Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the concern to Chupacabras could be the same thing that albeit ironically, would nudge El Cucuy more forward than that: the design the team gave for Chupacabras for El Pueblo De Terror.

Also, unrelated, but amazing Avatar @Freak

I think the concern to Chupacabras could be the same thing that albeit ironically, would nudge El Cucuy more forward than that: the design the team gave for Chupacabras for El Pueblo De Terror.

Also, unrelated, but amazing Avatar @Freak
Just do a Chupacabra house and design it the way you want. The name itself will be a big draw for the Los Angelinos just like La Llorona was. Lol

And thanks! Amazing the random stuff you’ll find on Instagram home page! :lol:

Side Note: kinda of funny how everyone is saying Evil Dead Rise is a no-no because it would hit the same notes UHH did but that is literally the most obvious reason why it would come, and it’s such a Hollywood thing to do lol. It would be cheap, and the GP won’t care.

Side Note: kinda of funny how everyone is saying Evil Dead Rise is a no-no because it would hit the same notes UHH did but that is literally the most obvious reason why it would come, and it’s such a Hollywood thing to do lol. It would be cheap, and the GP won’t care.

Honestly I wonder if it might even be a Hollywood exclusive; given all they would really need to do for the moment is to preserve the core elements from the layout that remained intact for UHH, and simply restore them to what it was when Evil Dead Rise was coming.

It feels like the kind of a cost-saving move that honestly would be welcome and good for the scenario of Halloween Horror Nights for the budgetary. I'd also imagine that Hollywood and WB would've had some form of contract that ensured things to be proposed later should it fall at the point that it did.

To ask this question albeit though, and it's a good one: Do we think they could go to 9? Murdy has talked about in the past that Jurassic World doesn't seem to be a venue that's as impossible to use, and the only issue that could come is in simply queue placement.

If they can, I could easily see it handled similar to how Curious George is; with the entrance for the house over at the Super Nintendo World backstage gate like how the path to Curious George is next to Potter.

Reactions: chris.g
Amazing that people can be in this industry and literally work in the realm of horror, their bread and butter, and somehow have never heard of two of the best-received horror movies of the year. (And if someone is about to chime in to say why they personally didn't like X and/or Pearl, that's not my point; my point is that these two movies did make a splash critically, so the idea that people whose job is to peddle in horror haven't even heard of them is mind-boggling.)
At the end of the day, corporate leadership certainly skews older so their own personal interests don't always align with what younger audiences are interested in unless it makes a ton of money. Hopefully I was able to get them to check it out.

Just remembered there's a new Insidious movie coming out summer 2023. It's a Sony release but I wonder if there's any leeway?

Could happen, I have to imagine they've had to cut deals with Sony in the past to bring it over since they're a partial rightsholder. Would be an easy space filler. Without synergy pressures though, I'm not sure it's very high priority unless Blum really wants it to appear.

Reactions: viking_wizard_eyes
Honestly I wonder if it might even be a Hollywood exclusive; given all they would really need to do for the moment is to preserve the core elements from the layout that remained intact for UHH, and simply restore them to what it was when Evil Dead Rise was coming.

It feels like the kind of a cost-saving move that honestly would be welcome and good for the scenario of Halloween Horror Nights for the budgetary. I'd also imagine that Hollywood and WB would've had some form of contract that ensured things to be proposed later should it fall at the point that it did.

To ask this question albeit though, and it's a good one: Do we think they could go to 9? Murdy has talked about in the past that Jurassic World doesn't seem to be a venue that's as impossible to use, and the only issue that could come is in simply queue placement.

If they can, I could easily see it handled similar to how Curious George is; with the entrance for the house over at the Super Nintendo World backstage gate like how the path to Curious George is next to Potter.
I really hope they don't push for another house. I feel like they finally found their footing on their budget this year and even then that was with repeats. I don’t want another 2017 scenario where they pushed hard for another house only to get black walls everywhere. If they really want to add capacity then the right response would be to just open SNW at least on “peak nights” and add more nights.

