Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

I think The Ring might be a little too abstract for a house.
Yeah, The Ring wouldn't work unless the sequel coming out in April has enough to combine the two movies. Hellraiser has a lot to work with (both the original and sequels) and Lambs would work as well.

It's pretty weird that none of the movies in All Nite Die-In 2 have become a house yet. We came close with Scream (and hopefully they try again when the show ends) but have yet to have Hellraiser, Silence of the Lambs, or The Ring.

I doubt we'll ever see Scream for the foreseeable future. :lol:

It's not going to be at IOA, specifically because of the new rides opening, but not because of the lands already present. If it would to occur at IOA it is easy to bypass WWoHP during the event using the bridge and the already present themes make the experience even better for the right properties or original scare zone ideas.

What if Wednesdays become a weekly thing instead of later in the event and Mondays are only for later? This is assuming they even do Mondays outside of Halloween.

Here are some things from my subconscious. Eddie coming back at full force is already something the fans desperately want so I would be suprised if he wasn't featured in some capacity. Now I would say icon but from LT this year it looks like Bloody Mary is coming back for that spot, or it'll be creatures 2 because the comic book from creatures was presented there too (didn't experience LT so take what I say as a grain of salt). For IPs, the only one I can see right now coming is crimson peak because GDT was insanely happy with hollywood's version and it would make a killer house. I don't see the walking dead returning due to the critical failure and apparently marketing isn't forcing it on them anymore. With that all being said, I seriously can't wait to speculate with you all again this entire year. Had so much fun speculating 24 and 25 with you all that I'm so pumped to share opinions, spitball and deceiver clues all over again. Here's to 26 :cheers:

Here are some things from my subconscious. Eddie coming back at full force is already something the fans desperately want so I would be suprised if he wasn't featured in some capacity. Now I would say icon but from LT this year it looks like Bloody Mary is coming back for that spot, or it'll be creatures 2 because the comic book from creatures was presented there too (didn't experience LT so take what I say as a grain of salt). For IPs, the only one I can see right now coming is crimson peak because GDT was insanely happy with hollywood's version and it would make a killer house. I don't see the walking dead returning due to the critical failure and apparently marketing isn't forcing it on them anymore. With that all being said, I seriously can't wait to speculate with you all again this entire year. Had so much fun speculating 24 and 25 with you all that I'm so pumped to share opinions, spitball and deceiver clues all over again. Here's to 26 :cheers:
Crimson Peak is a box office disappointment, I highly doubt we get it unless it becomes a cult movie.

Crimson Peak is a box office disappointment, I highly doubt we get it unless it becomes a cult movie.
Which won't happen (at least by HHN26) as it takes time for movies to become cult movies by the very nature of failing at the box office. It takes time for people to discover the movie and then there's the question of if it's good enough to become a cult favorite.

You never know, box office disappointments been in the event before and to have a creative consultant like del toro to be apart of something like this would be insane. I don't think it'll happen but with its success in hollywood and HHNs tendency to take successes and bring them to orlando. It's not impossible

You never know, box office disappointments been in the event before and to have a creative consultant like del toro to be apart of something like this would be insane. I don't think it'll happen but with its success in hollywood and HHNs tendency to take successes and bring them to orlando. It's not impossible

You have to remember that Johns been trying to work with GDT for years, and this year was really the only opening for it. Its probably not going to happen, especially considering they can go for more better IPs and stories to work on.

Last three years have seen a "classic horror movie" house (including FvJ because it was largely a tribute to the original Ft13 and NoES films). Hoping that trend continues--Exorcist or anything Stephen King seems a good bet.

Lack of any reference to fan-favorite Catacombs this year makes me wonder if they already had an idea to bring it back next year.

I suspect we get another icon. TWD feels played out, no other IP seems likely to take its place any time soon. That said, I think they realize Jack works best with a couple years between appearances. I'd be happy with Eddie or Caretaker, but come on, secretly hoping for H.R. Bloodengutz.

I know American Horror Story has been mentioned in the past and then the opening scene in this year's Hotel was two girls being psyched to visit USH.

I do not know if the IP owner is hard to work with, but what if they wanted a multi year deal but did not want to share the spotlight with another property (WD).

This is all speculation on my part, but maybe they liked having an IP locked up for multiple tears and it does seem like a TV series that I feel could inspire a good three year's worth of houses.

Anyway, this is just me speculating on it being possible for another TV series to show up for multiple years...me, I think I would enjoy seeing them use some of the many characters Grimm has brought to TV.

I believe there was some speculation that there may be one repeat house each year from now on in order to make it easier to retain nine houses. If that is truly the case, I would love to see Monsters & Mayhem return, in particular if there was any truth to the rumor that scenes were cut at the end of the house due to reallocated budget for retheming Scream. I would be very much interested in seeing those scenes restored.