Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

I hope nothing from this year is brought back for 25. I really want them to do an Alien house with no predators, but give it a few years. I hope they do a Hellraiser house so Brian can geek out. I have my fingers crossed that TWD is gone, but I won't get my hopes up.

Well Jack just brings in the crowds no matter what. His design and attitude makes a connection with people that screams icon. Jacks popularity however could result in a totally original year. He's a marketing and advertising giant, he got you in now let A&D do the rest

Well Jack just brings in the crowds no matter what. His design and attitude makes a connection with people that screams icon. Jacks popularity however could result in a totally original year. He's a marketing and advertising giant, he got you in now let A&D do the rest
Nice article on Jack & Singapore Universal's Horror nights on Mice Chat today. Check it out. I think you guys would enjoy it.

If they do a house for him, it would be interesting if they make it based on his history like flashbacks and as you go through each scene you would progress to closer and closer to his present day murders. So it would start with the first scene: all characters and sets would be in black and white, and so his first murder. Then after the next couple scenes or rooms, color would slowly start to seep into the sets and actor's appearances along with the location and year being displayed somewhere in each room so you know you're working your way through his murderous past up to his present murders and mayhem. What do you guys think? Just an idea? :shrug:

Many icons returning, both parks, corn maze between parks. A mid-level employee told me this but obviously everything could change with more than 10 months to go.

I'm hoping they seriously try a lot harder scare-wise than they did this year. While 2012 was the worst year I've been to, this year felt like they were going through the motions in the house department.

I'm hoping they seriously try a lot harder scare-wise than they did this year. While 2012 was the worst year I've been to, this year felt like they were going through the motions in the house department.

I think there's a definite trend toward timed special effects and away from just sort of letting scare-actors do their own thing, develop their own timing. And that makes the houses less scary. And, of course, as long as there is a conga line, need to build the house to reflect the conga line. Halloween did that well, but other houses could be improved.

You're probably right. This was the first year there was nothing in the houses that surprised me, though.

Here's a theory: if the 2 parks are really being used as I expect they will be, I could see Bill and Ted staying in Fear Factor, Rocky Horror in Beetlejuice, and a version of the Jack show from Singapore in Toon Lagoon theater.

You're probably right. This was the first year there was nothing in the houses that surprised me, though.

Here's a theory: if the 2 parks are really being used as I expect they will be, I could see Bill and Ted staying in Fear Factor, Rocky Horror in Beetlejuice, and a version of the Jack show from Singapore in Toon Lagoon theater.

I just don't see FFL staying through the fall

Last that I heard, the BJ theater is going bye bye sometime soon... some might say FAST.

I've heard of all three of the theaters I listed there going away in the next 2 years. Until it happens I'll assume they're going to be around.

Losing almost every theater on property? Doesn't sound right. Although, I'd be okay with losing all of them. :laugh:

HHN at both parks could be a requirement depending on how much of KidZone is in shambles or how big of a footprint whatever replaces it would take up. I wonder if they would even bother using the tents because of the amount of distance you would have to cover. That would potentially leave Disaster queue as the house furthest in USF. I still have no idea how they would do Islands though, maybe the path would go from the street near Dave School (making the Sound Stages the center of the event) to the back side of Lost Continent have PF house, cross the bridge to JP with Visitor Center house and Toon Lagoon? If they do that then they could save tons of money on people waving flashlights telling me to go the long way around with an absurdly large crowd.

Didn't they have it at 2 parks one year in the past? If they were to do 2 parks, would that make any of the lines shorter potentially?

Makes sense, except I don't see Rocky Horror staying around. Barkers practically begged people to come in, only to have to them leave in droves the one show I saw. Too out there for non-fans, too tame/sanitized for true Rocky fans, and it just feels as played out as Walking Dead.

It's strange that B&T has become iconic after 20-odd years, but Universal has never come up with another HHN show with staying power since then. I thought Death Drums had potential--particularly if it was allowed a full 25-minute show in a proper venue--but after a year they were content to let the drummers just be the East Bunny's back-up band. None of the many magic acts ever caught on, either, or went on to be the next Penn & Teller.

Didn't they have it at 2 parks one year in the past? If they were to do 2 parks, would that make any of the lines shorter potentially?

I dont think so. Conversely, I think it would make things worse. For starters, congestion in IOA is a huge problem itself already. But having the houses that spread out will just create a Jaws/Sprung Tent effect in which isolated houses build up huge queues due to nothing being in the surrounding area. Theres a reason the Jaws queue house always had huge lines. Take that principle and spread it throughout the back half of Islands and youve got a terrible event IMO

It would all depend on what rides are open and what kind of interest people would have. In my opinion at the Studios Rock It is the only ride that has a different experience at night, but IoA has the heavy hitters in Dragons, Hulk, Doom, and JP. I don't think we could even begin to estimate without knowing what the footprint would be and what rides are included add on to that when they did 2-parks before was a very different time than it is now, lines weren't a huge concern back then especially compared to this year. I think one difference is that it would be very deceiving as to the actual numbers of people attending, whole lot of walking.