Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As much as I want to see Alien and Predator have their own houses at HHN, its likely not possible, there could have been a time but now its not likely, I mean I'm thankful we at least got an VS house at 24, that was as good as we were going to get to see those two at HHN and in the same house.

And, if you really break down a lot of what Uni does, the vast majority of it isn’t “Halloween.” A good bit of it, at first blush, isn’t scary. It’s all in how it’s presented.

Very true. It could be argued that most of what they do is not "halloween" themed. Maskerade, Survive or Die, Lair of the Banshee, Invasion, even the Purge.. nothing to do with Halloween or "traditional horror" but made some pretty cool zones. I'm actually excited for Vikings now.

Very true. It could be argued that most of what they do is not "halloween" themed. Maskerade, Survive or Die, Lair of the Banshee, Invasion, even the Purge.. nothing to do with Halloween or "traditional horror" but made some pretty cool zones. I'm actually excited for Vikings now.
And looking at IPs. None of the “Big Three” (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface) slashers are Halloween-oriented. Alien. Child’s Play. Zombieland. House of Thousand Corpses. Creepshow. Pet Semetary. IT. Shining. Exorcist. Krampus.

Or favorite original houses. Body Collectors. Nightingales. Dollhouse of the Damned. Catacombs. Screamhouse. Psychoscarepy. Leave It To Cleaver. In-Between. Havoc.

I could literally name a hundred things Universal has done that aren’t “Halloween."

And looking at IPs. None of the “Big Three” (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface) slashers are Halloween-oriented. Alien. Child’s Play. Zombieland. House of Thousand Corpses. Creepshow. Pet Semetary. IT. Shining. Exorcist. Krampus.

Or favorite original houses. Body Collectors. Nightingales. Dollhouse of the Damned. Catacombs. Screamhouse. Psychoscarepy. Leave It To Cleaver. In-Between. Havoc.

I could literally name a hundred things Universal has done that aren’t “Halloween."

Havoc was amazing! Hades was great too. And kind of in the same realm as Vikings in the sense of fantasy/mythology. I really think Vikings will be good.

I wonder if the people complaining that Vikings aren’t Halloween are the same clamoring for Get Out every year.

For the record, I wasn't "complaining" - I was simply asking a question for perspective. In my mind, I wouldn't have ever been thinking.. hmmm, what would be really scary? Oh, I know! Vikings! No. So, I threw out the question. Could do without the attitude.

Reactions: n i c k

Fully agree.. but they are all horror.. "Vikings" aren't horror. I never should've used the phrase "it isn't really Halloween".. I should go back and say "horror"

Reactions: johnathanm
Fully agree.. but they are all horror.. "Vikings" aren't horror. I never should've used the phrase "it isn't really Halloween".. I should go back and say "horror"
You aren't thinking outside the box. Vikings are savage fat dudes with weapons who kill everything in sight, scarecrows aren't scary in nature but the maze made them terrifying. Vikings are a concept I'm surprised we haven't seen before on the event.

Anything can be horror depending on how you use the concept.

Case in point. Draugr (un-dead vikings) from God of War.

dela-longfish-draugr-01.jpg

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
"Toys" aren't horror. "Dolls" aren't horror. "Scarecrows" aren't horror. "Doctors" aren't horror. "Patients" aren't horror. "Plants" aren't horror. "Fairy Tales" aren't horror. "Hotels" aren't horror. "Children" aren't horror. "Schools" aren't horror. "Fish" aren't horror. "Cowboys" aren't horror. "Santa" isn't horror. "Clowns" (really) aren't horror. "Ushers" aren't horror. "Story Tellers" aren't horror. "Movie Directors" aren't horror. "Soldiers" aren't horror. "Statues" aren't horror...

The fact that, of all of the ideas Universal has presented in its near three decades, "Vikings" appears to be the sticking point on what is and isn't horror (with a number of people), astounds me. If the basis for what can be "become" horror is simply intimidating/unknown, then... well...

Good luck walking through that hell...