Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it, it gives a certain layering effect that compliments the architectural styling.

Also, and I am going to pull a guess by @HydraGen2299 that I agree with, but it looks like there's a portion on the top of the A-Frame..that could have a cross sign then added later?
IMG_3861.jpg

He posted this on the TPS server as a guess (the cross hasn't been actually added), but it feels very sensical with it's placement IMO.
I could definitely see that. There's also a reason that window second from left doesn't have a backing. I'd say it could be for a bell, but that feels way too close to La Llorona's facade.

That definitely looks like it has some Spanish mission influence to the facade. Maybe they're doing a Chupacabra house?

It's probably for another Mexican urban legend of some sort. It would make sense to do another one considering La Llorona won HOTY last year.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Demon Slayer has to be a cover-up for something else. It has to be.

No Blumhouse? Seriously doubt it. Probably going where the Exorcist is going. I can see them cramming Insidious, Exorcist, and Megan into one.

Holidayz again huh? Would've rather have Creepshow again. One less house I gotta worry about on repeat visits I guess.

Top Secret? My guess is Stranger Things or a white whale IP.

Da heck is the owl? Nightingales?

Show in Water World again? Interesting. Could we have the long, long-awaited return of Slaughter World?
why are we still doing the demon slayer thing
Would you rather it be Scooby Doo?

That is one odd spec map. I wonder if Chucky and Monsters in the CG lot together would be enough of a draw to bring the crowds all the way out there? I don't feel like it would unless I'm way underestimating the mass appeal of Chucky.

Exorcist makes sense, I guess. Holidayz is an interesting choice for a repeat but I'm still skeptical. I loved the maze so I'm generally fine with it coming back, it just seems like it's better suited as an annual backup plan instead of a maze you invest in and plan for 6 months in advance.

Surprised to see Terror Tram Celebrities on V2. Intrigued and excited by the Top Secret maze assuming that clue isn't meant to be taken literally (e.g. Mission Impossible or something equally as out of left field).

I noticed that. To be honest though, I don't think there would be much of a difference other than a few subtleties here and there.

I mean, in comparison to the material at play: the differences of the sequences and set pieces between the two is quite noticeable (like Bill's Town, Pittsburgh, or even David's Lakeshore Village). Even the Left Behind stuff has elements in differencing order that could noticeably cause them to have to separate the two.

Would also beg the question to how the relationship is currently with WBD, if they may not of been able to get the show.

I mean, in comparison to the material at play: the differences of the sequences and set pieces between the two is quite noticeable (like Bill's Town, Pittsburgh, or even David's Lakeshore Village). Even the Left Behind stuff has elements in differencing order that could noticeably cause them to have to separate the two.

Would also beg the question to how the relationship is currently with WBD, if they may not of been able to get the show.
If I recall, wasn't TLOU highly speculated for HHN 2022 until HBO delayed its release? I think the show was still filming even over last summer, which would lead me to believe the maze was always going to be based on the game but just coincide with the show's release. I may be misremembering though.

All that said, the game definitely lends itself to a maze more than the show did.

I noticed that. To be honest though, I don't think there would be much of a difference other than a few subtleties here and there.
Ehhhh, I highly doubt that. I don't play video games, but I know some of the most popular sequences from the show -- like everything related to the episodes with the Melanie Lynskey character, and the Nick Offerman/Murray Bartlett episode -- aren't in the game.

Obviously the game is extremely popular and enough people would be excited to get a house based on it, but the impetus for even bringing the property to HHN in the first place is 1,000% the show. I'm sure the majority of people who played the game watched the show so it wouldn't be an issue for them; I'm not sure anywhere near the same amount of people who watched the show are familiar with the game.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Ehhhh, I highly doubt that. I don't play video games, but I know some of the most popular sequences from the show -- like everything related to the episodes with the Melanie Lynskey character, and the Nick Offerman/Murray Bartlett episode -- aren't in the game.

Obviously the game is extremely popular and enough people would be excited to get a house based on it, but the impetus for even bringing the property to HHN in the first place is 1,000% the show. I'm sure the majority of people who played the game watched the show so it wouldn't be an issue; I'm not sure anywhere near the same amount of people who watched the show are familiar with the game.
Right, I get that. I'm just saying that the maze adaptation would include mostly the horror elements and a few of the core scenes that are basically the same between the show and the game. The show went into much more depth with some of the relationships than the game did, but I don't think any of that would show up abundantly in the maze. It's basically a venn diagram with an 80% overlap.

That is one odd spec map. I wonder if Chucky and Monsters in the CG lot together would be enough of a draw to bring the crowds all the way out there? I don't feel like it would unless I'm way underestimating the mass appeal of Chucky.

Exorcist makes sense, I guess. Holidayz is an interesting choice for a repeat but I'm still skeptical. I loved the maze so I'm generally fine with it coming back, it just seems like it's better suited as an annual backup plan instead of a maze you invest in and plan for 6 months in advance.

Surprised to see Terror Tram Celebrities on V2. Intrigued and excited by the Top Secret maze assuming that clue isn't meant to be taken literally (e.g. Mission Impossible or something equally as out of left field).
Yeah you’re underestimating the appeal of chucky people will head over there for sure

The thing is I KNOW Demon Slayer is the Top Secret IP (I’m also quite quite positive I know what it is after connecting some dots) but what I thought was the Top Secret IP as Demon Slayer, is being listed separately as a Top Secret IP!!! The plot is getting juiiiiiiicy.

I love it, it gives a certain layering effect that compliments the architectural styling.

Also, and I am going to pull a guess by @HydraGen2299 that I agree with, but it looks like there's a portion on the top of the A-Frame..that could have a cross sign then added later?
IMG_3861.jpg

He posted this on the TPS server as a guess (the cross hasn't been actually added), but it feels very sensical with it's placement IMO.
Graphic design is my passion

Status
Not open for further replies.