Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You figured it out. Now here's my thought process.

It's not a traditional zone, whatever it is, because all the traditional locations have their spots coded. This is something different.

I see it going two ways.

It was coded the way it was because it looks like tool/prop that will be carried around by whoever is there. OR

It's a main draw... a weenie... something to grab you and reel you in... an icon... a...

IDK how realistic it would be logistically, but maybe a mini parade type thing? Their intent is to draw people in and lead them around to help spread out crowds to lower populated areas?

Just a thought, and it could tie in with the elite soul collector group.

Are you still under the impression that there may be two branded IP scarezones?
I'm not really sure how I can answer that without giving it away.

No to two branded IP zones. At least, nothing confirmed to make me say yes.
Kinda if you take out the qualifier you gave me.

EDIT - Figured I should answer this too.

In a Creative way? Or, in a "How in the how would they do that" sort of way?
More in a, "Really? They're doing that?" sort of way.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure how I can answer that without giving it away.

No to two branded IP zones. At least, nothing confirmed to make me say yes.
Kinda if you take out the qualifier you gave me.

EDIT - Figured I should answer this too.

More in a, "Really? They're doing that?" sort of way.
How is everyone figuring these things out. I am just here super confused. I still have no clue to what scare zones and houses are coming.

Reactions: Porkchop
How is everyone figuring these things out. I am just here super confused. I still have no clue to what scare zones and houses are coming.

Well, some people are "in the know" more than others, with Legacy seemingly being the most.

Reactions: Thiago
Well, some people are "in the know" more than others, with Legacy seemingly being the most.
There's plenty that know. I'm just one of the most vocal about it. Call it arrogance or boredom, but since I don't attend talking about it is the best I get.

How people "figure it out" is... a process. It always has been (except when a list with everything leaks/gets posted). I'll try to avoid making broad proclamations about what is coming. I won't just list stuff that isn't coded in some way.

Someone else should post the current list of expected houses/streets. The more details I get, the more inaccurate parts of it become. I'm in a weird hole right now where I can post what everyone expects and be wrong or reveal what I know and do what I hate doing.

*shrug*

I call it like I see it.

The houses all sound REALLY strong. Like... top-flight. Especially the originals.

That excites me. Now if Universal would just hurry up and open up some FL resident rates for the deluxe hotels, I can book my trip already. Going to buy my ROF express soon too. Icon or no icon, I think this year should be better than last year.

*shrug*

I call it like I see it.

The houses all sound REALLY strong. Like... top-flight. Especially the originals.

I jest! I have my ROF anyway so I'm committed now regardless.

I haven't been since HHN25 (live in Scotland) so my standards are set against that. I just hope the SZ aren't similar to HHN23 where they all carry too much of the same theme. Whilst TWD is popular, I just felt it shut off a segment of the HHN fan base who weren't wild for TWD.

So the chat of no icon, and the streets is making me slightly nervous that it won't meet expectations!

Reactions: JoeCamel
So the chat of no icon, and the streets is making me slightly nervous that it won't meet expectations!
I've seen a lot of discussion about fans' "concern" with the possibility of no icon at the event. I want to take my rumor-monger hat off and put my fan hat on.

I've attended six HHNs: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011. Five of those years had icons. My FAVORITE year, personally, was 2004. That year didn't have an icon.

Prior to attending, I obsessed over the event. This was before the internet when I all I had to go was Orlando Sentinel's Friday Calendar that was released the week before opening. They would do a huge eight page spread on the event every year. Most of those years didn't have icons.

Aside from Screamhouse (which I was cast in, so I'm biased), none of my top ten favorite houses are icon houses. None of my favorite streets are icon streets. Within the context of the experience, icons are completely unnecessary. They're fun. When used correctly they can extend fan interests beyond the few hours they're at the event. But unless an attendee is sore about the lack of an icon, they'll never even notice an icon isn't there once they walk through the gates.

The houses, like I said, sound really strong. The streets, I don't know enough details to really assume much. They just sound odd, more than anything.

And side note to anyone who has been doing this (not you, EllTee. Others...) - Marketing has been the predominant developer of "themes" and HHN campaigns since at least 2011. They decided/agreed to use Jack for the 25th. They decided to use Chance. A&D hasn't run that side of things for a while. Pitting those two departments against each other is just naive.