Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If anything they should just use it as a rest area showing clips of the IPs at HHN for the year. Get people off their toes.
True, they already use the maze promos to fill time during the rides to and from tram sometimes, probably wouldnt be hard to show a mix of those and crypttv shorts or something.

Reactions: chris.g
I remember Murdy always saying they tried it in there for that one year but all the animals live there and sleep at night, so they got fussy, and so they never did it again.

• Sad
I’m going for my third time tonight with a visiting friend. The event is already sold out today, and coupled with the proof of vaccination/negative test requirement going into effect today, I’m already on edge wondering what the crowd size is gonna be like… I’m hoping it’s reasonable, but I’m also mentally prepared for it to be another packed nightmare.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I’m going for my third time tonight with a visiting friend. The event is already sold out today, and coupled with the proof of vaccination/negative test requirement going into effect today, I’m already on edge wondering what the crowd size is gonna be like… I’m hoping it’s reasonable, but I’m also mentally prepared for it to be another packed nightmare.

You’ll be good if you can do early entry. Last Friday was sold out and the crowds didn’t come in until 9 PM.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Well it may be sold out, but there will probably be a good chance there will be a good chunk of people that will be turned away at the gate from not knowing the policy. I don’t think it’ll be that crowded but it’s going to be a nightmare going in probably.

Well it may be sold out, but there will probably be a good chance there will be a good chunk of people that will be turned away at the gate from not knowing the policy. I don’t think it’ll be that crowded but it’s going to be a nightmare going in probably.

Nah, I went to the Hollywood Bowl a couple weeks ago and presenting proof of vaccination was no big deal. Usual lines and wait times to get in, same as any concert. I suspect this will be similar.

I followed @JawsVictim's path when I was there for a sold out Sunday and I was able to do everything (my group opted out of Hill House) and even did Bride of Frankenstein Lives twice. Early Entry is key but you should be fine.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Today’s another sold out Thursday
im going tonight as well, I checked this morning and it didn’t say sold out on the tickets so I dunno if they were trying to oversell or something. Probably just a glitch on my end

I think today they’re testing how checking cards/tests will go and there won’t be as many tickets available. The way they’re doing it might create bottlenecks as it’s literally just openings in gates after security with no line attached to them instead of where tickets are scanned.

edit: it was emptier than usual at the start of the night for sure.

Last edited:
I went tonight as well (abliet very breifly, left by 7:30... I have a FFP).

They're letting people know about the vaccination requirements are the parking booths, so people can't be surprised at the gate. For tonight, the vaccination check was immediately after passing through security. Oddly, the security staff was also checking (as opposed to actual USH staff). And to be honest, they were barely looking at it (nor did they ask me to present ID, like the signage indicates).

It'll be interesting to see if it continues like that, or they get more strict about checking as time goes on. I kind of hope the latter.

Reactions: marip123 and Asus77
I went tonight as well (abliet very breifly, left by 7:30... I have a FFP).

They're letting people know about the vaccination requirements are the parking booths, so people can't be surprised at the gate. For tonight, the vaccination check was immediately after passing through security. Oddly, the security staff was also checking (as opposed to actual USH staff). And to be honest, they were barely looking at it (nor did they ask me to present ID, like the signage indicates).

It'll be interesting to see if it continues like that, or they get more strict about checking as time goes on. I kind of hope the latter.
Any chance you saw if they allowed Apple Wallet cards or do I have to carry my paper one? I don't wanna carry my actual wallet just for the paper card I have to present once when I go back.

Any chance you saw if they allowed Apple Wallet cards or do I have to carry my paper one? I don't wanna carry my actual wallet just for the paper card I have to present once when I go back.

I took a picture of my card rather than bring it tonight and they were fine with it. I even asked the lady checking if she wanted to see my ID to verify and she was like, “Nah, you’re good.”

Tonight was an absolute breeze. Didn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for any of the mazes. Even later on when H4 and TCM were posting 40-50, it ended up being 20. Unlike my first two times, the lines were moving. This was the first night I was able to do repeats, too. Our only mistake tonight was doing standby for the Mummy instead of single rider and it took an hour; I saw more people in the Express line for that than any of the mazes…

And compared to the first two times I went where the crowd quality itself was downright awful, tonight was a HUGE improvement. No one arguing with employees, etc. I can’t help but feel having the new entry requirement weeded out a certain type of people who made the first two nights such a pain…

Also! Did anyone else who went tonight see what was going on in the Mummy exterior queue!? Bunch of security were in the area because there were human teeth on the ground. We were standing next to one when the first team member came over with a flashlight and then it escalated from there as they were searching the vicinity for more. Pretty wild, and I have a million questions!

I took a picture of my card rather than bring it tonight and they were fine with it. I even asked the lady checking if she wanted to see my ID to verify and she was like, “Nah, you’re good.”

