Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Something we noticed about our last Carnival Graveyard run through (last night, 11/2) was that they added a scareactor right next to the car that blows its horn and turns its headlights on (right before the love shack scene). Very unexpected and fun!

Curious if anything changed in Trick ‘r Treat for the last night.....heard a potential idea that could happen.
Outside Sam animating?

Chucky had the benefit of the actors being able to create unique characters. I think Klowns probably deserved it, but I can understand the logic - since Chucky ended up outshining some strong zones.

Stranger Things I get...

Poltergeist was much more deserving from the outside, but there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff we aren't able to see when it comes to house ops. I'd imagine the heavy workload the actors had must have given them some HOTY points.

Tonight was decently busy. It's safe to say there are no more dead nights but we were able to get 7 houses done. We could've pushed for more, but we opted for last minute pics and zone experience - especially the last set of Klowns.

Just to bring up...

House of The Year: Stranger Things
Scarezone of The Year: Vamp 85: New Year's Eve
Not sure if this has been corrected, but Vamp did not win. Chucky did.

EDIT: I see it has.

As for why Klowns didn't win... it's not all about what happens on-set. If the management team and cast hate each other for the entire run, they aren't going to win. This may shock you all, but i'm fairly certain that The Harvest was runner-up for Street. Show direction loved it and they had virtually no issues on or off set and managed to make the zone work much better than what it's been used as in the past.

Last edited:
So, what exactly was the hint for in Carnival Graveyard? I saw the ticket window and the sign but I saw there was maybe going to be an scareactor in that window but it looks like nothing of the sort happened. The ticket window makes me think it's the Usher but everyone else seems to think it's Jack.

So, what exactly was the hint for in Carnival Graveyard? I saw the ticket window and the sign but I saw there was maybe going to be an scareactor in that window but it looks like nothing of the sort happened. The ticket window makes me think it's the Usher but everyone else seems to think it's Jack.

Talked to a lot of people and the consensus seems to be there was a plan to do *something* but it wasn't executed. Either this was chosen earlier in the event to not do it or a last minute thing. I'd rather have them play it safe than go "HERE'S EDDIE FOR NEXT YEAR JK JK IT'S NOT"

I remember going and the sign was knocked down on Friday. Don’t know if that actually means anything though, there was no one in the curtains.

Talked to a lot of people and the consensus seems to be there was a plan to do *something* but it wasn't executed. Either this was chosen earlier in the event to not do it or a last minute thing. I'd rather have them play it safe than go "HERE'S EDDIE FOR NEXT YEAR JK JK IT'S NOT"
Makes a lot of sense. Things change all the time when it comes to this event and it wouldn't be the smartest if they teased something and than couldn't go through with said thing.

HHN 29 is going to be a fun year operation-wise. If Kidzone finally closes, where do they the additional maze entrance? If Shrek closes, where do they put the 10th maze? If FFL closes, where do they stick a show?