Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 291 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They'll announce what they think will get the biggest pop with the MSS crowd.

Which is an interesting debate

On the one hand we have “Poltergeist” which is a horror classic. MSS crowds like their classics as evidenced by presentations on “Are You Afraid of the Dark”, “Hocus Pocus”, “Twilight Zone Tower of Terror”, and guests like Cassandra Petersen and Kane Hodder.

Then we have Blumhouse which was one of the best received Hollywood houses last year. While it does not have the classic IP status, it was a big hit, drew huge lines, and most West coast people love the property. Announcing Blumhouse with both teams there would also give them a chance to announce different IPs in the house for each coast, thus it advertises Orlando as well as Hollywood.

Then there’s the elephant in the room that is Feature. This would probably be a popular pick, but much like “Poltergeist” would give Orlando little to do as far as input. I mean, they could use the common company lines of “We approached this as a team” or “We collaborated”, but that will probably not come through in the final product. Each coast is VASTLY different from a set/quality standpoint and every house they “collaborate” on looks nothing like the other coast’s interpretation

Does anyone have a few predictions of scareactor roles/characters in the Poltergeist house ?

Clown, Stilt Tree, Lion Puppet, Giant Skull puppet, Skeletons in the pool, Kane, Tangina, maybe the Mom, Maggot monster from 2, the son who gets attached by braces in two, and the guy who gets his face ripped off in 1. Probably more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head

Corpse 1
Corpse 2
Skeleton
Corpse 3
Ghost 1
Ghost 2
Tree...

And this is ONLY the first movie. People should stop expecting obvious aspects from the sequels.

So this house is getting the AWiL & Halloween(24) treatment? That’ll be awesome. How are they gonna do the ghosts though? IIRC in the movie they’re sort of like projection looking

Paint a scareactor white.

LOL.

I wonder if we'll see the stretching hallway, and how many times we'll pass through the living room.

I feel like we'll see each family member and ghost hunting team represented atleast once.

So this house is getting the AWiL & Halloween(24) treatment? That’ll be awesome. How are they gonna do the ghosts though? IIRC in the movie they’re sort of like projection looking
They could also do the scrim wall like in Wyandotte Estate. Some of the ghosts look pretty solid and large too.. Would make great use of puppetry or stilt actors or both. I'm actually really looking forward to this now. I was skeptical at first but I forgot there is a decent amount to go off of.

Reactions: horrornights789
They could also do the scrim wall like in Wyandotte Estate. Some of the ghosts look pretty solid and large too.. Would make great use of puppetry or stilt actors or both. I'm actually really looking forward to this now. I was skeptical at first but I forgot there is a decent amount to go off of.

Same. When Poltergeist was first brought up I didn’t know what they could use but after I rewatched it there’s a ton of material and opportunities for cool effects. Hopefully they’ll have the rights to some of the characters(specifically the ghostbusters) since they would make easy one off scares

Same. When Poltergeist was first brought up I didn’t know what they could use but after I rewatched it there’s a ton of material and opportunities for cool effects. Hopefully they’ll have the rights to some of the characters(specifically the ghostbusters) since they would make easy one off scares

Does the term “one-off scares” refer to when characters other than the main antagonists go for startles ?