Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly don't hate the Purge, I actually like it! Why do you guys have so much hate for it, at least it is better than TWD....

I actually like it a lot too. Sure, it got short shrift last year due to being a last minute addition, but the scarezone the year before was pretty great.

The thing I like about it, is that it allows for some pretty good creativity, and unique character designs.

You want a giant furry bear with a buzz saw? You can fit that in there (and they actually did in the latest movie).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I actually like it a lot too. Sure, it got short shrift last year due to being a last minute addition, but the scarezone the year before was pretty great.

The thing I like about it, is that it allows for some pretty good creativity, and unique character designs.

You want a giant furry bear with a buzz saw? You can fit that in there (and they actually did in the latest movie).
HHN BEAR!!!!

HHN BEAR!!!!

Will he be friend or foe this year?

I honestly don't hate the Purge, I actually like it! Why do you guys have so much hate for it, at least it is better than TWD....

I hate the first film, due to many reasons. I love the second, as it was what I was imagining. Haven't seen the third though..

I do imagine that USH will have The Purge as a Scarezone..not sure about Orlando.

Reactions: RevFreako
I hate the first film, due to many reasons. I love the second, as it was what I was imagining. Haven't seen the third though..

I do imagine that USH will have The Purge as a Scarezone..not sure about Orlando.

The third film is pretty much a continuation of the themes of the second one. It fits more cohesively with the overarching political commentary of the second one. I like the first one for what it was, it just doesn't fit well with the direction that the series went into.

I could see The Purge returning to both parks as a scare zone. Easy to reuse props from past years but still give it a refreshed feel! However I wouldn't be a fan of another house. I would love Conjuring back I know that's not happening this year. That Demon Nun would be perfect

I could see The Purge returning to both parks as a scare zone. Easy to reuse props from past years but still give it a refreshed feel! However I wouldn't be a fan of another house. I would love Conjuring back I know that's not happening this year. That Demon Nun would be perfect

The Nun is actually supposed to get her own spin-off, and it sounds like she might tie into Annabelle 2 as well (from the director of Lights Out).

I think a decent size house walking you through the first two Conjuring and both Annabelle movies, using the Nun to tie it all together, would be pretty sweet.

Just from the trailers alone, the new Purge has some outstanding costume design that I would love to see roaming the streets in a scarezone. With it being an election year, it makes sense to have the Purge back with it's election and twisted american themed costumes. That light up Statue of Liberty crown looks awesome. Having a guy with a giant Abe Lincoln mask with a giant axe would be be creepy yet funny. The "five nights at freddy's" looking costumes would be creepy to that are shown in the trailer. I feel like the Purge works best as a SZ and can really be a standout simply because of costumes. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Just from the trailers alone, the new Purge has some outstanding costume design that I would love to see roaming the streets in a scarezone. With it being an election year, it makes sense to have the Purge back with it's election and twisted american themed costumes. That light up Statue of Liberty crown looks awesome. Having a guy with a giant Abe Lincoln mask with a giant axe would be be creepy yet funny. The "five nights at freddy's" looking costumes would be creepy to that are shown in the trailer. I feel like the Purge works best as a SZ and can really be a standout simply because of costumes. Will be interesting to see what happens.
No five nights at Freddy's, please, for the love of all that is Holy.

For those who missed this:
"FX Networks is heading to Comic-Con with FXhibition, which it calls a “visually arresting, one-of-a-kind interactive art space” featuring the American Horror Story Fearless VR Experience (and other stuff). The events are set for July 21-24 at San Diego’s Hilton Bayfront Park. AHS will curate a virtual reality experience that takes participants through encounters inspired by the creepshow anthology series. The AHS Fearless VR Experience will let fans become a part of the show and test the boundaries of their own fear."

It would be amusing if the VR Experience was similar to the walkthrough we might get.

So with that taking place at Comic Con next week, the assumption is that if AHS is in fact happening we'll know next Thurs. or Fri. I guess the chances of Krampus being announced next are a bit slimmer.

I was thinking about how they might try and tie all of the houses into Chance as the icon (which according to Mike, they do plan on doing to some extent.) I came up with what I think is a pretty strong connection.

Let's examine some of the overall themes for the houses as we currently know them:

-Texas Chainsaw: A loving family that gets together for dinner. Sure, they're a hillbilly cannibal family, but they're a loving family none the less.

-Exorcist: A loving mother and daughter are tormented by a demon.

-Halloween: A brother comes home to search for his long lost sister.

-Krampus (rumored): A family gathers for a Christmas celebration.

-The Walking Dead: Uh...Rick really loves Carl? This one's a bit of a stretch, but there are ways to work it in.

-American Horror Story: This one is the oddity. Very little is known about season 6 right now, but there are heavy rumors that it will center around children. So, there may be something there.
As for the originals, since Universal is creating them, it's easy to work some sort of connection in to each one of those.

Do we all see where I'm going with this? There are a lot of family ties in there.

So. Where does that lead us?

Here's what I'm thinking...

Chance has a lot of time to sit and dwell on things in the prison/asylum. Enough time that she's created her own "theater of the mind" to help her escape her situation. However, some of her subconscious is leaking in and messing with her prefect world. Namely, her deep seeded family issues.

Just a theory on a week where it seems we won't be getting an announcement. Thoughts?

Reactions: Cole and traveller