Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I’ve heard that no chainsaw hoard is *sort of* a Disney thing.

I was told that Disney is actually fine with scareactors there, but requires them to be in theme for the area (I.e. Carnival/clowns) and Universal made the choice not to put a hoard here since there are clowns in Hollywood.

Anyone else heard anything that jives with that?

So I’ve heard that no chainsaw hoard is *sort of* a Disney thing.

I was told that Disney is actually fine with scareactors there, but requires them to be in theme for the area (I.e. Carnival/clowns) and Universal made the choice not to put a hoard here since there are clowns in Hollywood.

Anyone else heard anything that jives with that?

I don't know one way or the other, but that's a profoundly silly decision on Universal's part if true.

Agreed. If true, seems like a silly reason to not have chainsaws.
I feel like they had a lot larger fish to fry and didn’t feel like putting in a extra effort to conform with Disney’s policies. That or they decided the headache wouldn’t be even worth discussing. Plus casting was probably tough enough.

I feel like they had a lot larger fish to fry and didn’t feel like putting in a extra effort to conform with Disney’s policies. That or they decided the headache wouldn’t be even worth discussing. Plus casting was probably tough enough.
They have more than enough bodies… and they are already hired. I’m hearing they hired way more alternates than normal, many who gave full availability and could have been hard cast in a chainsaw role. Just of my own friends who are alternates, 4 out of the 5 of them gave full availability or only asked for one day off. All were fitness tested, too.

Point is, if they wanted chainsaws this year, they could’ve made it happen. It’s possible it’s just a money saving thing.

They have more than enough bodies… and they are already hired. I’m hearing they hired way more alternates than normal, many who gave full availability and could have been hard cast in a chainsaw role. Just of my own friends who are alternates, 4 out of the 5 of them gave full availability or only asked for one day off. All were fitness tested, too.

Point is, if they wanted chainsaws this year, they could’ve made it happen. It’s possible it’s just a money saving thing.
I also have a friend as a alternate and he’s been working nonstop and says there are more holes that could be filled. Take that as you will but that’s what I’ve heard.

When you have a moment, would love to hear any details. Generic footage? In all queues or just a handful?
Still to bright to see what they’re playing but they had the park wide loop playing at Wicked Growth with Jack saying lines every once in a while. I saw them setting up Icons’ last week so I assume the one over there is up tonight also but haven’t been by to see yet

Edit: Icons and TCM also have them
Same video loop that BoF:L has

Last edited:
I didn't mind the plexi at all really. 99% of the time it didn't matter that much. My complaint was about lack of a mask mandate indoors. My partner and I wore our masks in the houses and mostly outside at night and we made it out uninfected.

Last edited:
Anyone got any idea as to how many FFs are sold compared to FF+ or UFF? Every Wednesday i’ve been to has been more crowded than each Fri and Sat. I even got 30 house runs last night it was so empty