Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Sounds like he's a real wimp.....oh, life is so hard when you're only making millions, not billions. ;)

Not to take this off topic but there's a real isolating and scary prospect when someone who has money, fame, and attention still feels alone and unfulfilled. I can only image what he must feel, especially when I was his age I was in a real depressive period of my life.

What's the option otherwise? Yeah it sucks they have to make people walk far but there's a full theme park that needs to run back there too.

Got me, Leaky is usually closed around that time during HHN.

No comment. ;)

why do they use that entrance for Trick R treat and not the front of that building like they used to?
that building where trick r treat is used to hold the houses in the front of it. whats the reason for the change?
the line was much nicer when it was done the other way, you just exited that way too. i miss that entrance so much

If the event is attracting significantly larger crowds and spending every year, it's reasonable to expect that Universal will increase the budget & expand their offerings. A second show, 10 houses, and more rides open, would be a reasonable expectation for 2019.
Horror Night’s budget gets cut every. Single. Year.

Sounds like he's a real wimp.....oh, life is so hard when you're only making millions, not billions. ;)

Not to take this off topic but there's a real isolating and scary prospect when someone who has money, fame, and attention still feels alone and unfulfilled. I can only image what he must feel, especially when I was his age I was in a real depressive period of my life.

"
This isn't the first time Justin has been seen getting emotional recently. In July, he was seen carrying self-help book The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God, weeks after he was spotted crying.

Explaining his emotional display alongside Hailey, Justin later told TMZ 'You got good days and you got bad days."

I’m gonna guess before long (maybe even next year?) HHN will run 7 Days a week ..

... Adding an 11th house, but shortening houses doesn’t really do much for logistics. We found out this year adding a house doesn’t do much for wait times. Need something more than that.

This is the conflict in a nutshell to me. I'm not convinced there's pent-up demand for stand-alone Monday night tickets. I think you just give the multi-night ticket holders another six or twelve nights to come on their $100 ticket. Meanwhile, the masses are still going to want to come on Saturday or the Thursday night school is out the next day and overwhelm the park.

At the end of the day, many nights you have 30 - 40k guests who want to see 10 E-tickets with surprisingly low hourly capacity. You either significantly increase that number of E-tickets--very difficult from a creative and staffing perspective as I've discussed before--or you get bring in fewer guests, and better get more money from them to make up your bottom line.

A final thought on RoF/FF. Orlando locals buy APs so they can go to a park whenever they want. They buy RoF/FF so they can go whenever possible.

[Theoretically Nick your plan could address this by adding all sorts of tiers of FF--a M - Th only, with Sundays and Fridays and Saturdays each an additional upgrade. But when you need a spreadsheet to explain pass options, it becomes too much. If the high end FF are going to be more expensive anyway, why not just offer the high end and skip the hassle of running 7 days?]

I kid you not though, a sold-out night I was able to do lots of things. Yeah it's a busy night, but if you can manage to get to the gates early (be one of the first in line) and then stay the entire course of the night, you can do nearly all the mazes. I was able to do Halloween, and all the back houses the first 2 hours of the event (ignored Blum). The last hour or so I was able to knock out all the soundstages (except Stranger Things, but it was plausible by jumping in line at 1:59). From 8-1 all I did was meander through the zones, eat and some rides.

Still, I felt like a sardine most of the time. lol

The biggest mistake to make on these forums is to assume the average guest has more than 2% of the information we do. Average 1-night ticket guest doesn't know about S&S, doesn't even know what the houses are if they weren't up on a billboard. But those are the ones Universal needs to worry about, because they are the ones who possibly won't be back next year. The smart-marks on this board, for all our complaining, will still be there Opening Night 2019.

If the event is attracting significantly larger crowds and spending every year, it's reasonable to expect that Universal will increase the budget & expand their offerings. A second show, 10 houses, and more rides open, would be a reasonable expectation for 2019.

A single show that pulled at the level B&T did would've helped this year. But again, B&T reached icon status over a decade ago. Good year, bad year, guests still were going to show up ... multiple times. You can throw Truck-zilla or some magicians who tour colleges in a venue, but if they don't pull a crowd, what's the point? Be like running Kang & Kodos with empty cars most of the night.

This is the conflict in a nutshell to me. I'm not convinced there's pent-up demand for stand-alone Monday night tickets. I think you just give the multi-night ticket holders another six or twelve nights to come on their $100 ticket. Meanwhile, the masses are still going to want to come on Saturday or the Thursday night school is out the next day and overwhelm the park.

At the end of the day, many nights you have 30 - 40k guests who want to see 10 E-tickets with surprisingly low hourly capacity. You either significantly increase that number of E-tickets--very difficult from a creative and staffing perspective as I've discussed before--or you get bring in fewer guests, and better get more money from them to make up your bottom line.

A final thought on RoF/FF. Orlando locals buy APs so they can go to a park whenever they want. They buy RoF/FF so they can go whenever possible.

[Theoretically Nick your plan could address this by adding all sorts of tiers of FF--a M - Th only, with Sundays and Fridays and Saturdays each an additional upgrade. But when you need a spreadsheet to explain pass options, it becomes too much. If the high end FF are going to be more expensive anyway, why not just offer the high end and skip the hassle of running 7 days?]

The biggest mistake to make on these forums is to assume the average guest has more than 2% of the information we do. Average 1-night ticket guest doesn't know about S&S, doesn't even know what the houses are if they weren't up on a billboard. But those are the ones Universal needs to worry about, because they are the ones who possibly won't be back next year. The smart-marks on this board, for all our complaining, will still be there Opening Night 2019.

A single show that pulled at the level B&T did would've helped this year. But again, B&T reached icon status over a decade ago. Good year, bad year, guests still were going to show up ... multiple times. You can throw Truck-zilla or some magicians who tour colleges in a venue, but if they don't pull a crowd, what's the point? Be like running Kang & Kodos with empty cars most of the night.

the biggest and busiest nights are saturday and friday.
two nights when regular frequent fear pass wont allow you in, they could cut sunday from FFP but i doubt it would do any difference

I agree there isn't enough demand for Monday's and Tuesday's. The event pulled in less than 20K on 10/30 (although that was a last minute addition sort of). Even then though, most of the people who came that day were either FFP or TMs (or a TM free guest).

How did Carnival Graveyard evolve over the event? It was my most anticipated, but Seeds went over the top for me

Not really. They changed the barrels and later on took away the water effect that sprayed people.
But i think it stayed the same. Cant think of changes

Last edited:
Something we noticed about our last Carnival Graveyard run through (last night, 11/2) was that they added a scareactor right next to the car that blows its horn and turns its headlights on (right before the love shack scene). Very unexpected and fun!

Curious if anything changed in Trick ‘r Treat for the last night.....heard a potential idea that could happen.

I wouldn't be the Orlando Villian if I was liked. Haha!

Plenty more for next year coming too.

I like you :cheers:

Something we noticed about our last Carnival Graveyard run through (last night, 11/2) was that they added a scareactor right next to the car that blows its horn and turns its headlights on (right before the love shack scene). Very unexpected and fun!

Curious if anything changed in Trick ‘r Treat for the last night.....heard a potential idea that could happen.

I think that actor was always there