Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Creative says “You don’t get this space anymore,” A&D doesn’t get the space. They did it with Transformers. It’s the only reason Bill and Ted got a farewell show (Mike fought like hell when they were just going to demo the Fear Factor stage over the summer).

If Creative said “You’re losing Shrek,” HHN would adjust.
I'm glad they waited to demo FFL until after HHN

That's potentially achievable if everyone fills out those surveys at the end of the night...
I am sure the majority of people fill out the surveys at the end of the night and when emailed them too, but I stress this,
FILL THOSE DAMN THINGS OUT.

Even if you bash it to hell, the feedback they get are very important in creating and designing experiences, I don't know how much I can speak about the topic without getting slammed from the big man back home, but when I was taught about guest feedback and reviews when learning about the field they are extremely important.

So as far as IP's go, scream, kick, and yell. If it's possible they can secure the rights, you may receive. This goes with everything in the industry, not just HHN. If it's got demand then there's a good chance.

That's potentially achievable if everyone fills out those surveys at the end of the night...
I can not stress this enough. DO THE SURVEYS! My first year was 28 and they asked me mommy to do one and it asked what I would want to see in the future so I thought logically and put Klowns as a house, Haunting of Hill House, and finally I just went pure wishlist and put House of 1000 Corpses. The fact the majority of the things I listed happened or are happening completely blew me away! I will say I was really upset when the end of 29 survey didn’t ask what I would want to see in the future.

also with all of the Ghost talk I finally sit down and gave them a list. Thank you all for showing me this incredible music!!!!!

I am sure the majority of people fill out the surveys at the end of the night and when emailed them too, but I stress this,
FILL THOSE DAMN THINGS OUT.

Even if you bash it to hell, the feedback they get are very important in creating and designing experiences, I don't know how much I can speak about the topic without getting slammed from the big man back home, but when I was taught about guest feedback and reviews when learning about the field they are extremely important.

So as far as IP's go, scream, kick, and yell. If it's possible they can secure the rights, you may receive. This goes with everything in the industry, not just HHN. If it's got demand then there's a good chance.

Yes, and mind the corollary: if you smash that survey button, and you still don't get it, maybe the demand isn't there like you thought.

So I had never heard of Ghost, I’d say that’s probably problem #1 that it’s not mainstream enough but I will say I just Apple music’ed them and they were pretty good.
CM Punk once said, "no matter how famous you are in wrestling, YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS." Ghost is one of the best bands in a decidedly non-mainstream genre. They are as famous as someone in their niche can be. This is not a knock, either. Point is, they're not big enough ti move the advertising needle, but they wouldn't be out of place as the theme for a house or scare zone.

Yes, and mind the corollary: if you smash that survey button, and you still don't get it, maybe the demand isn't there like you thought.

CM Punk once said, "no matter how famous you are in wrestling, YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS." Ghost is one of the best bands in a decidedly non-mainstream genre. They are as famous as someone in their niche can be. This is not a knock, either. Point is, they're not big enough ti move the advertising needle, but they wouldn't be out of place as the theme for a house or scare zone.

Not that I disagree with you, but they just announced yesterday that DC will be featuring them (well...Papa IV) on covers next to Batman. Other bands that are featured? Megadeth and Ozzy. That's pretty good company.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
Not that I disagree with you, but they just announced yesterday that DC will be featuring them (well...Papa IV) on covers next to Batman. Other bands that are featured? Megadeth and Ozzy. That's pretty good company.

Very good company, sure, but go survey a hundred Joey Bagadonuts at random. i bet the Q rating on Ghost will be a quarter of either of the other two. Sidebar, DC is calling an event Death Metal, and only one of the three is actually a death metal band?

I can not stress this enough. DO THE SURVEYS! My first year was 28 and they asked me mommy to do one and it asked what I would want to see in the future so I thought logically and put Klowns as a house, Haunting of Hill House, and finally I just went pure wishlist and put House of 1000 Corpses. The fact the majority of the things I listed happened or are happening completely blew me away! I will say I was really upset when the end of 29 survey didn’t ask what I would want to see in the future.

also with all of the Ghost talk I finally sit down and gave them a list. Thank you all for showing me this incredible music!!!!!

So I had never heard of Ghost, I’d say that’s probably problem #1 that it’s not mainstream enough but I will say I just Apple music’ed them and they were pretty good.
My guerilla campaign is working :rock:

Very good company, sure, but go survey a hundred Joey Bagadonuts at random. i bet the Q rating on Ghost will be a quarter of either of the other two. Sidebar, DC is calling an event Death Metal, and only one of the three is actually a death metal band?

I actually just had that conversation with a friend yesterday. It's a tie-in to a series that they've previously done that was called "Death Metal". So, it's more about the word metal than the sub-sub-genre of "death metal".

Based on other bands I like, I've heard a lot of praise for Ghost but personally don't get the love. I listen to everything from Natalie Merchant to Marilyn Manson to the Beatles to Insane Clown Posse. I have a wide range of musical tastes to say the least. But as others have said, Ghost has a relatively small group of HUGELY DEVOTED fans. Even if you say 75% of their fans who have never come to HHN before (I'd argue a non negligible percentage would have already attended) would show up to the event if you had them featured, 10% of Billie fans showing up would be a greater number of new "butts in seats". That's what makes Krampus and Trick or Treat so surprising that HHN did them and did them successfully. Not to mention Killer Klowns. The fact that they "dipped their toes" in the water of Klowns and Trick or Treat before having them as a house shows the kind of trepidation they must have had for including them.

Everybody here on this forum is a diehard who is going to at least WANT to go every year as it is (well, excluding Legacy). There is certainly value in giving us more of what we want to keep us coming, but it also has to add stuff that has the potential to reach a significant percentage of new people to continue to build up the base as well to fill in the attrition of people who stop coming due to aging out of it or family, financial, geographic, etc reasons. Something with a small base of HUGELY devoted fans with not much draw beyond the current HHN base isn't going to move many needles. The relatively small fan base isn't going to help. Stuff on the fringe (comedy houses like Klowns, tangentally horror related stuff like Ghostbusters and Billie, the flavor of the months stuff like TWD, American Horror Storry, Stranger Things and Hill House) is where the value is for the event.

Well, unless it's a Universal property and the "synergy" word comes into play, then all bets are off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.