Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
might be a rumor, but the five nights at freddy's movie might come out in 2019 or 2020, and it's being made by blumhouse. so we might see a living preview of it. im already shuddering thinking about it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
might be a rumor, but the five nights at freddy's movie might come out in 2019 or 2020, and it's being made by blumhouse. so we might see a living preview of it. im already shuddering thinking about it.

I'm gonna guess 30 is when we're most going to have to worry about that.

I bet you there'll be plenty of people that liked having Walking Dead be back for so many years straight, who will be pissed off if it happens. Seriously, ANY time FNAF is brought up anywhere online that isn't FNAF-specific, it is ALWAYS virulently hated.

It's sad, because I used to be a fan of the game. But the fanbase is so terrible that saying you're a fan of it if you're older than a middle-schooler WILL make you a pariah.

Last edited:
im in the minority, but i wouldn't mind blumhouse of horrors 3, but with lesser known movies [upgrade, belko experiment, and creep]. i can go into further detail if you guys are confused how these can translate into 4-6 rooms in a house.

Multiple people in this thread said that Netflix really liked the Stranger Things House, especially the Orlando version. Where are you getting that information from?

Reactions: therock

The only bit's of concrete information of the Blumhouse FNaF film; is the director, script-work, and a hope that production can begin soon. Outside of that, no-one has given a rumor to the release date of that film.

Also, I would not like for further details on a Horrors of Blumhouse Third outing.

__

The only way I see Blumhouse coming in, is on Happy Death Day as a Shared house. Because outside of that, they have dried up most of the well for anything that's..marketable, and safe.

Do they tho? They are building that garage extension right now. Only the house would take up space. The queue would lead straight back to the park.

I would also agree to this. Think, something more to the liking of Parade Building more than anything..

People really seem to feeling Haunting of Hill House and I feel like what I've seen so far (the first three episodes) really lend themselves to a haunted house. I think there is a lot there that would be relatively easy an effective for Uni to pull off.

What about A Quiet Place...nobody's mentioned that yet...

Do they tho? They are building that garage extension right now. Only the house would take up space. The queue would lead straight back to the park.
They’re adding spaces. They’re not replacing spaces. Every inch of parking lot is needed. Any new locations are going to take as few spots as possible.
Multiple people in this thread said that Netflix really liked the Stranger Things House, especially the Orlando version. Where are you getting that information from?
Sources. The late auditions for character lookalikes is the only public indicator. Netflix initially weren’t going to allow them, but was so impressed by the build on their walkthrough, they changed their mind. It’s ALSO why it’s a lock for 29.
People really seem to feeling Haunting of Hill House and I feel like what I've seen so far (the first three episodes) really lend themselves to a haunted house. I think there is a lot there that would be relatively easy an effective for Uni to pull off.

Mike appears more interested in Hill House than Murdy. The house has a lot to work with but a hard tone to match in the HHN structure. The general interest is another factor to consider: if the viewership (and relevancy) becomes middling, Uni may not think the rights are worth it. The Hill House hype lasted about two weeks and never reached huge levels.

I think it’s possible. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t appear.

I wish to see some form of music oriented house. How amazing would it be if we had an ACDC-Highway to Hell house! It is not totally out of the question, because Hollywood got Ozzy, Alice Cooper, and is affiliated with Slash. Orlando got Alice Cooper at HHN 22. Another potential contender would be KISS. What do you guys think?

I dont really think KISS or ac/dc are good material for houses. I cant see KISS being well received by millenials who would either have no idea who they are or would mock it. AC/DC is not a horror kind of metal band either so i really really cant see that happening or going well. what would the house even look like? their videos aren't even horror related .

if they were going to make a music house it would have to be something that has horror or scary elements. but something that is big enough to bring in the crowds. is Iron Maiden big enough? would that bring the crowds? because if a band ever had what it takes to go to HHN would be Iron Maiden. im not talking about my personal taste either. this has nothing to do with what i like,
but visually speaking Iron maiden has enough to fill a house with horror elements. another band that is really big and could work is Slipknot. but i dont know if the crowds would acccept it or if the band would even allow a house based on them.

to be honest I dont think music houses are that well received, not even in California. I dont recall people loving those houses, But if they did bring another music house back, i would hope it was something that could translate easily into a horror house. Would Rob Zombie work? would he work with universal again? Rob Zombie made houses for California HHN 3 times but never for orlando. which makes you wonder why
If they were going from bands that were famous in the 80s and that would attract a lot of people, it would have to be a band that has had horror style videos or album covers or horror stage shows. the only one that i can think of is Iron Maiden or King Diamond. (or Gwar but they would never bring in the big crowds)

I seem to be among a few that dosent want KK to be a house. The SZ was fun but not scary at all, since the scareactors barly could move in the clown outfit. IMO this could make for a bad house.

why cant killer klowns be the comedy house of 2019? whats wrong with that? every year gets a comedy house, why not killer klowns? it would be no different than the other comedy houses they have done in the past.

I'm gonna guess 30 is when we're most going to have to worry about that.

