Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the Terra Queen zone be? That’s the one I’m having trouble picturing… as long as there is cool glowing stuff on the trees I’m fine.

How would the Terra Queen zone be? That’s the one I’m having trouble picturing… as long as there is cool glowing stuff on the trees I’m fine.

I’d imagine it’s pretty similar to what we had there in 2019 plus motorcycles closer to Mel’s.. It’s a shame because the lagoon show totally ruins that zone’s atmosphere.

I’d imagine it’s pretty similar to what we had there in 2019 plus motorcycles closer to Mel’s.. It’s a shame because the lagoon show totally ruins that zone’s atmosphere.
Trying to soak in the Terra Queen zone's atmosphere while hearing the Beetlejuice music blasting at full volume is going to be so rough. One of the biggest things that ruined Vikings for me, which besides that I thought was a pretty underrated zone.

Outside of the commercials and billboards my very first memory of anything HHN related was listening to Real Rock 1011 broadcast live from Halloween Horror Nights, describing what was happening at the Terra Queen's sacrifice show. I remember hearing about how a 'random' audience member was pulled on stage and had his eye(?) ripped out. It absolutely blew my mind and I wanted go ever since.

Between the year off, the spec-map misdirection and the line-up (with its very own Terra Queen show) I have never been more excited for Halloween Horror Nights :grin:

The CryptTV SZ also has a lot of my interest, a character driven zone is great for such a small area as said characters are top notch in design perhaps topped with some decent scenery. The fact that these are free shorts make it readily available for the GP avoids confusion as say that odd scare zone that was “Face-Off”.

The CryptTV SZ also has a lot of my interest, a character driven zone is great for such a small area as said characters are top notch in design perhaps topped with some decent scenery. The fact that these are free shorts make it readily available for the GP avoids confusion as say that odd scare zone that was “Face-Off”.

I think the second sentence is definitely key to why this would be chosen over, let's say Shudder actually, or any other kind of service. Very easily accessible and has shown to be quite effective with the "teen beat" crowd, let's say. The Look-See, The Birch, Mordeo, some very interesting options there.

crypt tv is just gonna be exactly like FACE OFF scarezone. I'm calling it. same stages and everything.

Now that seems like a massive exaggeration. Seven years later, the same stages? I won't deny the possibility of the basic format being similar (I wouldn't be terribly surprised) but "same stages" is a massive stretch.

crypt tv is just gonna be exactly like FACE OFF scarezone. I'm calling it. same stages and everything.
While I can see some of the more detailed monsters being on stages, I doubt it will just be monsters and minions. I imagine something more akin to All Nite Die-In: Double Feature with lots of on the ground monsters and a few elevated.

Reactions: johnathanm
There is little space for it to be like that zone.
While I can see some of the more detailed monsters being on stages, I doubt it will just be monsters and minions. I imagine something more akin to All Nite Die-In: Double Feature with lots of on the ground monsters and a few elevated.
THIS.

Reactions: Clive and reeseyNG
And if people are wondering why there have been such drastic changes to the spec map over the last week…

View attachment 14986

This is exactly what several on the insiders did. Even when the first spec map for this year was posted, I kept reiterating how insiders requested Ghostbusters NOT be on it. But no one bothered

My “hint” for the IP was never for a house.

It was always for the CryptTV zone. (My “Midnight Graveyard” zone concept—graveyards feature crypts.)

Basically, a number of insiders this year were actively working against the real lineup getting revealed. Since so much of this year was known from day one, we wanted to try and let Universal give y’all a couple of legitimate surprises. We did it for Hollywood too.

And, frankly, it was remarkably easy. I posted a clue for a zone because I knew everyone would immediately assume it was for Shrek. The only reason I posted it was to get people away from thinking it was an original. It worked.

I kept warning about chaos, and people thought it was a clue. I tell people the spec map can’t be trusted, but everyone got so focused on Halloween being on the map no one thought it could have been a red herring. I openly defended insiders lying about what was coming. I felt like I had been telling you exactly what was happening but (and I knew this would be the case) no one was hearing it through the fog of impatient excitement.

Chaotic evil. I warned you.

But, the closer we get, the more people outside the core group find out the real lineup, the harder it became to keep the cat in the bag.

And here’s the thing. I would absolutely do it again.

In all honesty, thanks.
I definitely enjoyed the chaos you guys brought out, and it made for an enjoyable speculation period when it could've been a total slog due to the unique situation.

I wouldn't mind if that happened again, too.

Considering it looks like Crypt TV is going to be in San Francisco, I highly doubt it'll be exactly the same for a multitude of reasons.

Reactions: n i c k
I think the second sentence is definitely key to why this would be chosen over, let's say Shudder actually, or any other kind of service. Very easily accessible and has shown to be quite effective with the "teen beat" crowd, let's say. The Look-See, The Birch, Mordeo, some very interesting options there.

Exactly why I said to hold expectations with the Shudder zone. They’re a distributor and don’t own the rights, even to most of their exclusives. CrypTV is the opposite. They funded those shorts, and likely own all likeness rights.

Reactions: reeseyNG

Now that seems like a massive exaggeration. Seven years later, the same stages? I won't deny the possibility of the basic format being similar (I wouldn't be terribly surprised) but "same stages" is a massive stretch.

okay
same STYLE stages lol. similar but new, hey oh hey, using the same blue prints perhaps. similar decorations lol. :creep:

In all honesty, thanks.
I definitely enjoyed the chaos you guys brought out, and it made for an enjoyable speculation period when it could've been a total slog due to the unique situation.

I wouldn't mind if that happened again, too.

Considering it looks like Crypt TV is going to be in San Francisco, I highly doubt it'll be exactly the same for a multitude of reasons.

but like rob zombie had stages?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.