Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did he say we’d be getting it? As in, what time did he make that prediction? Rob’s tweet was at 11:29, so would the decision to delay an announcement be caused by you know what if they were planning on it as late as that?

When did he say we’d be getting it? As in, what time did he make that prediction? Rob’s tweet was at 11:29, so would the decision to delay an announcement be caused by you know what if they were planning on it as late as that?
I think they pulled the plug on the announcement because of Covid news and we might be able to get an announcement next week

Reactions: Grabnar
My bet is this week for exactly this reason.

If I keep guessing each week out I'll eventually get it right.

Sadly, there's not likely to be a "good day" to announce anything in the next 3-4 weeks. Numbers are going to get worse before they get better. They're going to reach a point where they have to just flood the info out there, good timing or not. If their marketing team thinks they're going to wait a few days and happy news will abound, it's remarkably naive. A few days for the edge to wear off of the CDC announcement (and their likely impending matching of WDW rules), sure. But it won't necessarily be "better" next week, or the week after.

Side note: I'm super excited for HHN 30 and still planning the same way I have been, even coming from well out of state in mid-Sept. My wife and I first started coming at HHN 26, so we saw all the Jack stuff online, YouTube, etc., and it got us wanting to go, but have never seen Jack or any icons other than Chance (I don't count Bone, FWIW). Actually excited about Seek & Destroy based on the props. I may be the minority here but I actually enjoyed the Purge as a SZ. Definitely not as a house, but as a SZ it always seemed to have good energy. I know this is very different but the zone lends itself well to that messed up vision of the world style.

Last edited:
Sadly, there's not likely to be a "good day" to announce anything in the next 3-4 weeks. Numbers are going to get worse before they get better. They're going to reach a point where they have to just flood the info out there, good timing or not. If their marketing team thinks they're going to wait a few days and happy news will abound, it's remarkably naive. A few days for the edge to wear off of the CDC announcement (and their likely impending matching of WDW rules), sure. But it won't necessarily be "better" next week, or the week after.

All of this.

Editing for the post below me: if this year would get cancelled, there is no reason to think future years won't too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: snayberry
Oh 100% agree.

I always book as a package, but I definitely encourage the "Cancel for Any Reason" insurance this year.

This is a "WWYD" post and not a "will they or won't they?/When will they?" post regarding ROF tickets.

This afternoon I started pricing out as a contingency single night tickets plus express for the nights we will be there in September. Went back a little while ago and the prices had jumped severely.

So for squirts and giggles I called Universal's ticket line to ask for advice. TM I spoke to said that there wouldn't be any multi-night tickets this year. Single days are selling so well (the prices start to rise steeply if the event gets close to selling out on a given night) that multi-nights are not needed to fill the event/make a profit. Take this info with the same grain of salt you would take with anything reported by a TM/CM/Bus Driver.

So I'm torn - spend $1800 on tickets+express single nights and risk losing most of that money when the ROF tickets come out (I'm aware that Uni would not offer a refund on the difference in that case) or wait a little while more for the ROF tickets and risk paying even more than today's single-night prices when they don't come out?

WWYD?

I forgot what year it was (I think it was 2013?) but I remember them doing a full reveal at midnight. I can definitely see them doing that again.

This is a "WWYD" post and not a "will they or won't they?/When will they?" post regarding ROF tickets.

This afternoon I started pricing out as a contingency single night tickets plus express for the nights we will be there in September. Went back a little while ago and the prices had jumped severely.

So for squirts and giggles I called Universal's ticket line to ask for advice. TM I spoke to said that there wouldn't be any multi-night tickets this year. Single days are selling so well (the prices start to rise steeply if the event gets close to selling out on a given night) that multi-nights are not needed to fill the event/make a profit. Take this info with the same grain of salt you would take with anything reported by a TM/CM/Bus Driver.

So I'm torn - spend $1800 on tickets+express single nights and risk losing most of that money when the ROF tickets come out (I'm aware that Uni would not offer a refund on the difference in that case) or wait a little while more for the ROF tickets and risk paying even more than today's single-night prices when they don't come out?

WWYD?

I don't believe your source is correct because there are multiple mentions about multi-night tickets all over the marketing materials and website, but I would cancel my entire trip if they didn't. They would lose close to $2200 just from my husband and I alone between hotel and in-park spend and they know that. That's why we're getting multi-night tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.