I bet you there'll be plenty of people that liked having Walking Dead be back for so many years straight, who will be pissed off if it happens. Seriously, ANY time FNAF is brought up anywhere online that isn't FNAF-specific, it is ALWAYS virulently hated.

It's sad, because I used to be a fan of the game. But the fanbase is so terrible that saying you're a fan of it if you're older than a middle-schooler WILL make you a pariah.

I understand people hate Five nights at Freddy's as a game and they hate their fan base and they hate the culture around it
But I think it would work perfectly for HHN. the robots themselves would fit very well with HHN (Look at the Chucky zone, the bears in the chucky zone this year were pretty cool.) the sets and the robots are creepy and they would work really well for a house .
i could imagine those costumes already and imagine the rotting robot bears and that would be really cool for HHN. i know people cannot stand the culture around the game, but the property would be really cool. visually speaking those mascots would translate really well for a house

im in the minority, but i wouldn't mind blumhouse of horrors 3, but with lesser known movies [upgrade, belko experiment, and creep]. i can go into further detail if you guys are confused how these can translate into 4-6 rooms in a house.

i doubt they would make a house of movies that made very little at the box office. or movies that not a lot of people saw .

But Blumhouse is making SPAWN, and i would seriously lose my mind if they make a SPAWN house. that would be one of the craziest things to see at HHN. just the idea of seeing actors dressed as SPAWN or Violator makes me jump in the air.

Mike appears more interested in Hill House than Murdy. The house has a lot to work with but a hard tone to match in the HHN structure. The general interest is another factor to consider: if the viewership (and relevancy) becomes middling, Uni may not think the rights are worth it. The Hill House hype lasted about two weeks and never reached huge levels.

I think it’s possible. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t appear.

I feel like that show has been the closest to "Stranger Things" hype since ST; but not to that scale.

It's the safest bet - but yes, not a lock.

Probably because it's mostly a quiet movie... A good movie doesn't mean it's good material for HHN.

AHS Apocalypse?

I think they have moved past AHS. If anything, it has a better shot to come back in 30 as a compliation house - but we're getting way ahead of ourselves.

Blumhouse Halloween feels like a given, with the box office approaching $200 million

If Halloween 2018 was gonna happen, it would've been this year.

Any reason we haven’t gotten a Shaun Of The Dead house yet? Seems right up their alley and was distributed by Universal. Would be a perfect comedy house.

It was used in 2009 as part of Silver Screams. I'd love to see it, too. May not be as relevant as year's past, but it's a property that can show up anytime at any event IMO.

Has Rock The Universe always been the reason for HHN starting in the middle of the month? With that now moving dates I’d be shocked if it doesn’t start earlier. This event prints money.

Well, I guess, techinically - yes. There was a time when HHN didn't need to start Sept 14. :lol: With the event moved now, it does open the discussion for HHN starting way earlier.

here's my speculation list
donnie darko [ after seeing this awesome haunt i think it could happen, it's a cult classic and it can get some indie fans in]

:tired:

I seem to be among a few that dosent want KK to be a house. The SZ was fun but not scary at all, since the scareactors barly could move in the clown outfit. IMO this could make for a bad house.

Houses can offer different opportunities for scares. I wouldn't write it off based on the zone's success, or lack of, in that regard.

It's got a really good chance of coming back, the question is whether it returns as a house or as a bigger zone.

HHN needs more focus on overall event energy. Amping up the music, the gore, more fireballs, more streetmosphere. An overarching theme would be great too with an icon that’s actually present in the park, preferably at the front gate and then again inside the park either in a house or a scare zone

I do agree the whole park needs more to tie it all together. Not necessarily scare actors, or general lighting - but something. Once you leave the left side of the park, the right side feels so empty.

Using HHN 17 as an example, I may not have liked the lack of zones - but there were carnival props EVERYWHERE! This year had the 80's/rotting pumpkins as the "theme". Maybe have little areas of props where there's a rotting pumpkin patch. Maybe dead areas could have props with callbacks to popular 80's movies, or tropes/stereotypes (licensing not needed). How cool would it have been if there was a billboard "advertising" the Carey Drive-In over by MIB?

As far as the gore, if we get it - cool! Doesn't make or break for me.

I dont really think KISS or ac/dc are good material for houses. I cant see KISS being well received by millenials who would either have no idea who they are or would mock it. AC/DC is not a horror kind of metal band either so i really really cant see that happening or going well. what would the house even look like? their videos aren't even horror related .

if they were going to make a music house it would have to be something that has horror or scary elements. but something that is big enough to bring in the crowds. is Iron Maiden big enough? would that bring the crowds? because if a band ever had what it takes to go to HHN would be Iron Maiden. im not talking about my personal taste either. this has nothing to do with what i like,
but visually speaking Iron maiden has enough to fill a house with horror elements. another band that is really big and could work is Slipknot. but i dont know if the crowds would acccept it or if the band would even allow a house based on them.

to be honest I dont think music houses are that well received, not even in California. I dont recall people loving those houses, But if they did bring another music house back, i would hope it was something that could translate easily into a horror house. Would Rob Zombie work? would he work with universal again? Rob Zombie made houses for California HHN 3 times but never for orlando. which makes you wonder why
If they were going from bands that were famous in the 80s and that would attract a lot of people, it would have to be a band that has had horror style videos or album covers or horror stage shows. the only one that i can think of is Iron Maiden or King Diamond. (or Gwar but they would never bring in the big crowds)

Yeah a Iron Maiden house would be a dream come true for me. They are my favorite metal band. It's amazing they still sell out huge stadiums even today. But like you said I don't know if a music house would really do well and if it's for this type of crowd.

