Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since I don't have an AP or after 2pm ticket, my plan is to hit Exorcist first and skip TCM until last right before the park closes, running up to Haunting right after.
That way I don't get the light bleed. Requires a bit more walking and staying all the way to the end, but I think it'll work! Anyone try that out yet?

Since I don't have an AP or after 2pm ticket, my plan is to hit Exorcist first and skip TCM until last right before the park closes, running up to Haunting right after.
That way I don't get the light bleed. Requires a bit more walking and staying all the way to the end, but I think it'll work! Anyone try that out yet?

My suggestion is to do the lower lot houses last if you can’t do early entry. That area clears out later in the evening, but at opening, everyone’s running down there to jump in line since they’re the only houses open. When I got out of Exorcist Sunday evening, the wait time posted said 120 min.

Get in and wait for Hogsmeade rope drop which happens at 6:45 PM. Do Hill House > Pandora > Halloween > Bride > Terror Tram. Could also do WD if you feel like it. Then eye out those LL mazes.

I've noticed there are more sold out days, do you think Universal is cutting down on the number of tickets because of the incoming Covid rules? Even express for this Saturday is sold out and it's not cheap.

Tonight was more crowded than the one Friday I went to and pretty much every maze I got conga-lined through :/

If they extended dates, do those get added to FFP?

Last edited:
I was there last night. Bit of a hiccup with Exorcist opening right at 6 PM instead of a bit early. TCM was too backed up to hit next so we bailed. Ended up doing Exorcist > HH > Pandora > Bride > Bride > TT > Halloween and was out by 9 PM.

Dreading going again tonight as it says it’s sold out, but I gotta be the guide for a group of HHN first timers :lol:

Typically, if the event extends, they do add it to FFP

If nothing else, I hope this proves to them they need both more mazes and more SHOWS. It's so embarrassing that even Six Flags has three times as many shows as HHN does.
How much would it take just to add another simple magic or freak show to the AA stage?

You would only need to employ a handful of ops to run the venue, hire a couple of techs to operate the audio, and a couple of performers. You could just reuse some props from previous scarezone for scenic and then maybe put some colored plastic over the lights if they’re really cheap. Boom. There’s your show.

If they did this and added Dark Arts next year (Which I can’t imagine is a big hassle operationally or cost wise), they’d be solid on entertainment. They would have a lot of diversions for crowds.

Did not expect that on a Thursday. Same thing happened to me but it was a Saturday so I kinda had it coming. But a Thursday?!! That’s wild!
Even the rides, Simpsons (never understood why you would wait that long at HHN for a ride that’s been here for years)was always around 70. Was definitely oversold. Adding Wednesday in the future might be the move.

EDIT: What exactly is the price of Express after 11? Do they still sell it if it’s sold out for the day?

Last edited:
Reactions: HydraGen2299
I think this event just needs more to do. Some more scarezones and another show are good ways to start, but I’d rather see more investment in mazes. No reason they can’t find a plot of land within the park for two permanent sprung tents.

I was there last night. Bit of a hiccup with Exorcist opening right at 6 PM instead of a bit early. TCM was too backed up to hit next so we bailed. Ended up doing Exorcist > HH > Pandora > Bride > Bride > TT > Halloween and was out by 9 PM.

Dreading going again tonight as it says it’s sold out, but I gotta be the guide for a group of HHN first timers :lol:

I'll be there again Sunday and seeing these Thursday times has made me a little nervous. I'm going to use your guide and hope for the best!

Reactions: JawsVictim
I'll be there again Sunday and seeing these Thursday times has made me a little nervous. I'm going to use your guide and hope for the best!

You’ll be good. Just remember being the first stand by group into Exorcist is key. And bail on TCM if it’s backed up to the Mummy entrance to wait for Hogsmeade rope drop at 6:30ish. It’s worth skipping a 30 min wait for one house to be able to walk right into HH and Pandora.

Tonight I’m gonna try Exorcist > TCM > HH > Pandora > Halloween > Bride > WD > TT. I’ll report back tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Reactions: deadbydawn
You’ll be good. Just remember being the first stand by group into Exorcist is key. And bail on TCM if it’s backed up to the Mummy entrance to wait for Hogsmeade rope drop at 6:30ish. It’s worth skipping a 30 min wait for one house to be able to walk right into HH and Pandora.

Tonight I’m gonna try Exorcist > TCM > HH > Pandora > Halloween > Bride > WD > TT. I’ll report back tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Sending all the luck I can muster up! Have fun!

Reactions: JawsVictim
How much would it take just to add another simple magic or freak show to the AA stage?

“Did you just use the ableist term ‘freak’? There are real people with these conditions, and having them be in some sideshow operation is highly, grossly offensive, and shame on Universal for putting people with disabilities on display for amusement and then having the audacity to label them as freaks…”

…is probably the type of commentary that Universal knows they’d get from some opportunistic blogger/social media hound yet again and makes them quake in their boots over the mere idea of having another show offering, however big or small, that could even slightly offend one person.

Reactions: zto8411 and Freak
Anyone know the guest satisfaction rates on Jabba? Heard that the show is not doing gangbusters this year in terms of audience pull.. if true would be interested if this is replaced or worse, just no shows altogether.