Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

Yeah it opened about 6:20 ish. Was getting a beer at the bar and thought it was odd it was opened. Lines for express tonight wete not
Bad exept for Scarecrow and Halloween. We waited over 30 min in each. Scarecrow must have had an incident because the line just stopped moving for the 15 min. even RIP was waiting. The sad thing is Standby line was 1/4’of the size of express but the wait time was 120 min.

Scarecrow the two times I went always seemed to have an issue with letting the general guests in at a good pace

As someone who used express, I can say it’s too fast.And would like them to make express guests have to wait up to 5 mins if it means keeping the general line down

Something I noticed on my trip, but not sure if it's true for everyone else...
Are they no longer checking tickets before you line up to see if you have the "right early entry" ticket? I remember previous years, if you bought your ticket anywhere other than the official website, you couldn't get early entry and had to stand off to the side and wait until 7pm to enter. There was no barricade or person checking tickets before you line up, or anything, when I went.

Something I noticed on my trip, but not sure if it's true for everyone else...
Are they no longer checking tickets before you line up to see if you have the "right early entry" ticket? I remember previous years, if you bought your ticket anywhere other than the official website, you couldn't get early entry and had to stand off to the side and wait until 7pm to enter. There was no barricade or person checking tickets before you line up, or anything, when I went.
Its been like this since 2019 actually

How’s the crowd been in September? I’m hearing it’s been crazy even with Express. Anyone going this upcoming weekend?

How’s the crowd been in September? I’m hearing it’s been crazy even with Express. Anyone going this upcoming weekend?

It was sold out three of the four days this past weekend - very packed.

My recommendation would be to hit one of the lower lot mazes during early entry and then get up to Halloween and Scarecrow for their 7pm opening. La Llorona right after, then Blumhouse, then Tram. Horror Hotel’s waits never get too gnarly. If you don’t care about the chainsaw chase out, the lower lot mazes (including Weeknd) have routinely plummeted in the last hour or so.

I went last night and it was miserable. Express has just soured the event, IMO. Been going every year, multiple times, since 2010, and watching multiple lines hit 120+ minute waits for hours on end because of Express is just more grotesque than anything else in the event. We didn’t even stay till 11 before deciding to leave because the waits were just beyond ridiculous, and I checked the lines at midnight and 1am on the app once we’d gotten home and they were still godawful, which is just mind blowing for a Sunday when people have work/school the next morning. I don’t remember it ever being like this on a Sunday in September other than last year (which is the whole reason to go on Sunday or Thursday, to avoid the Friday/Saturday crowds)!

I went last night and it was miserable. Express has just soured the event, IMO. Been going every year, multiple times, since 2010, and watching multiple lines hit 120+ minute waits for hours on end because of Express is just more grotesque than anything else in the event. We didn’t even stay till 11 before deciding to leave because the waits were just beyond ridiculous, and I checked the lines at midnight and 1am on the app once we’d gotten home and they were still godawful, which is just mind blowing for a Sunday when people have work/school the next morning. I don’t remember it ever being like this on a Sunday in September other than last year (which is the whole reason to go on Sunday or Thursday, to avoid the Friday/Saturday crowds)!
They need to increase capacity tenfold. Not having the backlot open to mazes this year really screwed things up.

They’re also overselling Express and RIP tours. It’s never been this bad.

It’s really terrible, and seeing throngs of people paying to avoid the long lines they’re creating by paying to avoid them gives me no hope about the circular nature of the whole thing, because I doubt Universal would ever dial back the cash cow now that the floodgates are open and people are still pouring through regardless.

• Sad
Reactions: DTH
It was sold out three of the four days this past weekend - very packed.

My recommendation would be to hit one of the lower lot mazes during early entry and then get up to Halloween and Scarecrow for their 7pm opening. La Llorona right after, then Blumhouse, then Tram. Horror Hotel’s waits never get too gnarly. If you don’t care about the chainsaw chase out, the lower lot mazes (including Weeknd) have routinely plummeted in the last hour or so.
I'm going again this weekend and this is my plan. I think I'll do either Klowns or Monsters first (whichever seems shorter tbh, unless anyone recommends for sure picking one or the other), then running up to do Halloween before a line builds (I will NEVER wait in that parking garage EVER again under any circumstances), Scarecrow, La Llorona, Blumhouse, Hotel, Tram if it's still not before 11:45pm, then run back down to save Weeknd for one of the lasts along with whatever I didn't hit before. Does this sound do-able to hit everything or am I being too optimistic? I missed a maze (Klownz) first weekend so I'd love to get my record of hitting everything in one night back in shape.

Gotta wonder why the second week of the event, when I attended, was far less crowded. Only Klowns line reached over an hour. I did everything with no express, and was out by 12. They even held up the Express line that was 15 or 20 people deep and let a few of us in the stand by in at Legends Collide. This was my wait for Scarecrow at 7pm:
VideoCapture_20220926-133931.jpg

I had always been advised to visit midweek, mid September. But I didn’t think it would be this big of a difference

I’ve got an unlimited express ticket lined up for next month. Went back and forth between that and FFP but this year it just seems like doing the general standby — even if you’re going a bunch of times with your pass — is just a generally unpleasant experience. Plus I hate needing a plan and having to run from spot to spot, I just wanna go at my own pace. Although it does seem like express doesn’t always give you that luxury with the overselling going on. It’s like you can’t win at this point.

Really glad I went opening night. Other than a throng of people at Weeknd right at the beginning, the standby lines were a total breeze the entire time.

I’ve got an unlimited express ticket lined up for next month. Went back and forth between that and FFP but this year it just seems like doing the general standby — even if you’re going a bunch of times with your pass — is just a generally unpleasant experience. Plus I hate needing a plan and having to run from spot to spot, I just wanna go at my own pace. Although it does seem like express doesn’t always give you that luxury with the overselling going on. It’s like you can’t win at this point.

Really glad I went opening night. Other than a throng of people at Weeknd right at the beginning, the standby lines were a total breeze the entire time.
Besides the Weekend. You can go two nights and literally wait less then 10 mins and get every maze done.

If i could go back in time, I'd just have upgraded my free pass to a FFP pass and go again and saved myself 100 bucks. The weekend maze was fun but worth 100 extra bucks? I don't know if I've been on an maze worth that...lol

You do have to "hit" mazes in the right order but for me its kinda part of the fun