Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 303 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does this means crowds this year could be just slightly less?

Hard to say, but I have noticed more attendees from the UK in the last few years.

And if people are wondering why there have been such drastic changes to the spec map over the last week…

A17F8EB9-4984-4F76-954F-8ACB54605B07.jpeg

This is exactly what several on the insiders did. Even when the first spec map for this year was posted, I kept reiterating how insiders requested Ghostbusters NOT be on it. But no one bothered

My “hint” for the IP was never for a house.

Uhg… I’m probably going to regret this.

Hint… Clue… whatever you want to call it.

And yes, it’s for an IP.

It was always for the CryptTV zone. (My “Midnight Graveyard” zone concept—graveyards feature crypts.)

Basically, a number of insiders this year were actively working against the real lineup getting revealed. Since so much of this year was known from day one, we wanted to try and let Universal give y’all a couple of legitimate surprises. We did it for Hollywood too.

And, frankly, it was remarkably easy. I posted a clue for a zone because I knew everyone would immediately assume it was for Shrek. The only reason I posted it was to get people away from thinking it was an original. It worked.

I kept warning about chaos, and people thought it was a clue. I tell people the spec map can’t be trusted, but everyone got so focused on Halloween being on the map no one thought it could have been a red herring. I openly defended insiders lying about what was coming. I felt like I had been telling you exactly what was happening but (and I knew this would be the case) no one was hearing it through the fog of impatient excitement.

Chaotic evil. I warned you.

But, the closer we get, the more people outside the core group find out the real lineup, the harder it became to keep the cat in the bag.

And here’s the thing. I would absolutely do it again.

Last edited:
And if people are wondering why there have been such drastic changes to the spec map over the last week…

View attachment 14986

This is exactly what several on the insiders did. Even when the first spec map for this year was posted, I kept reiterating how insiders requested Ghostbusters NOT be on it. But no one bothered

It was always for the CryptTV zone. (My “Midnight Graveyard” zone concept—graveyards feature crypts.)

Basically, a number of insiders this year were actively working against the real lineup getting revealed. Since so much of this year was known from day one, we wanted to try and let Universal give y’all a couple of legitimate surprises. We did it for Hollywood too.

And, frankly, it was remarkably easy. I posted a clue for a zone because I knew everyone would immediately assume it was for Shrek. The only reason I posted it was to get people away from thinking it was an original. It worked.

I kept warning about chaos, and people thought it was a clue. I tell people the spec map can’t be trusted, but everyone got so focused on Halloween being on the map no one thought it could have been a red herring. I openly defended insiders lying about what was coming. I felt like I had been telling you exactly what was happening but (and I knew this would be the case) no one was hearing it through the fog of impatient excitement.

But, the closer we get, the more people outside the core group find out the real lineup, the harder it became to keep the cat in the bag.

Please do. It's fun to be surprised!

Eh, it depends on where you sit. I thought I was possibly getting a house based on one of my favorite movies. Instead, it's another anniversary sequel house to something I didn't attend and don't know anything about. I'm all for the anniversary celebration and seeing parts of things i missed by not attending until 2018. But the fact is, this event is now 70% or so anniversary call backs that a whole lot of us attending won't know anything about.

View attachment 14986

3Pwp.gif

Eh, it depends on where you sit. I thought I was possibly getting a house based on one of my favorite movies. Instead, it's another anniversary sequel house to something I didn't attend and don't know anything about. I'm all for the anniversary celebration and seeing parts of things i missed by not attending until 2018. But the fact is, this event is now 70% or so anniversary call backs that a whole lot of us attending won't know anything about.

But if done in the correct way it is just another original that can stand on its own.

Also you know what they say about statistics, 60% are made up on the spot.

With numbers flying around privately (no I will not share) and Howl-O-Scream's steep discounts ending at midnight last night, I'm feeling a FFP drop today, tomorrow latest. Couple "normie" friends hit me up over the weekend asking if it was discontinued, so Universal must be getting a ton of calls, in addition to all the super-fans on Twitter.
It's at the point where even I'm annoyed.
I didn’t go until 21 for my first event. Didn’t make 25th anniversary any less awesome to see all the icons and the call backs. And it’s not like HHN ever goes lore heavy where you’d feel lost.

Really hope this Terra Queen show is real. That would be awesome!

Not to make light of your “situation”, but this is exactly why this variation of the event we’re getting is a bit more fascinating than in years’ past. It feels like a bit of a “test” almost in terms of event building. The most original heavy year in a while and the IPs aren’t exactly Freddy and Jason (TCM, I guess is there?).

Status
Not open for further replies.