last edited:
It's probably hard to answer since that was 2020 but was the plan just to scrap that maze and go with one less, or did they try and do a Titans of Terror/ Conjuring with it?

John just said Hill House is a tent maze, and apparently we've seen it. So no SS mazes would be my guess.

Sounding like it's something else in the soundstage. Now that's interesting.

So we're pretty certain there will be no Frequent Fear pass this year? That's a bummer. I wonder what the reasoning for that is?
I don't think theres insider info, its just a hunch. Lowered event capacity in general and fewer mazes means passes would be less feasible overall, since with such limited space Universal would probably rather have it filled by people paying full price on every visit, rather than a large chunk of it being people who are basically visiting for free after coming twice.