Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Allegedly, this year is one of their more envelope pushing years so I am not sure why you are saying it is being toned down.
From what I have heard, this year will have the most gore of the past 10+ years and someone told me the 'surprise finale' in Roanoke is something "HHN should have been doing for years" which leads me to believe it was something that was considered too edgy, but has now been approved.
All that being said, if the reviews are good this year, I could see them continuing to push the envelope.

Have you been the last two years? That's why I'm saying that...I haven't been this year, would love to be proven wrong..

Well horror nights is honestly kinda tame scare wise especially when compared to it's neighbor HOS. I think the general public would definitely complain if the event wasn't scary or friendlier, there would probably be a giant backlash from them along with fans complaining that none of the houses were scary (don't deny it we would). It would be an overall mess. I honestly don't know how I would do a friendly horror nights. Probably something like zoo boo with mostly AAs instead of actual actors. Also cooger I'm very happy to hear that. The line up with year sounds particularly gory especially with houses like FDTD, AVP and G&G. All I ask is that there is no gore in Halloween because the original movie had no blood let alone gore. But hey we will see
Exactly, HOS is the scariest theme park event in Florida at the moment IMO...I do remember a day when it was hard to pick which one was scarier..I miss that day

Have you been the last two years? That's why I'm saying that...I haven't been this year, would love to be proven wrong..

Exactly, HOS is the scariest theme park event in Florida at the moment IMO...I do remember a day when it was hard to pick which one was scarier..I miss that day

To be honest, I missed 2012 but I was at the event last year. It was good, but 2011 is still my favorite year since I started going in 2009.

Also, I love HOS and try to get people I know to go there all the time.

Thanks rockin!

Looks like the single exit for the SS's are gone and there will be 3 exits for them this time around. That should definitely cut down on the unnecessary walking and mass of people.

It also appears that any major demolition/construction will not be occurring at KidZone until after HHN is over.

The purge scare zone is HUGE, that is going to be a fun one. I like how they placed the scare zones. The back part is hard to get one in because of Simpson's rights and the B&T show line and show let out. So I can see why they are placed where they are and why there is only 4.

The purge scare zone is HUGE, that is going to be a fun one. I like how they placed the scare zones. The back part is hard to get one in because of Simpson's rights and the B&T show line and show let out. So I can see why they are placed where they are and why there is only 4.

Ooh I didn't even pay attention to the scare zones. They are pretty massive and Bayou is extending into Battery Park!!

Very very happy with the scarezone placements. Hope they deliver. Also nice to see bill and ted in the shows area, speaking of witch what pop culture icons and moments do you think they'll tackle this year. One thing I know for sure will be there is frozen

Looks like AVP first then..work my way around..glad Purge looks to like it is going to take advantage of ALL of NY, not just the main walkway

Will they close of access to the London Waterfront and have everybody go across the bridge?

I do not see why they would have to do that as long as they shut off entrance to DA. Add to that the fact that it would create a huge cluster, and I hope they do not go that route. Based upon the map, it seems like they learned a bit about queue setup from last year and I hope they do not make the same sort of mistake with traffic flow.

Ok so media preview pictures are finally out and here are my first impressions. It seems like they've REALLY gone all out with the original houses this year. Dollhouse, Roanoke and giggles all looks absolutely terrifying with the costumes they showed off. Very impressed with them, definitely wouldn't be shocked if any of them got HOTY. For scare zones it looks like face off will be a bigger and more detailed 7 (as we all predicted). Bayou has some great costumes and mask looks...iffy. Overall incredibly impressed, bit disappointing they didn't show much for AVP but hey, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise anyways. My hype has gone from a 6 to a 10 tonight, hopefully it'll all deliver

This was posted elsewhere by a user named kiwisoup(Mild Spoilers):

I summarized the new information from the media preview event tonight from the main event plus several interviews, concept artwork, etc... there's a few minor potential spoilers:

General information:
-Mike Aiello can't comment on Legendary Truth (with a big grin)
-No roaming scareactors in streets
-Updated videos for Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute

MASKerade: Unstitched
-Giant candles with faces on either side of entrance
-They are violent and will rip their flesh off when they see you
-They have candelabras with knives on the ends for weapons

Bayou of Blood
-Voodoo Queen ritual sacrifice every hour
-During the ritual the Voodoo Queen speaks in tongues and "goes crazy"
-Different colored lighted jars synchronized to lighting and music
-The jars "contain" things needed for the ritual, and there will be effects to simulate the Voodoo Queen drawing power from the items in the jars.
-The Voodoo Queen has an assistant with a very "Baron Samedi" inspired look

Face Off
-10 characters from the last 7 seasons of Face Off
-The main characters are used as a distraction for scares (minions?)
-Characters have different sets (think the icons in HHN: 20 Years of Fear)
-Switching off 5 different characters every 45 minutes (each cast displays different costumes)

The Purge: Anarchy
-Freight trucks, "bread truck"
-Will feature "show" moments like capturing people, auctioning off people,
-2 Motorcycles
-Characters from both films
-TVs in display windows will be playing themed videos

Giggles & Gore, Inc.
-Features mimes
-Very gory, hence the name

Dollhouse of the Damned
-Created characters first, environments second with settings based on the characters
-Porcelain dolls, knitted dolls, marionettes
-The one maze that creeps Mike Aiello out
-They chose a very Mexican outfit as their display. Traditional Mexian Dolls look like this, so I think it's a fit.

Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
-Old school Horror Nights feel
-Separates itself from all the other houses this year

From Dusk Till Dawn
-Based in the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 1.
-Will feature the Gecko Brothers, dancing vampires
-Concept artwork shows "The Twister" and a woman in a bikini

Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
-Movie has an Oct 10th release pushed up a week for the event
-Features a character from the movies called The Master

The Walking Dead: End of the Line
-Biggest maze ever produced in the history of Halloween Horror Nights, the size of two mazes from start to finish
-Follows in exact order of season 4, starting in the prison, ending in Terminus
-Lots of prosthetics
-Not a double run
-Cast of 100, 50 each set
-One setpiece is a destroyed prison tower
-There is one scene in a confined space that features 14 walkers

AVP: Alien vs. Predator
-Used what they learned from the AWIL puppets
-All Aliens are puppeted
-Weyland bioweapon facility
-Most detailed and layered maze in a long time with a lot of work put into lighting as well
-Predator masks feature red lights

Halloween
-You go outside between homes, including the garage
-Only mentions the original John Carpenter movie, but there are said to be "nods" to other movies like Season of the Witch
-Features the tombstone scene
-More about style than gore, but still violent
-Projections onto the facade to make the house deteriorate before your eyes (think Acid Assault)
-Sounds like you do walk through the front? Might be mistaken on this one

Thanks for the re-cap :thumbs:

Sounds awesome definitely plenty of potential. I like the sound of the ritual at Bayou and the The purge sounds like it could be a real hit, especially with area it covers. They seem to be turning up the gore level this year and a violent theme also runs through several of the houses and zones.

All in all it has the making of being a great event and I can't wait to get on the plane next week, see you all on opening night :thumbs: