Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The five main ones I noticed were

EDITED TO DELETED SPOILERS

I’m guessing there was many more that they either covered up or weren’t plainly visible though.

I know it's tough since we don't have individual house threads until they are OFFICIALLY announced, but please keep in mind that only a small fraction of the people on these forums were able to go through the the houses at HHN Lite and many have chosen to not watch the walkthrough of this house in particular, so can we try to spoiler tag anything that that gives away the rooms and scares in the houses? Not trying to single out PlatinumFate, just that their comment was the most comprehensive one so decided to quote it.

Last edited:
I know it's tough since we don't have individual house threads until they are OFFICIALLY announced, but please keep in mind that only a small fraction of the people on these forums were able to go through the the houses at HHN Lite and many have chosen to not watch the walkthrough of this house in particular, so can we try to spoiler tag anything that that gives away the rooms and scares in the houses? Not trying to single out PlatinumFate, just that their comment was the most comprehensive one so decided to quote it.
I’m so sorry, I didn’t even think about it lol! It’s fixed now, my apologies.

Just a small question about something that was mentioned
I was just catching up on the thread, in regards to the icons being captured and burning in Fear’s lantern, does that mean that’s a finite conclusion to the icons and we probably won’t see them again? Are other icons such as Lady Luck and Chance trapped too since they aren’t Fear’s servants like the others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rikku
Anyone heard rumors of multi night passes returning? Wanna lock in some dates, but wouldn’t be worth it if I can’t buy a RoF-Ex.

From what most places have been saying Multiday tickets will be back in some format but there are have been rumblings of ROF not returning (that particular rumor was also thrown around pre-pandemic due to the Sept crowds increasing). General consensus is that the multi-day ticket options will go on sale later than usual this year as they continue to gauge what kind of crowds they're going to have. Also rumblings about express being a day of only upcharge, meaning they won't sell express passes early and it will just be a first come first serve option each day of the event have been discussed. I think one podcast was hypothesizing that multiday tickets would only be valid on Wed, Thur, and Sun to try to keep crowds down on Friday and Saturday nights.

General feelings that are as the US inches back to normalcy and if we don't continue to get spikes after each easing of restrictions, they will probably go "business as usual" and sell the same tickets that they always do. Of interest might be the fact that they just raised AP prices by $50 so the insane numbers some people were throwing out for express options being 50%+ higher this year might have a shred of truth to them.

BUT, these are all just rumblings and unsubstantiated. Just throwing out the different info I've read/heard. If I had to venture a guess, I would think that Universal has like a "best case scenario" plan laid out, with 10 different contingency plans ready to go. I think we might be waiting longer than usual to get the multiday ticket options and maybe even longer after that for an express upgrade. I think you and I might be buying ROF passes while keeping our fingers crossed for a while hoping that an Express upgrade for the ticket becomes available.

From what most places have been saying Multiday tickets will be back in some format but there are have been rumblings of ROF not returning (that particular rumor was also thrown around pre-pandemic due to the Sept crowds increasing). General consensus is that the multi-day ticket options will go on sale later than usual this year as they continue to gauge what kind of crowds they're going to have. Also rumblings about express being a day of only upcharge, meaning they won't sell express passes early and it will just be a first come first serve option each day of the event have been discussed. I think one podcast was hypothesizing that multiday tickets would only be valid on Wed, Thur, and Sun to try to keep crowds down on Friday and Saturday nights.

General feelings that are as the US inches back to normalcy and if we don't continue to get spikes after each easing of restrictions, they will probably go "business as usual" and sell the same tickets that they always do. Of interest might be the fact that they just raised AP prices by $50 so the insane numbers some people were throwing out for express options being 50%+ higher this year might have a shred of truth to them.

BUT, these are all just rumblings and unsubstantiated. Just throwing out the different info I've read/heard. If I had to venture a guess, I would think that Universal has like a "best case scenario" plan laid out, with 10 different contingency plans ready to go. I think we might be waiting longer than usual to get the multiday ticket options and maybe even longer after that for an express upgrade. I think you and I might be buying ROF passes while keeping our fingers crossed for a while hoping that an Express upgrade for the ticket becomes available.

Excellent summary, thanks! Under the old RoF Express system, we could do an insane amount house runs per night. IDK how I feel about spending more money for HHN and getting to go through the houses less.

Alright after seeing the S2 premiere of Creepshow, I'd be absolutely fine if it was featured in a house.

I'd definitely prefer just the film but man are there tons of good opportunities for a house in just the first episode of S2.

Alright after seeing the S2 premiere of Creepshow, I'd be absolutely fine if it was featured in a house.

I'd definitely prefer just the film but man are there tons of good opportunities for a house in just the first episode of S2.
I kinda hope they use the first episode as the first and last room since it reminds me of the intro and ending of the original film!

All I could see is the copy and paste of Hollywood's at much better scale with promotion to season 1 and an episode from season 2 with promotion for the series at the event. As for the icons being killed off this year? Nah, they're not gonna kill off their bread and butter like that. I see the house just diving into each of their realms and nothing more.

Reactions: Grabnar
All I could see is the copy and paste of Hollywood's at much better scale with promotion to season 1 and an episode from season 2 with promotion for the series at the event. As for the icons being killed off this year? Nah, they're not gonna kill off their bread and butter like that. I see the house just diving into each of their realms and nothing more.
The spoilers being leaked about the icon house would suggest otherwise, but nothing truly dies at HHN. You could dice up the Caretaker like a sandwich pickle, and if they want to use him again they'll use it again. Canon isn't a thing where it matters.

The spoilers being leaked about the icon house would suggest otherwise, but nothing truly dies at HHN. You could dice up the Caretaker like a sandwich pickle, and if they want to use him again they'll use it again. Canon isn't a thing where it matters.
You said it, nothing truly dies at HHN, so this being the “farewell” is eh

You said it, nothing truly dies at HHN, so this being the “farewell” is eh unless they wanna make new icons.
I think it's a farewell for now. There's a new crew in creative, and they probably have their own ideas they'd like to put over rather than reheating hash just because it'll pop the middle-aged fan who thinks he owns HHN because he was at a Bill and Ted show.

I think it's a farewell for now. There's a new crew in creative, and they probably have their own ideas they'd like to put over rather than reheating hash just because it'll pop the middle-aged fan who thinks he owns HHN because he was at a Bill and Ted show.
I agree and I would think it’d be the same crew, nothing new, but as for new ideas it would be interesting but seeing how marketing only would want one icon mostly than the others idk, as for making new icons, let’s hope we will see more of a backstory for Bones or Pumpkin Lord since both seem very interesting choices for the future. I’m not holding my breath though.

I agree and I would think it’d be the same crew, nothing new, but as for new ideas it would be interesting but seeing how marketing only would want one icon mostly than the others idk, as for making new icons, let’s hope we will see more of a backstory for Bones or Pumpkin Lord since both seem very interesting choices for the future. I’m not holding my breath though.
I'd rather see some new stuff that is completely disconnected from the past.

I think we would benefit from new Icons.
I was really sad that Bone got robbed, he was 27's icon in my book.
Agreed. I think that it’s about time they put the old icons to rest for now (as much as I love The Director) and focus on making some new lore. Bring back old icons for anniversary years or something but it’s time to retire them.

I'd rather see some new stuff that is completely disconnected from the past.
Oh I agree what you mean, a lot of people do including myself but they had a few times to kill them off. 20 being the year that they were going to let them go. As for making new icons, I would love for the door to be open and see us creating new icons like Singapore does but I wouldn’t expect too much too soon. If it is a farewell to the icons, I hope they actually mean farewell.

Can you elaborate on the leaks? I'll do my best to confirm or deny.

Reactions: Pedro Navarro
Can you elaborate on the leaks? I'll do my best to confirm or deny.
They’re still Fear’s servants. The house ends in Fear’s throne room with (the most commonly rumored story being) the icons being burned for eternity. They’re all still trapped in the lantern. They don’t escape. The story feels like a conclusion.
Here’s what was said on the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.