Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe there was some speculation that there may be one repeat house each year from now on in order to make it easier to retain nine houses. If that is truly the case, I would love to see Monsters & Mayhem return, in particular if there was any truth to the rumor that scenes were cut at the end of the house due to reallocated budget for retheming Scream. I would be very much interested in seeing those scenes restored.
Too soon for M&M to return. IMO, there should be some built up nostalgia for it, not just bring it back the next year. This was one of the things that took away from AWIL's return.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Reminder: Crimson Peak isn't a horror movie. It doesn't work as a haunt the same reason The Walking Dead doesn't.

This coming from someone who really adores the film.

It isn't really a horror movie but it rocked in hollywood, your right Alex I'm just a wishful thinker lol. I seriously hope GDT gives them more rights to his films. Fingers crossed for pans labrynth. I don't think anything from this year will return the next. I think they learned something with AWIL and to just wait a bit before throwing houses back in the ring. It's pretty much known there are gonna be sequels to houses this year so that's probably gonna be our only thing close to a repeat

Too soon for M&M to return. IMO, there should be some built up nostalgia for it, not just bring it back the next year. This was one of the things that took away from AWIL's return.

Agreed. Any of the amazing 2011 houses should feel fresh again by next year, tho, just throwing it out there. Would also be new to a lot of guests.

I think after AWiL we probably won't see any repeat houses. I could see some repeats in the form of following the model of Monsters & Mayhem. They could pair up some recent houses. Imagine a best of horror icons: Halloween, AvP and Freddy vs. Jason!

My predictions that I think will actually happen:

1) 2 parks. Unless all the whispers are wrong (possible) KidZone and the surrounding area will be unusable for next year's Horror Nights. Add in the fact that part of NY will be a construction zone that will affect walkways and queues, I think it's just going to be a necessity whether they want it or not. There's just not going to be anywhere to put people. If this is the case, I'm willing to bet the Hogwarts Express is up and running.

2) 10 houses. We'll get a technical uptick in houses, though only because instead of a megahouse we'll get 2 houses in that space.

3) 5 originals/5 IPs.

4) An icon.

5) Major changes to the FFP structure.

6) The icon show will return

My wishes:

1) H.R. Bloodngutz for an icon.

2) Nightingales prequel set in the American Revolution or Civil War

3) A Legendary Truth upcharge house. I wanted to do Legendary Truth, but I didn't want to waste 90+ minutes the last night waiting for a return time. Run it through the entire event and charge to do it. I'll pay.

EDIT: Also, Hellraiser is a garbage horror franchise. We can do better than Hellraiser.

EDIT: Also, Hellraiser is a garbage horror franchise. We can do better than Hellraiser.

banhammer.jpg

I'm willing to bet the Hogwarts Express is up and running.
I don't want to see this happen. With the type of crowd HHN attracts if you put small groups of people in a private cabin in a train with the perception that no one can see them they will undoubtably destroy all that great theming and all kinds of terrible stuff will happen.

This was on an open public street, just imagine what would be going on in those cars!
vmtXgtXl.jpg

I don't want to see this happen. With the type of crowd HHN attracts if you put small groups of people in a private cabin in a train with the perception that no one can see them they will undoubtably destroy all that great theming and all kinds of terrible stuff will happen.

This was on an open public street, just imagine what would be going on in those cars!
vmtXgtXl.jpg
Maybe they should have sobriety tests before you board :lol:

I guess Drew isn't the only one who likes terrible things.

In all reality, I'd consider Pinhead a 2nd tier horror icon. The first 2 movies were pretty decent until they started going the way of crap. The Friday the 13th Series and Nightmare series aren't exactly filled with great films. :lol:

And what happened to all the "crappy IP does not equal crappy attraction" talk?

Dead Silence wasn't a stellar IP but a great house.

People said the same thing about the cabins when the ride first opened pertaining to regular day guests, and everything is fine. They said the same thing about opening Diagon during the even this year, and, as far as I know, there was no wanton acts of distruction going on.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In all reality, I'd consider Pinhead a 2nd tier horror icon. The first 2 movies were pretty decent until they started going the way of crap. The Friday the 13th Series and Nightmare series aren't exactly filled with great films. :lol:

This is going to get into movie talk, but I wouldn't call any of the Hellraisers anything better than bad. Nightmare, Friday, and Halloween all have a few films that are legitimately great in their catalogue.

And what happened to all the "crappy IP does not equal crappy attraction" talk?

I want good stuff at my Horror Nights, dang it! I've suffered through 4 years of Walking Dead! I will not suffer Hellraiser!

Dead Silence wasn't a steller IP but a great house.

Dead Silence was an infinitely better movie than all the Hellraisers put together. :tongue:

This is going to get into movie talk, but I wouldn't call any of the Hellraisers anything better than bad. Nightmare, Friday, and Halloween all have a few films that are legitimately great in their catalogue.

I want good stuff at my Horror Nights, dang it! I've suffered through 4 years of Walking Dead! I will not suffer Hellraiser!

Dead Silence was an infinitely better movie than all the Hellraisers put together. :tongue:

Hellraiser%20Deader%20pinhead%20%28350x236%29.jpg

People said the same thing about the cabins when the ride first opened pertaining to regular day guests, and everything is fine. They said the same thing about opening Diagon during the even this year, and, as far as I know, there was no wanton acts of distruction going on.
There's actually a somewhat legit sex problem with the Express--you'll notice they're pretty careful about who they group together in rooms. I can only imagine that issue would be multiplied tenfold during HHN, especially the later it gets.

Also I do really dislike the Hellraiser movies but I cant lie, it has potential to be a great house.

Reactions: Cole
Either a pricing change (major increase), new pricing tiers with Sunday taken out of the ticket (FFP, FFP+Friday, FFP+Sunday, FFP+Friday+Sunday), or something else.
I don't see that happening, but I could see them swapping out some peak Sundays for some non peak Saturdays. It seems very apparent that Universal wants the FFP guests there as much as possible.

Yeah I agree about the regular guests not being much of a problem, and if there's 2 parks I would like to see it open but HHN is just a different type of crowd. Even if it's not as bad as I think it would be it would still be very bad.

Yeah I agree about the regular guests not being much of a problem, and if there's 2 parks I would like to see it open but HHN is just a different type of crowd. Even if it's not as bad as I think it would be it would still be very bad.

:shrug: I'll take some stuff that can be fixed getting damaged over having the option to not have to constantly walk back and forth.