Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Now just a word of caution about house videos being posted, I have to say this since Orlando is inconsistant when it comes to this sort of thing.

There have been years where media was only allowed to post a couple walkthroughs of their choice, and it was less of a full walkthrough, and more of a "highlight reel". However there's been years or two where they were allowed to post full walkthroughs of all the houses. But because they haven't been consistant on what the media is allowed to post each year, don't be dissapointed if it's more of a highlight reel instead of a full walkthrough.

Now considering HHNO themselves posted a nightvision walkthrough of Scarecrow tonight, that may bode well for the media videos this year, but we have to wait and see.

I understand that it's highlight reel thing. I've never been able to go to the Orlando resort, but I can generally get a good feel for all the scenes from the highlight reels anyways, so I think they're enough.

That being said, I'm very happy that the Cabin in the Woods video was uploaded. That was the only one where I really wanted a full walkthrough of.

They basically just blow air down at you to cause a distraction just long enough that you'll be caught off guard by a scareactor close-by. At least that's the intent when it works right.
ah i see, i thought it triggers a prop or something, anyway the maze has honestly good effects and good actors, though the time in some of the traps just say 0 and never move,

On another note, maybe I had expectations too high, but I did not enjoy The Fallen nearly as much as I thought I would. The facade was majestic and the atmosphere was wonderful, but the scares were virtually non-existent. Left me feeling more than a bit let down. I enjoyed Hive more if i'm being honest.

On another note, maybe I had expectations too high, but I did not enjoy The Fallen nearly as much as I thought I would. The facade was majestic and the atmosphere was wonderful, but the scares were virtually non-existent. Left me feeling more than a bit let down. I enjoyed Hive more if i'm being honest.
and there wasn't any angels in the fallen only demons, it told us there would be a battle but we got none

Think you had bad timing. Got good stuff outta Fallen. HIVE was super generic IMO.

On the topic of possibly controversial opinions, Blumhouse really wasn't as bad as was made out IMO.

Think you had bad timing. Got good stuff outta Fallen. HIVE was super generic IMO.

On the topic of possibly controversial opinions, Blumhouse really wasn't as bad as was made out IMO.
I definitely didn't come in during a cast change as I was one of the last people through the house, but maybe I just had bad timing like you said.

And I agree that Blumhouse, while disjointed, actually has a lot of great scares throughout the house. The house does suffer from identity crisis though. It's like it wants to be Insidious so bad but Purge and Sinister forced their way in.

Some notes on last night. Ops inside the houses seemed unobtrusive which is nice. The lines at peak were pretty evenlysplit and never got super bad, granted it's opening night and I would say the ratio of general public is lower. I love the move of the entrance to the tent 1 house along with blocking Bill and red from looping at MiB, it makes it flow better. Originals are the highlights this year! I really wish going forward we got like a tv show house, new movie, old movie then the rest original. Also festival of the deadliest looks like a drab, incomplete mess.