Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we found out when HHN is happening this year? I took a gamble and pre-booked a room at the Sheraton Universal for September 6th-8th. Sounds about right?

A little off topic...
Just looked at some of the construction pics that were posted.
Specifically, the one in Parisian Courtyard...
You guys think we could see something out of the box like La Planchada (could have worked really well in the Old Walking Dead venue before it was gutted), the Lone Ranger, The Siguanaba, or something like that?
I'd be cool to see a maze sort of like Blumhouse but with all sorts of stories from Spanish-speaking countries.

A little off topic...
Just looked at some of the construction pics that were posted.
Specifically, the one in Parisian Courtyard...
You guys think we could see something out of the box like La Planchada (could have worked really well in the Old Walking Dead venue before it was gutted), the Lone Ranger, The Siguanaba, or something like that?
I'd be cool to see a maze sort of like Blumhouse but with all sorts of stories from Spanish-speaking countries.
Hehehehehe I actually have a theory that Parisian is an adaptation of the scarezone Pueblo del Terror from last year. And la lechuza that’s being rumored is just the final third of the house. Pueblo de Terror is the only original that got merch in Hollywood last year it had to have been a test to see if there’s demand for the characters The maze itself has a lot of attributes that compilation houses have specifically the flat facade in the middle of the house. I think it makes sense idk. Also murdy said there’s 2 mazes this year with artwork transitions. 1 is probably the rumored return of Holidayz in hell and the other can definitely be this. Here’s a little edit I made of that flat facade to kinda give you a visual of my thesis

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The pace they're working at here is super confusing to me. This facade looks nearly complete -- how are these finishes going to survive being cooked by the Southern California sun all summer? They're gonna need a ton of touch-up -- unless it becomes part of the aesthetic?

Didn't I see Murdy post that there would be two houses that would involve a narration?

Pueblo del Terror it is!

EDIT TO ADD: Also, I *kinda* caught up with Orlando speculation and apparently Stranger Things is in the cards. You think it might happen over here as well? I know that there were some concerns about it but if enough people want it.....

Last edited:
Didn't I see Murdy post that there would be two houses that would involve a narration?

Pueblo del Terror it is!

EDIT TO ADD: Also, I *kinda* caught up with Orlando speculation and apparently Stranger Things is in the cards. You think it might happen over here as well? I know that there were some concerns about it but if enough people want it.....
Last I heard the supposed beef Netflix had with HHN was actually caused by Orlando they were chill with our hill house somehow so I dunno. Murdy said there’s a bigger facade that hasn’t started construction and the creel house is pretty big. I dunno it could happen. I don’t want it to but it could happen. I feel like we do the stranger things song and dance every year though

Good to bring into mention but this seems to be our shared lineup.

- The Exorcist: Believer
- Universal Monsters
- Chucky
- Stranger Things 4
- ND's The Last of Us.

Excluding Historias/La Lechuza and Holidayz, that leaves one mystery for Hollywood with Orlando atleast having some form of a Japanese myth based house (though it does not seem to be Demon Slayer).

Gotta give it to UC. They went above and beyond hiding this years lineup.

Gives me a flash of 2019 vibes admittedly.

The return of the Netflix IP, the "Experimental" IP with TLOU filling the Ghostbusters slot, the slasher of Chucky, and the promo of The Exorcist. Hopefully this year's Monsters house doesn't become a hogwash like Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman (I say what I say).

Does raise a question to what is lucky number 6 though. Hopefully @HydraGen2299 isn't right and that we can skip Billie's games.

The pace they're working at here is super confusing to me. This facade looks nearly complete -- how are these finishes going to survive being cooked by the Southern California sun all summer? They're gonna need a ton of touch-up -- unless it becomes part of the aesthetic?
I'm thinking that they might be starting earlier this year.
In general, it seems HHN starts earlier and earlier each year anyway.

All the parks seem to be playing around with "early halloween" experiences though.
Six Flags had one not too long ago where they opened two of their mazes.
But, I'm thinking either they're playing around with that or maybe the mazes are pretty sophisticated this year.
To be fair, set design last year was rather high quality. Might be the same thing going on this year.

Hmm so I posted about how Dev mentioned ST as the headliner and this was considered a joke but now ppl are believing this will happen lol

Let’s give credit to Dev for mentioning this months prior.
This has probably been mentioned already but I will post this since I saw the video. PCDev (YouTuber) said his source told him 3 scenarios for the house headliner this year.

First scenario - Stranger Things. It won’t happen because Netflix wants too much money. (Thank you Netflix)
Second scenario - IT. Universal & WB have reached an agreement to use this property and make Pennywise the top character this year. (YES!)
Third scenario - Legends year. Put legends in different houses. (Eh)

He goes to HHN ORL but did visit HW last year.

Hmm so I posted about how Dev mentioned ST as the headliner and this was considered a joke but now ppl are believing this will happen lol

Let’s give credit to Dev for mentioning this months prior.

I mean, no. lol

There aren't "scenarios". It's either happening or it isn't. It also literally says "ST won't happen because they want too much money", so even if ST is coming - he wrote it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.