Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we expect the 30 year zone to be like the past anniversary zones with the icons on stages and everything or do we think it will be a newish idea? Possibly combining the greatest scarezone zone into this one?

How will it be different from 2016? TCM in Orlando that year was one of my biggest let downs. Hollywood, however, fully delivered.

Rumor was it was pulling from TCM 3D and going for a different aesthetic?

Anyway, here's my speculation on announcements because I'm doing massive reworks of my TP HHN stuff:

June 17 - Popular IP to anchor ticket/pass/package sales
June 24/late June - Jack/30th/Icon house/theme reveal
Early July (July 8th, lets say) - Texas Chainsaw Massicre
Mid-July - re-announce Bride/Tooth/Puppet (fan favorites from last year's daytime event, coming to HHN for the first time, etc)
End July - Scarezone/shows
Early August - Shrek location announcement (H3/Creep/OG)
Mid August - Remaining original houses
End August - food/bev/merch previews

So there’s going to be no spot where guests can actually interact and get pictures with the icons like 25? Considering the rumors going around about the future for the Icons after this year, that’s really a real shame.
Agreed. Would love to see real meet and greets to keep the selfie zones down but doubt it will ever happen

Reactions: SeventyOne
So there’s going to be no spot where guests can actually interact and get pictures with the icons like 25? Considering the rumors going around about the future for the Icons after this year, that’s really a real shame.
  • There's going to be a house full of Icons (Icons Captured)
  • A show with at least 1 Icon (Jack - would be shocked if at least Chance doesn't show up)
  • A zone dedicated to the Icon that never was (Eddie)
  • A zone for an unoffical icon (Terra Queen)
  • The lagoon show will have to involve the Icons in some capacity.
  • The tribute store will probably have a life size Jack mannequin that you could take a selfie with.
  • And then, if you want professional photos with the Icons, you have the Scaractor Dining option which is sure to have an icon or two in there along with Beetlejuice.

While it's true that you won't be able to go from station to station getting selfies with all the icons if what Legacy is saying is true, there are going to be Icons up the wazoo at the event. And while they might say Icons are going away, they said that with HHNXX/20 about how they were all trapped in the Lantern and yet here we are 10 years later. If they go away, it won't be for too long.

EDIT to avoid another post (I have too many today as it is)

Nope. Most people say Lagoon Show rather than Fountain Show so we changed it.

Thanks for the clarification...I was thinking maybe a fountain show would be just that, music/lights/water and no real projection that could be viewed from anywhere along the water (to help with social distancing) versus a lagoon show that I think of as more of something that is in a contained area. The fountains are in the lagoon so my rationale makes no sense, but just wondered if there was some nuance and a possible change.

Last edited:
Rumor was it was pulling from TCM 3D and going for a different aesthetic?

Anyway, here's my speculation on announcements because I'm doing massive reworks of my TP HHN stuff:

Mid-July - re-announce Bride/Tooth/Puppet (fan favorites from last year's daytime event, coming to HHN for the first time, etc)

I might flip the first two. Use the ticket announcement to really launch the anniversary push. Jack, talk about how some of the zones play up the history, maybe the icon house?

I'd argue that it would hit harder than the IPs they have left. H3 and/or Creepshow don't strike me as carrying enough weight in the public consciousness, and Hill House is good, but it's really "aged". That leaves TCM...but I don't know if that's really what you launch with.

No mention of Hill House?

Process of elimination. Beetlejuice already announced, TCM mentioned, Shrek location mentioned, Brides (semi-IP) mentioned...only IP left is Hill House, so it's the "Popular IP" for June 17th :)

I was trying to see if maybe this was the big change that many people in the know were alluding to since it wasn’t mentioned by name.

Reactions: Neo
So maybe I'm off here - but was there actually spec that the Icons will be kinda.. done after this year? I'll be really heartbroken if I never get to experience an HHN with a classic icon.

So maybe I'm off here - but was there actually spec that the Icons will be kinda.. done after this year? I'll be really heartbroken if I never get to experience an HHN with a classic icon.
I think the assumption is based on this from a few months back (potential spoiler for the Icons house):

They’re still Fear’s servants. The house ends in Fear’s throne room with (the most commonly rumored story being) the icons being burned for eternity. They’re all still trapped in the lantern. They don’t escape. The story feels like a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.