Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be super happy with a rerun of the last house...or a Tobe Hooper Mashup of 1 and 2. They caught lightening in a bottle before and shouldn't mess with it...but if they do, add in Chop Top and Co.
I want a proper TCM2 house

TBH… I’m hearing nothing but great things about TCM.

Awesome! Out of the rumored line-up this is aiming to be my dark-horse house since TCM (in almost any form) can make for a good house. I felt that way when the rumors were saying the 3D film (Garbage story, but serious house potential with scenes which could look better in person than on film.), and even moreso with a mashup/original spin.

I'd be super happy with a rerun of the last house...or a Tobe Hooper Mashup of 1 and 2. They caught lightening in a bottle before and shouldn't mess with it...but if they do, add in Chop Top and Co.

I don't think the 26 house had a AWIL-level of reception to justify doing a rerun, let alone that was in a tent and this years house is in a soundstage, makes more sense with it being a new direction/version to take advantage of whatever space they got.

I was really hoping for another music themed zone as they bring so much energy to the event. I loved vamp 85 and hellboy deluxe. As a matter of fact, hellboy was the first time I really listened to Rob Zombie (other than White Zombie), and now I really enjoy his music. While I'm not a huge fan of Metallica (I think they are little over-rated, especially Lars - yes I am a drummer), I would take a Metallica zone all day. But at this point, I'm just excited that hhn seems like it is going to be more normal than not!

Also, my Metallica comment is just an opinion. If you love early Metallica, middle Metallica or geriatric Metallica, its all good. I love Rush and Culture Club, so I don't judge :)

If Seek and Destroy is actually a Metallica zone...in New York...I better see a Mariano Rivera character in the street wearing his pinstripes each time Enter Sandman comes on.

Also, just looking at the crowds that showed up for Velocicoaster (240 minute wait at one point according to Twitter), it looks like theme parks are rebounding wonderfully, and that HHN this year is gonna be a blast. A crowded, rowdy, blast. I can't wait!

So, what a day...
I had to escape and disappear from the forums until the small hours of the night due to some serious whiplash from the day's frantic "news." Has there been any more fuel thrown on any of the rumors from earlier? One thing's for certain, HHN 30 is really going to showcase the event's history, of which Jack had a huge part in building.

Oh, we've moved on from the puns? My apologies.

OT - In the future, I'd love to hear more about the struggle within Universal regarding last year's decision to pull the plug on the event. Atlas, that day may never come.

A potential Metallica zone doesn't really hit any of my buttons but I can see the demo they're going for there. Very interesting to see Shrek still a toss up between Creepshow and Halloween III. My personal guess would be that it's ultimately neither (just for funsies). I love the idea of HHN including Shudder products. I don't think it means we'll be seeing the biggest properties on the service by any means but it is very cool to see the genre melding together in weird new ways. Screens of Joe Bob and Darcy talking and showing clips would be very fun.

My biggest take away is the "Jack" show. That could be a huge thing, especially in a seated theater. That could potentially be the highlight of the entire event!

A potential Metallica zone doesn't really hit any of my buttons but I can see the demo they're going for there.

Assuming this all comes to pass, a Metallica zone, an expanded Jack show, an Eddie zone* and two anniversary zones--it feels like an attempt to shore up the base. Make sure your traditional regulars turn up at least, My guess is because either (1) Universal didn't think the bounce-back would come nearly this quickly, or (2) they had early word Howl-O-Scream Orlando was coming.

* (I mean, an Eddie zone is the HHN equivalent of an Orange Bird C-ticket ride in fan-service terms.)

Seeing something in the FF stage makes me the most excited. But everyone using TCM really keeps throwing me for a loop, first time I read it my mind goes to Turner Classic Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.