Tonight was an absolute breeze. Didn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for any of the mazes. Even later on when H4 and TCM were posting 40-50, it ended up being 20. Unlike my first two times, the lines were moving. This was the first night I was able to do repeats, too. Our only mistake tonight was doing standby for the Mummy instead of single rider and it took an hour; I saw more people in the Express line for that than any of the mazes…

And compared to the first two times I went where the crowd quality itself was downright awful, tonight was a HUGE improvement. No one arguing with employees, etc. I can’t help but feel having the new entry requirement weeded out a certain type of people who made the first two nights such a pain…

Also! Did anyone else who went tonight see what was going on in the Mummy exterior queue!? Bunch of security were in the area because there were human teeth on the ground. We were standing next to one when the first team member came over with a flashlight and then it escalated from there as they were searching the vicinity for more. Pretty wild, and I have a million questions!

Crazy! I did not hear about that. Did my typical early entry route and didn’t see anything crazy happening near the Mummy on my way to the upper lot after TCM.

Entry was no problem. I used the QR code on my phone but was told next time to bring my physical card.

The HHN crowd was definitely light last night. Ended up getting a crazy good scare in H4, which was a complete surprise and made my night.

Reactions: highdefrex
Went last night (recap in the review thread!) and had a GREAT time despite it being a peak, sold out night. Lines were sporting crazy wait times between 9 - 11 (Exorcist, TCM and Haunting all got to 120-180 mins during this time), but other than that, they were in the 45-75 zone for the rest of the night. I could've finished all the mazes and Terror Tram by 10pm, EASILY, but I like to take my time and do rides, dinner, etc..

Reactions: JawsVictim
Kind of a random post, but if HHNH insists on bringing back the tram next year, there’s one thing I wish they would try and do and that’s a corn maze. Now, obviously it can’t literally be a maze because that would create such an unimaginable cluster cluck, but I mean a corn maze with a set path and maybe the occasional “mini maze” along the path. Knotts did this many years ago with Cornstalkers, but look up Dark Harvest in Chino to get a better idea of what I’m talking about. It would have to be adjusted for HHN crowds, but a corn maze like that would be a cool way to freshen up the tram.

I tried to sell my Wife on letting me spring for After 2PM Express tickets last night for my visit this coming Sunday. She wasn't having it with the massive difference in price compared to the regular after 2pm tickets. We are from Arkansas and have just one attempt at this event. At what time on Sunday should we postion ourselves for early entrance Exorcist and do the strategies laid out here to cover all that's offered.
We certainly want to catch Waterworld during the day as we have never seen it and who knows if we make it back within the next decade. What rides should we do during the daytime hours.

Any reports from Sun Oct 10th is much appreciated. We'll be at the gate before 2pm to get in as soon as possible. Needless to say Monday is not a 'school night' for us, so we can stick it out till the bitter end

I tried to sell my Wife on letting me spring for After 2PM Express tickets last night for my visit this coming Sunday. She wasn't having it with the massive difference in price compared to the regular after 2pm tickets. We are from Arkansas and have just one attempt at this event. At what time on Sunday should we postion ourselves for early entrance Exorcist and do the strategies laid out here to cover all that's offered.
We certainly want to catch Waterworld during the day as we have never seen it and who knows if we make it back within the next decade. What rides should we do during the daytime hours.

Any reports from Sun Oct 10th is much appreciated. We'll be at the gate before 2pm to get in as soon as possible. Needless to say Monday is not a 'school night' for us, so we can stick it out till the bitter end

I actually skipped last night because the last two Sundays have been so packed.

I recommend hitting Secret Life of Pets and Waterworld, then heading down to the lower lot for early entry. You can hit JW and Mummy later on in the evening after mazes/terror tram. I also really like our Forbidden Journey as it has way more dementors than Orlando.

Just follow the early entry strategy laid out here: line up for Exorcist early entry by 5 PM, then do Exorcist > TCM > Hill House > Pandora > Halloween > Bride > (Walking Dead Attraction if you’ve never seen it before > Terror Tram.

Thanks. Is there time for some Dufftoberfest in the beer garden and a sit down meal. When do the eateries close up?

We are eating at Bob's Big Boy for nostalgia sake around lunch near our hotel.

Our Monday is completely open, we were think Knott's during the day. Suggestion, HangRimenbeing down is a bummer but SSMM is out of the way really.

We get there on Sat, and was planning sightseeing and Santa Monica Pier in the evening

Tue is DL and DAC

Wed is flight back home.

Thanks. Is there time for some Dufftoberfest in the beer garden and a sit down meal. When do the eateries close up?

We are eating at Bob's Big Boy for nostalgia sake around lunch near our hotel.

Our Monday is completely open, we were think Knott's during the day. Suggestion, HangRimenbeing down is a bummer but SSMM is out of the way really.

We get there on Sat, and was planning sightseeing and Santa Monica Pier in the evening

Tue is DL and DAC

Wed is flight back home.

If I were you, I’d rearrange your itinerary to see Knott’s Scary Farm on Saturday and hit the pier Monday.

IMO, yes you’ll have time to eat for HHNH. If you do early admission at 2 PM and hit SLoP and WW, you’ll have some time before 5 PM and can eat then or hit Mummy & JW. If you’re choosing to eat a meal later, you’ll have time to do so around 9 after finishing mazes and before Terror Tram. You could actually stop in Springfield for a beer and food, as it won’t be crazy that early in the evening.

Reactions: Donald Razorduck