Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it a stretch to say USO has more respectful guests when it comes to putting their masks up than Hollywood does? Night and day between the first two weekends and this one apparently.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Is it a stretch to say USO has more respectful guests when it comes to putting their masks up than Hollywood does? Night and day between the first two weekends and this one apparently.
Definitely a Stretch. I literally had someone at HHNO 2 nights ago insult me for being the only person in the line for wearing a mask.

Last edited:
Today is a crowd nightmare. I had to leave the line for TCM cause I was having an anxiety attack

Made my second trip last night as well but didn’t stick around long because it was slammed — won’t even attempt to go on a Saturday again.

I think maybe the above post had more to do with the amount of people and not necessarily the masking, although they can clarify. I was only there for a couple hours, like I mentioned, but I saw masks being worn inside buildings and inside mazes. Probably about 30% with mask, 70% no mask in the lines, but they are outside so idk. It’s all anecdotal.

Masks or no masks, I think the issue is just crowds. After last night, it seems like they’ve increased capacity or maybe just removed the cap completely.

Reactions: chris.g

Definitely a Stretch. I literally had someone at HHNO 2 nights ago insult me for being the only person in the line for wearing a mask.

Eh, everyone can be a jackass these days and Orlando definitely has its share of morons - but I think the fact that Hollywood was a dry event until a couple of years ago is probably all the info you need on the difference.

Reactions: chris.g
Eh, everyone can be a jackass these days and Orlando definitely has its share of morons - but I think the fact that Hollywood was a dry event until a couple of years ago is probably all the info you need on the difference.
Not sure it’s ever been a truly dry event? There was the rule for a long time that you couldn’t take drinks outside of certain areas. But they’ve served alcohol as long as I can remember, certainly longer than a couple years ago. Or someone needs to explain to me how I was getting beer in 2012.

Removing that rule actually makes the crowds less drunk because people would like, pound a bunch of drinks in one sitting so they could get back to the event quicker.

Nobody wants to wear masks anymore, regardless of where you live. As for which event is more likely to wear them? I think case numbers and rate of transmission are a better indication lol.

Not sure it’s ever been a truly dry event? There was the rule for a long time that you couldn’t take drinks outside of certain areas. But they’ve served alcohol as long as I can remember, certainly longer than a couple years ago. Or someone needs to explain to me how I was getting beer in 2012.

Removing that rule actually makes the crowds less drunk because people would like, pound a bunch of drinks in one sitting so they could get back to the event quicker.

Nobody wants to wear masks anymore, regardless of where you live. As for which event is more likely to wear them? I think case numbers and rate of transmission are a better indication lol.

There was definitely a period where it was dry, with it only coming back in the capacity we know it today just a few years ago.

Made my second trip last night as well but didn’t stick around long because it was slammed — won’t even attempt to go on a Saturday again.

I think maybe the above post had more to do with the amount of people and not necessarily the masking, although they can clarify. I was only there for a couple hours, like I mentioned, but I saw masks being worn inside buildings and inside mazes. Probably about 30% with mask, 70% no mask in the lines, but they are outside so idk. It’s all anecdotal.

Masks or no masks, I think the issue is just crowds. After last night, it seems like they’ve increased capacity or maybe just removed the cap completely.
Cast members were pretty good with the mask thing to be honest but yeah there was a lot of people that still after more than 2 years don’t get it. Universal Studios Hollywood recently went back to masks at all times both indoor and outdoor so I really don’t envy the cast members position right now. They’re really doing the best they can.

Reactions: Rideguy70
There was definitely a period where it was dry, with it only coming back in the capacity we know it today just a few years ago.

It was 100% a dry event until very recently. I believe the first year beer and wine were sold was 2018, and it was in very few locations. Liquor got introduced in 2019 and expanded this year.

If you remember drinking in the past, it had to have been during day ops, in Citywalk, or in a parking garage - because it was a very deliberate decision and the eventual reversal was not well received by many.

I remember it being dry as well. I don't drink anyway, so it made absolutely no difference to me, but I remember one year I was confused because they were selling some sort of specialty drink, I think it was in a bag shaped like a medical drip bag? Maybe a test tube, or injection shot tube? I think Orlando may have had a similar drink that same year, and I was wondering how they were getting away with it when Hollywood was dry. Turned out the drink wasn't alcoholic, just sort of appeared that way.

This is definitely not cool and I was nervous this would happen to me when I was at HHN 30. Really sorry you had to go through that. Not fun

I went Saturday night and it was much more packed than last week. Did Universal increase capacity or just over selling tickets? hopefully next year the back lot will be back in business to thin out the crowds. Thumbs up to Universal for creating more theme food options. It would be neat if they created a Halloween theme marketplace that only sells food. And concerning the masks, I would say 70% had them on, the rest were teens smoking.

I went Saturday night and it was much more packed than last week. Did Universal increase capacity or just over selling tickets? hopefully next year the back lot will be back in business to thin out the crowds. Thumbs up to Universal for creating more theme food options. It would be neat if they created a Halloween theme marketplace that only sells food. And concerning the masks, I would say 70% had them on, the rest were teens smoking.

Sat was a sold out date accordingly to the calendar last Wed. I will say last night was way more crowded than Thur. But I was still able to get all the mazes done by 8:30. No Terror Tram or WD.

For those who get to Haunting before 7, how does it work? Like where do you line up and such? Inside Potter, outside of Potter? Do they let you go all the way to the maze itself?

For those who get to Haunting before 7, how does it work? Like where do you line up and such? Inside Potter, outside of Potter? Do they let you go all the way to the maze itself?

Line up right or left side of arches at the entrance to Hogsmeade. You’ll see the rope in the center keeping people from entering. You’ll walk straight back beyond FJ.

Reactions: Rideguy70
They also start letting people in around 6:45.

Yep! This was about the time the rope dropped on Thursday and Sunday last week.

Cannot stress the importance of being up front for Exorcist for early entry. Being in that first stand by group makes all the difference. Tons of express people get let in first and you have just enough time to get through Exorcist, hit TCM, and go up to Hogsmeade to wait for rope drop.

Yep! This was about the time the rope dropped on Thursday and Sunday last week.

Cannot stress the importance of being up front for Exorcist for early entry. Being in that first stand by group makes all the difference. Tons of express people get let in first and you have just enough time to get through Exorcist, hit TCM, and go up to Hogsmeade to wait for rope drop.

You gotta run down the stairs vs taking the escalators down if you're not in already with a pass or 2pm ticket hahah