Can we get a double feature house of Attack of the Swamp Yeti & Leave it to Cleaver 2?
Yes please!!!!!

Yeah a Iron Maiden house would be a dream come true for me. They are my favorite metal band. It's amazing they still sell out huge stadiums even today. But I like you said I don't know if a music house would really do well and if it's for this type of crowd.

Yes please!!!!!

I like Iron Maiden too, but my post was trying to not be biased. i was thinking about visuals and costumes and sets. and thinking about popularity. or how it would translate to actual sets.

I Think Iron Maiden is the most famous band from the 80s thats is both horror related and it is still very big. they do sell out giant stadiums and everyone at least knows who Iron Maiden is. even if people dont like metal, everyone basically knows who they are and they now Eddie at least in passing.

the house could even have each room be an Album cover. and the whole house could just be the different version of Eddie.
even if someone is not a fan of metal, these visuals alone could make it a good house. Eddie is a character that can be a horror icon himself regardless of the music or the fans.
it would be an amazing house by itself. their album covers already look like horror movie posters .
it would be the same as Sinema but with each album cover. that would be insane.

out of all the bands out there, for me logically Iron Maiden makes the most sense for HHN. the band already has enough horror elements to fit a house and a zone. they are famous enough to bring crowds. they are safe enough that wont insult people the way Gwar or king Diamond would. and the actors would look like Eddie so they already have their full costumes for the cast
Iron Maiden makes the most business sense
Im shocked Murdy never made an iron maiden house. he must not be a fan or hate the band because it makes the most sense

the reason Im not sure about a Kiss house is because they have kind of become a little cliche by now and i cant see the house or the costumes being scary. they did have some horror elements in their videos but as a horror house i dont know if it would fit.

Last edited:
I feel like that show has been the closest to "Stranger Things" hype since ST; but not to that scale.

It's the safest bet - but yes, not a lock.
It’s in a weird spot, especially because it’s unlikely to get a second season. Sabrina, arguably, as a better chance because it’s a least getting a second season.

I’d rather Channel Zero though.
A good movie doesn't mean it's good material for HHN.
Monster, Monsters, Babadook... there’s a list of good movies that would be disappointing houses.

I think they have moved past AHS. If anything, it has a better shot to come back in 30 as a compliation house - but we're getting way ahead of ourselves.
I’ve had this same thought. But yeah, way ahead of ourselves.

If Halloween 2018 was gonna happen, it would've been this year.
Yep. And we know Miramax isn’t interested in playing.

(That’s a hint for spec this year, everyone... relevant Miramax and WB aren’t impossible but unlikely)
Well, I guess, techinically - yes. There was a time when HHN didn't need to start Sept 14. :lol: With the event moved now, it does open the discussion for HHN starting way earlier.
Starting the week after Labor Day feels... likely.
Houses can offer different opportunities for scares. I wouldn't write it off based on the zone's success, or lack of, in that regard.

It's got a really good chance of coming back, the question is whether it returns as a house or as a bigger zone.
My bigger concern with it as a house is if they’ll make sure the boo-holes are big enough...

...Creatures…

My bigger concern with it as a house is if they’ll make sure the boo-holes are big enough...

...Creatures…

Admittedly, the Creatures didn't work, but oh man I really liked that house. Felt like a glorious redneck party. Great Southern rock soundtrack (Allman Brothers, CCR, Charlie Daniels). Roughly tied with Sinema behind Maximum Madness for my favorite comedy houses.

@TheCode I DO think at one point you could've distilled FNAF to be a very scary house. The first game at least has way more atmosphere than people give it credit for--all the background noises. I've always been afraid of Chuck E Cheese animatronics. The problem is the type of crowds it would draw. :puke:

Last edited:
Reactions: JunoSynth
Admittedly, the Creatures didn't work, but oh man I really liked that house. Felt like a glorious redneck party. Great Southern rock soundtrack.

what was wrong with creatures? and how come they didnt just put the unused costumes as props instead of hiding them?

It’s in a weird spot, especially because it’s unlikely to get a second season. Sabrina, arguably, as a better chance because it’s a least getting a second season.

The creators seem confident, but it is still up in the air. As far as Sabrina, it's pretty Satan-y (so far - and also, not a complaint), so I wonder if that would cause any apprehension from Universal. But also, WB is involved.

...Creatures…

My guilty pleasure. :lol: