Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up, I wanna address the narrative about certain properties not coming because the movie isn’t out yet. That is false. In 2017, Insidious 4 was used as an IP and the movie didn’t come out until 2018.
To be fair, when it was locked in it was still likely slated for a Halloween-ish release, it didn't get delayed until pretty close to the event proper. They're very much in the practice of making ""teaser"" mazes for movies they have coming up in the future, but usually only do it in the form of compilations so they can feature a taste of it and avoid spoilers as much as possible. With Fnaf specifically I think thats unlikely purely because the hype surrounding the movie could theoretically be enough for a more significant marketing push and solo maze, forcing them to use much more content from the movie, unless they chose to base it on the games, which in turn would require much more variation and therefore much more budget distribution.
Because of that, I think they'd rather just wait and see if the movie does well this year, so that if its a big hit they can milk it for all its worth as a solo maze next year rather than potentially wasting it before it can be a big enough draw as just a part of a compilation, and if it flops nothing is lost in choosing not to use it.

Reactions: Freak
I do agree that Asian Horror is really long overdue to make an appearance at HHN. Given how many people I see wearing Uzumaki shirts, it would definitely find an audience.
Seriously this. If not an Uzumaki house, I’d think HHN and Junji Ito collaboration would make for a sick original maze. I’d love to see his art style come to life.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Ok so hear me out I was on a HHN discord server and they say holiday's in hell is a code word for wicked growth. This would make sense because we saw little boo on the merch last year. What are your thoughts on this?

Ok so hear me out I was on a HHN discord server and they say holiday's in hell is a code word for wicked growth. This would make sense because we saw little boo on the merch last year. What are your thoughts on this?
Yes! YES. PLEASE.

Wicked Growth was STELLAR when I went through it. Hollywood did a great job with Scarecrow so I think they’ll do good on this.

Yeah nah. As much as I like the idea the facade being built in that location is very much holidayz in hell. There was no codename. It’s just on the spec map because the facade is identical to how holidayz in hell got built.

Yeah your probably right. I really want it to be creep show then. Maybe throw in the series or something. Creepshow is a really fun ip.

I've only attended HHN Hollywood the last 2 years, so I never experienced Holidayz in Hell. Is that a house they would directly repeat, like KKFOS last year?
I've seen POVs, looks like it was in Parisian Courtyard? I know that location has some specific quirks, maybe it can be expanded in a new location. I was disappointed that KKFOS wasn't

Yes it is but I would rather want to see creepshow than holidays in hell again. Plus the creepshow series would make a really good maze if they wanted something new.

Yes it is but I would rather want to see creepshow than holidays in hell again. Plus the creepshow series would make a really good maze if they wanted something new.
They're both flat facades so i assume it could be either creepshow or holidays in hell. Unless we're wrong and it is infact a original maze. I don't see a orlando orignal on the speculation map though.

Once again: Avoid double posting. Use the multiquote feature.

Just because something has a flat facade doesn't mean it's a particular maze from the past. The fact that we've just named two mazes that used a flat facade in recent history should tell you that it could just as easily be something new.

Once again: Avoid double posting. Use the multiquote feature.

Just because something has a flat facade doesn't mean it's a particular maze from the past. The fact that we've just named two mazes that used a flat facade in recent history should tell you that it could just as easily be something new.
Agreed, and that's not even considering ST 1 and 2 and the weeknd house. I think this is something new

Agreed, and that's not even considering ST 1 and 2 and the weeknd house. I think this is something new
Hopefully an Ip because we don't have that many ip's on the speculation map. Murdy did say they're be two icons. Once for the tram and one for an original maze. If you didn't know this murdy said Hollywood harry was official an icon in HHN 2022.

ST 1 and 2 didn’t even have a facade it was just a black wall and a projector
I've only attended HHN Hollywood the last 2 years, so I never experienced Holidayz in Hell. Is that a house they would directly repeat, like KKFOS last year?
I've seen POVs, looks like it was in Parisian Courtyard? I know that location has some specific quirks, maybe it can be expanded in a new location. I was disappointed that KKFOS wasn't
It theoretically could be elaborated on but like…would they? Who knows

Since klowns was the exact same last year I doubt they'd add anything new
I have a theory that klowns was a victim of circumstance due to resources being needed to rework evil dead rise into Universal Horror Hotel. I feel like their hands were kinda tied and they had to just make it a copy and paste I feel like the situation with this rumored Holidayz house is more comparable to Halloween 2015 vs Halloween 2022 considering they’re both Parisian courtyard to tent transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.