Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal might as well cancel their panel. Going on after Warner Brothers' "Horror Made Here" is going to be embarrassing.

Honestly though if Poltergeist isn’t going to be announced it’s gonna be sad(I do love TrT though). I still think Orlando’s lineup sounds better but if WB’s event is a smash hit they’re gonna give Universal a run for their money. They said they’re looking at Lost Boys and The Shining for future years

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
My friend and I are at MSS and we talked with the PR person; she says no announcements are planned. Unless it’s a double blind, I would not expect anything more than T’rT details
I am not complaining, but for all the making a deal of how there was this meeting of the minds, etc..it just seems like a lost opportunity to make a big splash and build some momentum coming into the home stretch. Thanks for looking into that with you friend. I guess, I will finish Luke Cage tonight. He!

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
can’t wait for the conjuring announcement today!

EDIT - And I'm getting more info that keeps changing my most anticipated list...

Meteor
Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Seriously, the names this year are on point. Vast improvement. This was one of the houses I first started hearing about; specifically that it would be built almost entirely out of props and curtains. It should give it a very "open" and organic feeling that they have never done before. The big question will be, does it actually "work."
Surprise
Coach
Trick R Treat - There's a couple of fantastic set-pieces at the tale end of this, but I feel like other segments of the movie aren't really getting their due. It'll be a quality house. I'm just not as intrigued by it as what's above it.
Slaughter Sinema - Despite the fantastic name and fun concept, this suffers from humor. I am not, and never really will be, a fan of comedy houses. Even though they are decidedly striving to be not funny with this house, it's going to be funny. It's a personal taste thing.
Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - We've seen this all before. Audio selection should be fun though, especially in the first scene.
Stranger Things - This, in theory, should be higher. It's not for a reason. I've seen a lot of it and... creative differences.
Poison
Feature

Last edited:
EDIT - And I'm getting more info that keeps changing my most anticipated list...

Meteor
Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Seriously, the names this year are on point. Vast improvement. This was one of the houses I first started hearing about; specifically that it would be built almost entirely out of props and curtains. It should give it a very "open" and organic feeling that they have never done before. The big question will be, does it actually "work."
Surprise
Coach
Trick R Treat - There's a couple of fantastic set-pieces at the tale end of this, but I feel like other segments of the movie aren't really getting their due. It'll be a quality house. I'm just not as intrigued by it as what's above it.
Slaughter Sinema - Despite the fantastic name and fun concept, this suffers from humor. I am not, and never really will be, a fan of comedy houses. Even though they are decidedly striving to be not funny with this house, it's going to be funny. It's a personal taste thing.
Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - We've seen this all before. Audio selection should be fun though, especially in the first scene.
Stranger Things - This, in theory, should be higher. It's not for a reason. I've seen a lot of it and... creative differences.
Poison
Feature

Poison dropped all the way down that far?? Is Oz gonna be more of the same as what it was from 18?

Reactions: JMalez

Meteor
Surprise
Coach
Poison
Feature

uh oh what happened to poison

@Legacy You said this over on HNN "I'll go ahead and confirm that Poltergeist is happening in 25. It's strictly the first movie, and doing some unexpected things."

Did you mean in set-design? characters? abstract approach? Can you elaborate? :)

If you look at the Horror Made Here website it essentially has many of the most sought properties that undoubtedly will be off the table for HHN now.
NoES, F13th, The Exorcist, IT, Conjuring universe, and the DC universe.
Add in all the non-maze IP materials including Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Mars Attacks, and :x:ing Beetlejuice.

That's gonna draw some serious attention, y'all. Lets hope this is a quality event, because this seems like WB is really trying to become a major player in the haunt scene.

EDIT - They have a Lost Boys arcade, too. This is code red.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
NoES, F13th, The Exorcist, IT, Conjuring universe, and the DC universe.
Add in all the non-maze IP materials including Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Mars Attacks, and :x:ing Beetlejuice.

That's gonna draw some serious attention, y'all. Lets hope this is a quality event, because this seems like WB is really trying to become a major player in the haunt scene.

EDIT - They have a Lost Boys arcade, too. This is code red.

Sweeney Todd was already a part of the event. ;)

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Well, gives them incentive to do more originals! That and rely on Blumhouse, and hope that Disney is open to licensing properties like Alien.

Seriously though, I’m quite worried about the AP parking rumors. I would be devastated and very, VERY angry if they’re true. When would they announce this?

Last edited:
maze treatment photo of trick r treat
Screenshot_2018-07-29_at_8.10.38_PM.png