Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will they alter the Waterworld arena to accommodate a Purge show? Im assuming they cant afford to shut down the daytime show, so will they just add a couple temporary banners and call it a day?
Slaughterworld I believe managed to make it work, with temporary things that they could cover with tarps. The big question is with the costuming, as I have to imagine the purge masks wouldn’t work with stunt conditions.

Either way, a IP overlay is a welcome sight to see! Here’s to see what awaits at DreamWorks Theater.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
How will they alter the Waterworld arena to accommodate a Purge show? Im assuming they cant afford to shut down the daytime show, so will they just add a couple temporary banners and call it a day?
here's what the marquee looked like the last time it was used (2007). obviously, that's a long time ago but I assume it will be a similar treatment.
DSC02600-1536x864.jpg

Wait, why did everyone go from @rageofthegods just making a joke/guess (?) on the last page to now talking about it like it is, in fact, a Purge show? "A IP overlay is a welcome sight to see" makes it sound like it's official. Did something get confirmed today...?

Wait, why did everyone go from @rageofthegods just making a joke/guess (?) on the last page to now talking about it like it is, in fact, a Purge show? "A IP overlay is a welcome sight to see" makes it sound like it's official. Did something get confirmed today...?
It actually wasn't a joke, there's been people earlier in the thread that mentioned Purge as one of two possibilities for a show (the other being the DWT show). Combined with "stunt performers for Waterworld" you can put two and two together.

Last edited:
In 2006 and 2007 they added a lot of set dressing for Slaughterworld. They took everything down each night for the daytime show. In 1999 they even put up a projection screen above the gates for the Bill & Ted show.

I think one year they even used the arena for a maze. They put up a lot of set dressing each night. Does anyone remember that? Or am I mistaken?

creature from the black lagoon: monsterquarium is an elite maze name, though it comes in second to boogie knights on my 1997 horror nights' name rankings.

View attachment 19263
I kinda hate that any media for the late 90’s HHN for Hollywood is virtually nonexistent. Wish I could find some videos on it! I’ve seen the Undertaker one.

I kinda hate that any media for the late 90’s HHN for Hollywood is virtually nonexistent. Wish I could find some videos on it! I’ve seen the Undertaker one.
Same

Literally looked up the Black Lagoon Maze on Youtube and nothing

Unfortunately, the internet being brand new and streaming it online to become famous barely existed back then, especially when you had team members telling you to not record anything on the mazes.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
I now remember that Area 54 Maze. You entered in the Upper Lot and when down stairs into the parking lot. It was crazy loud in there. and wow! four shows!

I now remember that Area 54 Maze. You entered in the Upper Lot and when down stairs into the parking lot. It was crazy loud in there. and wow! four shows!

Oh man, they actually managed to squeeze a maze into the top floor of the Frankenstein garage? The stairs that lead down there are still there in Super Silly Fun Land. I'd always wondered if that could be feasible as a maze location if/when we lose more venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.