Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Judging by the POVs, Shining looks far better than Exorcist. Not only is there more to work with but didn't they experience budget cuts when building Exorcist (the black hallway with pool noodles)?

I just wanted to say that I have a new respect for The AoV troupe. That stuff really is not my thing, but last year, I recall walking past them while a show was on and some of the folks in the upper area of the stage were just sort of talking to guest while they were performing, it just seemed that they enjoy people and enjoy what they do.

Last night, they were still on the temp stage, they stated with '10 minutes brought to you by Irma', they really seemed to adopt, make do with what they had to work with, and then just do their dangest to entertain, they really seem dedicated to their work.

I assume Sun, Wed and Thu nights are less crowded than Fri and Sat? Reason I ask is because those are the nights for which my FFP is good.

A lot of variables--the biggest usually which local schools are out the next day as we head into Fall Break season--but in the past few years Sunday just as crowded as any other night. Friday is usually just moderately crowded, and in fact pretty quiet until around 8:30 (free parking kicks in at 8:00, surprising number of people wait for that). Wednesday and Thursday are variable--again, school schedules play a huge role, but it seems somewhat random as well. Can be slow, can be slammed, tho usually clear out a bit after 11.

A lot of variables--the biggest usually which local schools are out the next day as we head into Fall Break season--but in the past few years Sunday just as crowded as any other night. Friday is usually just moderately crowded, and in fact pretty quiet until around 8:30 (free parking kicks in at 8:00, surprising number of people wait for that). Wednesday and Thursday are variable--again, school schedules play a huge role, but it seems somewhat random as well. Can be slow, can be slammed, tho usually clear out a bit after 11.

A good indicator of suspected crowd levels is the price of express passes.

If you check on the site, the nights where express is priced lower are ones where Uni expects crowds to be smaller.

Anyone know what the story was behind lat night's power outage it pretty much knocked out power to 3 houses Springfield and Kidzone?

Judging by the POVs, Shining looks far better than Exorcist. Not only is there more to work with but didn't they experience budget cuts when building Exorcist (the black hallway with pool noodles)?
Funny you should say that because that hall scared the crap out of me! It was the darkest room I've been through at HHN and I kept expecting Pazuzu faces to flash in front of me. But I agree the Shining looks incredible!

A good indicator of suspected crowd levels is the price of express passes.

If you check on the site, the nights where express is priced lower are ones where Uni expects crowds to be smaller.

But don't they always charge more on SAT just because it is a SAT?

Anyone know what the story was behind lat night's power outage it pretty much knocked out power to 3 houses Springfield and Kidzone?

how long was power out for?

I assume it was out the rest of the night. MIB had a manual wait time sign, but things, save Kong when I went by a bit ago seem to work.

Edit, saw something in the Sentnel where they posted a FB that went something like...haven't been to UNI in 14 years, came to HHN, got Express, where is my refund?

Do they only like Disney?

Last edited:
Just checked into my room at Royal Pacific. Got my ROF express pass ready for tonight. Is anyone going tonight?

I'm here for a couple of days, with the family as well as my wife's friend...so I guess that makes me a little anti social.

Everyone is napping, I'm just waiting to see if the rain has cleared out, it looks/feels to be around, but I seem to keep missing it.

I imagine we will have dinner before we go, hopefully we will get a lot done tonight...we just need to avoid or wait until the passholder event folks leave I think.

I imagine Scarecrow and AHS are the longest waits...no need to try for Scarecrow early as I imagine it is a passholder event house.

Waits right now per the app (6:30):

AHS: 70
Blumhouse: 20
The Shining: 15
The Fallen: 10
Hive: 10
Saw: 10
Scarecrow: 10
Ash: 5

Dead Waters currently says "Opens at 6:00", so is it down?

how long was power out for?

But don't they always charge more on SAT just because it is a SAT?

I assume it was out the rest of the night. MIB had a manual wait time sign, but things, save Kong when I went by a bit ago seem to work.

Edit, saw something in the Sentnel where they posted a FB that went something like...haven't been to UNI in 14 years, came to HHN, got Express, where is my refund?

Do they only like Disney?
Power never came back last night.