Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought it was to entertain us in the bathroom
Okay, let's cut down on the potty humor and get back to topic...
So...are we not allowed to speculate about there being a Ghoulies house?
Ghoulies_Poster.jpg

On a more serious note, was Fluffy a puppet in Hollywood’s Creepshow house?

Reactions: reeseyNG
Responding to the Puppet Auditions thing: Obviously Puppet Theatre will be a thing that requires puppeteers but let’s be real, there are tons of other houses that may require them. Wouldn’t surprise me if the puppeteer auditions went to some spots in Beetlejuice maybe
especially with that sandworm. Even though it was an inflatable it had to have someone behind it and I recall hearing it was a puppeteer job.

I feel like we've talked about it before

But what are the possibilities of them attempting VQ in some form at HHN this year?

After trying to get one for Hagrid recently I'm worried about potential implementation of the system at HHN.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Got to be honest , with the lack of a second announcement, I’m starting to wonder if announcement season will not be as normal as we thought it would be
Anyone expecting a normal announcement season was kind of kidding themselves

Yeah, I wouldn't be expecting a normal announcement season since this is still an abnormal year due to the circumstances that happened the past year or so. I've seen some folks pulling up the archives of the announcement schedule of 2019 to gauge when the next announcement is, but that quite frankly doesn't apply to this year, you have to throw the books out the window for this one.

For me, it's probably safe to say we'll see something after the Mardi Gras festival is over in about a week or so.

Yeah, I wouldn't be expecting a normal announcement season since this is still an abnormal year due to the circumstances that happened the past year or so. I've seen some folks pulling up the archives of the announcement schedule of 2019 to gauge when the next announcement is, but that quite frankly doesn't apply to this year, you have to throw the books out the window for this one.

For me, it's probably safe to say we'll see something after the Mardi Gras festival is over in about a week or so.
Depends on whether they do anything for the summer.

Got to be honest , with the lack of a second announcement, I’m starting to wonder if announcement season will not be as normal as we thought it would be
That’s probably because of Hollywood resuming construction on HHN houses and opening up again. I am sure that they don’t know what kind of HHN they can have and that they are waiting for the IP announcements till it is clear what to do

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
I feel like it will be there in some fashion
Me as well

I'm half interested to see how it would work, and half worried about how it would work

HHN Lite was an interesting test. I

couldn't get a time for either at the beginning of the day, but they opened them up to everyone later in the day anyway so it didn't matter

Me as well

I'm half interested to see how it would work, and half worried about how it would work

HHN Lite was an interesting test. I

couldn't get a time for either at the beginning of the day, but they opened them up to everyone later in the day anyway so it didn't matter
I feel like VQ may make an appearance but they'd have to open the houses to standby later in the day since it would probably be hard to get a VQ spot, especially considering Beetlejuice weekend.

Reactions: shiekra38
I feel like VQ may make an appearance but they'd have to open the houses to standby later in the day since it would probably be hard to get a VQ spot, especially considering Beetlejuice weekend.

Having NEVER used VQ, I'm fully expecting it to be implemented but not sure how it could possibly work.

Assuming the event is full capacity there are houses that would typically have a 90min+ wait every night up until Midnight. Some peak nights it would be double that. If the VQ means you only have to wait in line for say, 30min when your timeslot opens that means there is one more hour of those people walking the streets. If people aren't in line, they have to be somewhere else. It's really robbing Peter to pay Paul. If the number of bodies in line at every house is reduced by say 50%, that means the streets, concessions, and standby lines for rides have to absorb those people. If they have VQ for the rides as well, that just adds more people to the streets. I just don't see how that is feasible. Unless they let you queue up multiple house times at once, so you can plan out your night to have something like VQ for Beetlejuice at 8pm, Puppets at 9pm, Toothfairy at 10pm, etc. But everything I've heard about any of the VQ stuff was that you're only allowed one reservation at a time. So it would be like you're in line and the house itself for 40min, then have to wander the streets for however long until your next VQ line opens up. People would naturally hover around the queue entrances waiting for the timeslot to open and that congregation would be worse than a single file line with some kind of social distancing in place.

MAYBE they'll do something like only open VQ for lines with a wait time over 90min or something but what a disaster that would be with people not knowing what's going on. Or maybe they're perfecting a magical app that allows you to sign up in advance for all 10 houses, once each, and they limit the time you're allowed in the park to have some sort of 4 hour experience where you can do everything in a very rigid schedule that take my concerns into account. The people who would do Stranger Things 7 times a night and nothing else (we talked to a group of kids had done it 7 times the night before and it was their 4th time when we were in line by them in line and they only came to the event to do it) would be upset if they could only do Beetlejuice once. Also imagine being a walk up who hears that they have Beetlejuice, buy spur of the moment $130 tickets for you and your sweetheart, then find out you have to register for times and Beetlejuice has already reached capacity for the night and the sun hasn't even set yet.

Will be very interesting to see what they do.

I've also been wondering how queues will be handled this year. Assuming social distancing is still enforced, I'd imagine VQ will have to be implemented in some form. The queue for Brides weaved through a soundstage (I don't remember which one) because of the length. Where would they weave other queues to make sure they have enough room for people?

Reactions: Rikku
I've also been wondering how queues will be handled this year. Assuming social distancing is still enforced, I'd imagine VQ will have to be implemented in some form. The queue for Brides weaved through a soundstage (I don't remember which one) because of the length. Where would they weave other queues to make sure they have enough room for people?

SS 25, it’s one option, VQ could be a blessing and a curse despite it working last year, it was problematic in some cases and would crash. I could see them also taking advantage of express more this year.

Having NEVER used VQ, I'm fully expecting it to be implemented but not sure how it could possibly work.

Will be very interesting to see what they do.
Only time I ever used VQ was at Volcano Bay, so I’m also curious how they’d make this work.

I could really only see VQ working well if they also limit general capacity, as I think you’re right that keeping people out of lines just clogs up other areas of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.