Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo~ , sorry for stirring the pot a little bit! Shouldn't have said "basically confirmed" at all regarding the potential for a BJ show, just got a little excited at the audition listing on my break at work and posted something without thinking about it that much. Yall are probably right about them being separate things, but I'll defend myself and say at first glance it is a bit interesting to have musical auditions alongside an acting role for a character who used to have his own musical show in the park.

I guess the real question is, what possible HHN show would require lounge music?

Figured I'd try to work some of the clues/info for funsies, why not. Scattered thoughts:

Regarding Silence of the Lambs, the Clarice/Sheep clue is obviously very on the nose, but its also not the first time Legacy may be hinting at SotL in Shrek. In fact, he pretty explicitly references SotL going into Shrek as a possibility in a post way back in January around the time we heard Eilish house was canned. From what I've seen he rarely mentions explicit properties the way he did SotL unless its all but confirmed, and I think its a bit of an open secret the movie was planned for 29 but fell through due to rights issues. Either SotL going into Shrek was a called shot hilariously early, or he could have teased it this entire time without anyone noticing.

That being said, rights issues aren't insignificant, and SotL's does have them. As outlined by Neo below, SotL rights are split between two different companies who don't seem keen on working together in the movie/tv space. And as we've seen with Halloween, it only takes one party to refuse to play ball for a house to be scrapped. Then again, Universal's had the better part of the year to work through the rights issues, in addition to whatever headway they made in developing relationships with IP stakeholders during the HHN29 negotiation cycle. It's totally within the realm of possibility they were secured.

Speaking of Halloween though, there's been enough smoke (including the HHN2021 speculation map for Hollywood, hints around the HIII mask orders, etc.) that Universal may have popped the Mirimax bubble and managed to secure the HHN rights to Halloween Kills. Whether its due to attrition or Covid-19 desperation I don't know, but would love to hear about it if true. Additionally, while the first link on Legacy's haunt design page may point towards SotL, the final link to Calendar Fear includes a paragraph on a potential Halloween room. Three trick-or-treaters, three HIII masks, it could be a potential hint as well:

Honestly, its hedging, but I can see either Silence of the Lambs or Halloween Kills sliding into Shrek, with Halloween III as runner-up. Both are properties with significant recent smoke, but with complex rights issues which could scuttle either or. Personally, I lean towards Halloween Kills. It's rumored for Hollywood already, and I can't imagine that 1. We'll see two significantly different headliner IPs on each coast (Beetlejuice and Silence of the Lambs for Orlando, and Exorcist and Halloween Kills/III for Hollywood), considering that 2. Universal Parks marketing and merchandising have made an effort to standardize advertising and merchandising for both coasts, even including taglines. Beetlejuice/Exorcist can't be helped, but I think that just means they double down on standardizing the rest of potentially sharable IPs.

If HK rights are still a problem, I think the fallback is the HIII with Michael to keep him in advertising. Sure there's potential rights issues there as well, but it seemed like Hollywood already navigated those and was moving full steam ahead until HK potentially became available, shifting spec and construction. Then again, I also wouldn't be shocked if its SotL does pop up (maybe Hollywood becomes HIII without Michael, which isn't marketable as a headliner without creating unfair expectations/brand confusion, freeing up Orlando to their own thing with SotL), but that's overall my thinking for now.

TL;DR: Silence of the Lambs and Halloween Kills are my biggest guesses, with HIII as the runner-up. Both are properties with significant hints coupled with significant rights issues, so I struggle to lean one way or the other. Personally, I'd lean Halloween Kills/Halloween III featuring Michael as I imagine Marketing and Merchandising want to standardize IPs as much as possible, and Halloween in some form is the way the wind is blowing in California.

Good thoughts here! Just to play devil’s advocate, Halloween Kills could have been put on the Hollywood spec map to throw people off the scent. Insiders have expressed interest in keeping the “mystery-ish” house a surprise, so ‍

EDIT: It could also be that HK is going to Hollywood, not Orlando, and Orlando is getting a different, unique IP in Shrek. But, just throwing ideas out. I tend to agree with you that HK on one coast would likely mean HK on both.

Reactions: Darko
Heyo~ , sorry for stirring the pot a little bit! Shouldn't have said "basically confirmed" at all regarding the potential for a BJ show, just got a little excited at the audition listing on my break at work and posted something without thinking about it that much. Yall are probably right about them being separate things, but I'll defend myself and say at first glance it is a bit interesting to have musical auditions alongside an acting role for a character who used to have his own musical show in the park.
It’s a fair misunderstanding. Universal/HHN rarely post separate auditions for separate shows unless they’re casting a specific thing. In general, they casting everything at once because they have to coordinate schedules.

Well there was talk of a Gremlins house for this (last) year. Even appeared ion the first spec map. But it was said that they didn't want to do it and BJ in the same year. So I'd expect a Gremlins house at some point, but I don't think it's happening yet.

Reactions: jansenhammond
I guess the real question is, what possible HHN show would require lounge music?

Standard "it's 2021" caveat, but a little late to only be at the casting stage for a show on the level of a B&T. I imagine something smaller.

Where did you get "lounge" music from? Because the best place for lounge music is ... a lounge. Which just fuels my speculation from the past couple days that maybe we'll see a "bar experience."

Standard "it's 2021" caveat, but a little late to only be at the casting stage for a show on the level of a B&T. I imagine something smaller.

Where did you get "lounge" music from? Because the best place for lounge music is ... a lounge. Which just fuels my speculation from the past couple days that maybe we'll see a "bar experience."
Admittedly, I have not had much sleep the past few days, but I do not recall seeing "lounge" in the casting call that was posted. But yes, this posting was an eye-opening reminder of just how close this thing is to starting. July is effectively halfway over.

Edit:
Eff it, I woke up and chose violence, throwing this out there...what if they were adding "halloween music" to Celestina in Diagon Alley? :tease:

Reactions: SeventyOne
Admittedly, I have not had much sleep the past few days, but I do not recall seeing "lounge" in the casting call that was posted. But yes, this posting was an eye-opening reminder of just how close this thing is to starting. July is effectively halfway over.

Starts a week early this year, as well, for all intents and purposes. Which may even be 2 weeks earlier than when B&T (or Carnival of Carnage) was still a show. Anything big and choreographed is almost certainly in rehearsal by now.

Eff it, I woke up and chose violence, throwing this out there...what if they were adding "halloween music" to Celestina in Diagon Alley? :tease:

Would love it. Camp out every day in Diagon for hours love it. But would they really cast all new Banshees for that? The existing ones just adapted the Christmas music.

I'd love for something like the Skeleton Bar to be a yearly thing. It seemed to be really popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.