Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the number to text to get wait times? I know the entire park was on high alert today, went before the event started and everybody looked nervous.

They had every reason to be nervous, they should of planned for this after the first two weekends. I feel for the TM's.

So far the first bacth of times they sent out dont seem too bad. The calm before the storm perhaps lol.
7:15
Silent Hill 30min
Gothic 20 min
Dead End 30min
House of Horrors 45min
Walking dead 20min
Alice Cooper 60min
Penn & Teller 20 min

^ I believe they do their best to plan for this... but can never know exactly when and if it will hit. I am sure the parking gates 'might' be telling people. Good for Universal.

^ I believe they do their best to plan for this... but can never know exactly when and if it will hit. I am sure the parking gates 'might' be telling people. Good for Universal.

I agree on the fact that they do their best to plan for this, but you can always predict when it'll hit with the event. Hell Week is always when the crowds are the worst and they know it. The crowds were already abnormally busy for non-peak nights this year, so it was quite predictable that Hell Week would be insane this year. Whether they can actually do much to plan for it is another story.

As of 8:30

Silent Hill 150 Mins
Gothic 90 Mins
Dead End 120 Mins
Walking Dead 150 Mins
House of Horrors 60 Mins
Alice Cooper 60 Mins
P&T 45 Mins

As of 9:30PM

Silent Hill 120 Mins
Gothic 120 Mins
Dead End 120 Mins
Walking Dead 150 Mins
House of Horrors 75 Mins
Alice Cooper 120 Mins
P&T 75 Mins

I know that Rockit was already understaffed to start their day.

I wonder what's going on because when Skip and I were there 2 weeks ago, they were only running one side of Mummy and the line reached the first room in the queue. Is Universal just not used to these crowds during this time of year? Is this all displacement from the loss of Jaws? Clearly, staffing needs to be upped and HHN needs to grow next year.

I wonder what's going on because when Skip and I were there 2 weeks ago, they were only running one side of Mummy and the line reached the first room in the queue.

They're making money, that's what. Cutting back on employees here to put them there. Sure, it's hell, and tiresome, but so is the MK every xmas/new years. The promotions must have hit a sweet spot this year.

I wonder what's going on because when Skip and I were there 2 weeks ago, they were only running one side of Mummy and the line reached the first room in the queue. Is Universal just not used to these crowds during this time of year? Is this all displacement from the loss of Jaws? Clearly, staffing needs to be upped and HHN needs to grow next year.

They recently went through a hiring spree in attractions, however, it seems a lot did not make it through training or just didn't show up. I know a few didn't make it at Rockit specifically, and I was told they would likely be posting for attractions again within a day or two, and the next day, there it was on the jobs site again. They also evidently lost a lot of their HHN staff a week or two ago and were pulling from everywhere else and freely offering overtime to cover the loss. It seems they've been raising standards and more people aren't making it.

Some people are saying they've seen past icons out tonight including three of my friends. Past icons being Jack, and the Usher. Can anyone confirm?

Majority of the houses are 90 mins and less with the exception of the Walking Dead which is still holding strong at 150 MINS

It seems they've been raising standards and more people aren't making it.

A double edged sword. On one hand, great that standards have been raised. On the other hand, guest service is suffering at understaffed attractions. I know someone who applied a few months ago who would have been perfect but didn't get hired. I sometimes wonder about hiring practices. I've seen the same thing with Disney. I guess I was fortunate to be hired immediately in a great role.

Never saw any icons, but we didn't walk around the park too much. We ended up doing four of the houses before the general public got in, then we saw Bill and Ted a few times before doing the three houses we didn't do. We did Rockit around 8pm and it was a posted 75 for regular, 25 for singles. We probably waited around 20 minutes.

It almost felt like any other night, just a bit more people.

It was intense out there tonight. People can be real pigs, especially when alcohol is thrown into the equation. This event is exhibit A, especially on the busier nights.