Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Terra Cruentes was its own world

A world where the BodyCollectors exist in a pseudoVictorian environment, but their kids go to skool in a modern environment.

Oh and there's a medieval village to the left and a biker bar ripped off from Dusk til Dawn on the right.

The backstory was tortured and dumb. The houses were a mixed bag (two of my top 10 ever, probably two of my bottom 10), and the show with the Terra Queen was fun, but tying both together was too much of a stretch.

Reactions: Cole and Clive
Just curious... Why would you think it would be funny to put it in Shrek?
To see a house the fans are ridiculously excited for be crammed into the smallest and most spatially limited location is, I find, really ironic and kind of perfect. What people would expect suddenly has the potential to logistically improbable.

Reactions: SeventyOne
To see a house the fans are ridiculously excited for be crammed into the smallest and most spatially limited location is, I find, really ironic and kind of perfect. What people would expect suddenly has the potential to logistically improbable.

Personally curious if you can answer, would this house be something that USH has well underway with a lot of it's façade done?

Well said; however, I will counter with two items...

1. I think it's really the hardcore horror fans that are salivating for this house. I don't think it will draw nearly he size of crowd that TWD does, despite what us die-hards think

2. They did some really incredible stuff with Alice last year, and I think it showed that the location has more potential than you would think. There were quite a few large set pieces set up last year, as well as unique layouts. I think the size/shape of the venue challenged the designers, and they stepped up.

Now. Could they be setting themselves up for failure just to include it in a "cold" location? Sure, but I have faith in them.

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne
Personally curious if you can answer, would this house be something that USH has well underway with a lot of it's façade done?
I could... But where's the fun in that?
Well said; however, I will counter with two items...

2. They did some really incredible stuff with Alice last year, and I think it showed that the location has more potential than you would think. There were quite a few large set pieces set up last year, as well as unique layouts. I think the size/shape of the venue challenged the designers, and they stepped up.
Considering my only experience with Alice was a video last year, I'll admit I'm not fully aware of the capabilities. It definitely appeared to be a more "vertical" house than most which could be beneficial. That said, sets don't move. Once motion gets involved, a lot more space is necessary on-stage and off. A lot of the scares last year appeared pretty static (standing and lunging from a visible location without sudden appearances). And while that could work again, it limits the potential.

Once motion gets involved, a lot more space is necessary on-stage and off. A lot of the scares last year appeared pretty static (standing and lunging from a visible location without sudden appearances). And while that could work again, it limits the potential.

But that might work if a lot of puppets were involved...

All I know is that if there is a Krampus house it better be significantly cooler inside compared to the outside, there better be falling snow, Krampus better be massive, and they better not have scare actors bouncing around dressed as gingerbread men.

I could really see this being ghost town if that is the reqel. The tent looks about the same size as SS22 which is where is was housed at 14. Either way I am intrigued by the outside part and it seems like it will at least be a better house location than disaster queue. Just never try to hit it up after a B&T let out.

I could really see this being ghost town if that is the reqel. The tent looks about the same size as SS22 which is where is was housed at 14. Either way I am intrigued by the outside part and it seems like it will at least be a better house location than disaster queue. Just never try to hit it up after a B&T let out.

Nope

Reactions: Legacy
It looks like the MIB tent has some possible outdoor sections.

That outdoor looking section looks more like a covered queue than part of the house. It is a quick switchback without much room for any type of props. My guess is there was an elevation change so they made a themed ramp up into the facade. Also gives them a chance to cover and "hide" the facade to make it feel more like a SS house. If you zoom in, you will notice how narrow it is far away from the tent but right by the tent entrance, it opens up quite a bit. Its big enough to put a facade.

Reactions: romo
If krampus happens I'm sure it'll be a soundstage, possibly sharing with exorcist since both will be somewhat cold

Considering it's looking like Exorcist is in SS 22, that just ain't happening in that soundstage. An' it's already been confirmed TWD is sharing a SS with a original house, so it's not going there either.

There's only one other SS and that's probably where the megahouse is going.

An' before anyone goes "But it needs to be cold", this wouldn't be the first time where HHN had a house with a winter/arctic theme that wasn't physically cold. The only one I can think of that really was is Winter's Night, which was in SS 22...and that's where the Exorcist looking to be.

Reactions: Cole
Considering it's looking like Exorcist is in SS 22, that just ain't happening in that soundstage. An' it's already been confirmed TWD is sharing a

An' before anyone goes "But it needs to be cold", this wouldn't be the first time where HHN had a house with a winter/arctic theme that wasn't physically cold.
This wouldn't be the 1st time? Name me a winter/arctic theme house in modern HHN times that was put in a tent.

This wouldn't be the 1st time? Name me a winter/arctic theme house in modern HHN times that was put in a tent.
At least read the rest of the sentence. He said cold. The point being they've only made a house intentional cold to match its theme ONCE. They've had at least three snowy houses, plus one with "cold" actually in the title, and they've cranked the thermostat once.