Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How were crowds last night? I was watching the app and I'm thinking they weren't updating the wait times on it very well because it seemed like low crowds until about 8-830.

How were crowds last night? I was watching the app and I'm thinking they weren't updating the wait times on it very well because it seemed like low crowds until about 8-830.

Its been low all last week. I went Sunday, Wed and Thursday and only saw like 1 hour waits during peak hours. I'm used to seeing 120+ waits on the boards.

Maybe the 9th house helps alleviate the crowds.

no, it is not about the 9th house, lines have been shorter this year
They also seem a lot more even. There really isn’t anything that stands out with significantly higher wait times or lower wait times. When everything gets to the 45 minutes to hour range everything seems to be close to that. With the exception of Ash vs. Evil Dead, which probably has to do with it’s location mostly.

no, it is not about the 9th house, lines have been shorter this year

Given that the 9th house struggles to keep a 5 minute wait time on busy nights, agreed, seems a non-entity. Which means wait times are down even with one less house.

Throw in the situation at Food & Wine--CM discounts last week, AP seating added today--and the lack of a noticeable Fall Break bump this year, guessing not a strong Autumn in Orlando. Too soon to know what to make of that.

Given that the 9th house struggles to keep a 5 minute wait time on busy nights, agreed, seems a non-entity. Which means wait times are down even with one less house.

Throw in the situation at Food & Wine--CM discounts last week, AP seating added today--and the lack of a noticeable Fall Break bump this year, guessing not a strong Autumn in Orlando. Too soon to know what to make of that.

The flip side to that is that maybe crowds have spread out now? There's maybe 1-2 nights of low crowds this year, especially early on in the event.

On the regular park hours flip side, and I realize that line times are not always an indicator of true attendance, the daily day time crowd levels at both WDW and Universal are either equal to (or often above) the projected crowd levels on Touring Plans (since the week after Irma) for late Sept. & October to date. Very few days have fallen under the projected crowd levels, usually they've been higher.

The flip side to that is that maybe crowds have spread out now? There's maybe 1-2 nights of low crowds this year, especially early on in the event.

Possibly. Except I still don't believe anyone those opening weeks has a 1-night ticket (other than Platinum APs with a free one).

Reactions: Brian G.
I’d be curious about the overall numbers this year and the ticket purchases. There are a lot of variables that could impact the crowds (better crowd flow, more nights, weaker IPs, weather). If there’s any decrease from the last couple of years, they may have hit saturation.

So, any ideas about what the competition on Friday will be like? Any tips on how to prepare? I figured reading the backstories on all the houses would be good.

@Brian G. @Legacy or anyone else heard anything? I'd like to make it pretty far in the competition but I do have to say, I'm pretty terrible at riddles.

tagging @sjago13 and @s8film40 as they're going too

Reactions: s8film40
So, any ideas about what the competition on Friday will be like? Any tips on how to prepare? I figured reading the backstories on all the houses would be good.

@Brian G. @Legacy or anyone else heard anything? I'd like to make it pretty far in the competition but I do have to say, I'm pretty terrible at riddles.

I have no clue. Haven’t asked. Haven’t cared to.

Reactions: Joel

Yea, sorry. I am in the dark, too. :lol:

Reactions: Joel