I think eight houses plus the tram is more than sufficient, especially when you consider Florida has ten houses. Tram is basically the length and budget of two houses easily. It’s already getting hard enough to do all the houses in one night.

Also I really hope they’re not going to just repurpose UHH for Evil Dead Rise. You can argue the GP won’t care but when you sell it as a new house, especially with “Evil Dead” in the title, people are going to be really pissed to find out they got duped into a rehash of UHH. That would be such an HHNH move but man that would be awful to waste a great venue in a repeat. Imagine next year for HHN they blow their two biggest and most space-valuable venues on repeats like Evil Dead/UHH 2 on TWDA and Weeknd in 29. IDK about you guys but I think TWDA would be perfect for something like TLOU.

Reactions: Jaden
Also I really hope they’re not going to just repurpose UHH for Evil Dead Rise. You can argue the GP won’t care but when you sell it as a new house, especially with “Evil Dead” in the title, people are going to be really pissed to find out they got duped into a rehash of UHH.

I mean we will as fans but I don't think the rest of HHN's attendees would care all too much.

Last edited:
I mean we will as fans but I don't think the rest of HHN's attendees would care all too much.
It also consistently had the lowest lines every night and at this point, I'm wondering if even 30% of attendees even bothered with it. If there's any maze they could repeat with nobody batting an eye and repackaging it as new, it's that one haha. They did it with Asylum and Nightmare on Elm Street -- worked out just fine.

Reactions: Clive and chris.g
Welp I guess Evil Dead Rise is happening then.

Just sucks that such a good venue with a lot potential for cool sets is going to be used for essentially a repeat.

Let's hope if they do, they can redesign the maze a little. Definitely felt like the scares need to be closer. Maybe add a few switchbacks so they can get you from the corners, so they're not just relying on doors (which seem harder to open).

Couple interesting things from Twitter Q&A Murdy is doing:

1) Says Hellraiser and Scream are two properties that he’d do if there were no copyright issues. Wonder if that makes Scream not as likely as we think for 2023.

2) Says Netflix has been “doing their own thing” and is unsure about future collaborations. So maybe no ST season 4. I was gonna suggest — if the issue was just with ST and not necessarily with Netflix in general, the new Guillermo del Toro show has a ton of potential as far as content goes, and there is a pre-existing creative relationship thanks to Crimson Peak. But maybe not a possibility now.

Couple interesting things from Twitter Q&A Murdy is doing:

1) Says Hellraiser and Scream are two properties that he’d do if there were no copyright issues. Wonder if that makes Scream not as likely as we think for 2023.

2) Says Netflix has been “doing their own thing” and is unsure about future collaborations. So maybe no ST season 4. I was gonna suggest — if the issue was just with ST and not necessarily with Netflix in general, the new Guillermo del Toro show has a ton of potential as far as content goes, and there is a pre-existing creative relationship thanks to Crimson Peak. But maybe not a possibility now.

He also said he's thought about doing a German Expressionist/B&W house based on Nosferatu or Dr Caligari, which already sounds like the most awesome thing we're never getting. Maybe a version when the Eggers movie releases?

He also said he's thought about doing a German Expressionist/B&W house based on Nosferatu or Dr Caligari, which already sounds like the most awesome thing we're never getting. Maybe a version when the Eggers movie releases?
If they do a straight-up Caligari house, that would be DOPE. German Expressionism makes some great set design for a house! Not to mention Nicholas Cage would be happy! :grin:

Tell me I'm not the only one who saw the Unbearable Weight of Awesome Talent earlier this year, right? It was a great movie.

If they do a straight-up Caligari house, that would be DOPE. German Expressionism makes some great set design for a house! Not to mention Nicholas Cage would be happy! :grin:

Tell me I'm not the only one who saw the Unbearable Weight of Awesome Talent earlier this year, right? It was a great movie.

You know, Cage is about to star as Dracula in a Universal movie, so there's actually a non-zero chance that he'll do promotional work for HHN. I'm just saying, it'd fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.