Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the BMG building does in fact become a house, do you think it will be for an "additional" house? Or one to replace a current location that would go away?

I could be the only one here but am I the only one who doesn't think we need 11 houses? It's hard to do 10 houses a night as it is and that would just get harder with 11. My main concern is would one house be a budget house? The only bright side I could see from this is having another house could lower the wait times for all the other houses.

I could be the only one here but am I the only one who doesn't think we need 11 houses? It's hard to do 10 houses a night as it is and that would just get harder with 11. My main concern is would one house be a budget house? The only bright side I could see from this is having another house could lower the wait times for all the other houses.
I'd personally prefer 11 to 10. Just my preference. Theoretically, it spreads the crowds more, which is a big plus for me. However, I'd be absolutely shocked if they increased it THIS year for obvious reasons. Next year, though, when the "30th Anniversary" is over, it could be a great marketing tool "most houses ever" coupled with "31st Horror Nights = October 31st" type of ads.

I'd personally prefer 11 to 10. Just my preference. Theoretically, it spreads the crowds more, which is a big plus for me. However, I'd be absolutely shocked if they increased it THIS year for obvious reasons. Next year, though, when the "30th Anniversary" is over, it could be a great marketing tool "most houses ever" coupled with "31st Horror Nights = October 31st" type of ads.
I mean if no house seems like a budget house I’m all for it and I also don’t see it happening this year. Basically I don’t want to see us become Hollywood where we prefer to have quantity over quality

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is the right place to talk about this but Welcome to Rockville (big music festival over there in FL, I think its like an hour away from MCO) moved their dates from May to November. Starting to feel more positive about HHN30.

I am not sure if this is the right place to talk about this but Welcome to Rockville (big music festival over there in FL, I think its like an hour away from MCO) moved their dates from May to November. Starting to feel more positive about HHN30.
I also felt that way! I saw a article today that more people have been vaccinated then total cases to date and there’s only more to be vaccinated in the coming months! I’d like to think we are close to the endgame now and im not sure if we will get a “Normal” HHN just yet but I think we will for sure have a actual event!

I mean if no house seems like a budget house I’m all for it and I also don’t see it happening this year. Basically I don’t want to see us become Hollywood where we prefer to have quantity over quality

Regarding the concern of a house being a "budget house", the couple ones that I recall being mentioned as a budget house in the past have been Dead Exposure and 2012's House of Horrors, essentially the black light strobe house. Those houses have a history of being pretty darn scary, so I think we're good here.

As for the concern of becoming Hollywood in that regard, I totally hear your concern! Though something to keep in mind is Orlando and Hollywood have different budgets, and Hollywood has used their smaller budget on various expensive expenses that has led to the black wallapalooza in their houses. That, and lazy house designs.

For Orlando they've faired pretty well with 10 houses, if they add a 11th I can imagine they'll still get a good budget increase to support it. An with the way they've been designing their houses, I don't see things suddenly going blank in the other houses.

People concerned about an additional house being a “budget house” don’t understand that the event’s budget is based on the number of things required. So more houses means a bigger overall budget.

Part of the reason for adding more houses is to encourage more returning guests. They don’t really want you doing everything in one night unless you pay beaucoup extra.

People concerned about an additional house being a “budget house” don’t understand that the event’s budget is based on the number of things required. So more houses means a bigger overall budget.

Part of the reason for adding more houses is to encourage more returning guests. They don’t really want you doing everything in one night unless you pay beaucoup extra.
I think even without RIP it is definitely possible. With a bit of luck even without Express just with stay and scream. All you need is a plan and a night in September that is open long enough (or during a Wednesday/Thursday)

I think even without RIP it is definitely possible. With a bit of luck even without Express just with stay and scream. All you need is a plan and a night in September that is open long enough (or during a Wednesday/Thursday)
If you can't get all the way around the horn on a Wednesday or Thursday with Stay n Scream, you're doing something wrong.

It’s also important to remember that most guests don’t try to hit up everything in one night. They’ll do 5-7 and call it. They then won’t come back because (in their minds) there isn’t enough “different” stuff to justify going back. Adding a house changes that math. They can stroll along at the same pace as before, doing 5-7 houses a night, still have mostly new experiences on night two.

I don't think another house would be a huge ask

I definitely didn't expect an additional house this year, but down the road maybe we'd see them using BMG and Café La Bamba as locations once they lose Shrek. (Although I'd love for them to continue doing "Skeleton Bar" style things in future years.)

But I won't be attending this year sadly, so I have no hat in this race lol

I might as well be the first to say it...but I hope that if they add an 11th house in BMG it's the long asked for super mega upcharge house. We all want that and I think that if it's in BMG it's a super opportunity for Universal. People on the fence about shelling out $80 (using that as an average between walk up / Publix tickets) that can come and flavor the event for $25 to go through a super mega awesome house versus pay for the full experience would surely draw new tentative people to try it out. Have an experience where when you enter the building and there's a Jack welcoming you or something, then you walk through a wide open indoor scarezone type thing. Then there's a bar or something offering some of the beverages (near full profit for Uni) and then finally the house. Offer up as much as the HHN experience as you can in this stand alone option. Offer an option that if you pay for the house, you have an option to use that ticket for $20 off the price of admission in the future or something. Also, you could have it open on non-event nights as the overhead and stuff would be a lot less. Maybe even have it open during the day periodically.

Of course, for people that are already paying for HHN and enter the full event, you'd have to have a "back door" entrance where basically everybody gets the express treatment and the upcharge price is less. Just spitballing and making it up as I go along, but I think there's a very good opportunity to draw in new folks and giving diehards something new to experience without it being as radical as the The Repository. And the "outside the gate" entry option opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

EDIT:
Or have BMG be a key additional soundstage and have the 11th house each year be the "experimental" house at the 3rd tent or something. That would have a music, sci fi, straight comedy, pop culture, non-horror, or whatever house. Where you're calling it a "free bonus" house and you can try out different stuff hopefully without the die hard backlash of it not fitting in with the event...as well as having something to appeal to the non-horror crowd to maybe get them to come check it out. And if something is a massive hit with newcomers and diehards alike, maybe a similarly themed house pops up in the regular line up every few years (like 3D houses used to).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.