Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the Billie replacement topic, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Halloween (III?) be used again considering Hollywood was doing it and likely they already had promotional ish created.
I thought this earlier - there’s also another Halloween film scheduled to be released in mid-October 2021, which aligns with the last time the did it in 2018. Don’t know if I’d bet money on it since that would be three times in six years but surely it would be on an idea shortlist.

Unpopular option...
The Bride of Frankenstein lives is most likely HHN's Magnum opus.

If it doesn't return I will be genuinely sad at everyone who did not get to experience the amazing, immersive story it provides.

I said this in my review, but I will restate this, Out of all the houses and haunts I've gone through (not just HHN) I have never teared up as I left the house and immediately thought "I must do that again" as I am usually just an "Ok that's great a house" kind of person and will just let it sit and watch walkthroughs when reviewing it later.
I have never felt so many different feelings incapsulates in one experience before.

It's not the best house, but the best story I think they have ever told.

Creative if you are reading this... Please... Don't let this one slip away from so many fans that did not get to see this house yet.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I thought this earlier - there’s also another Halloween film scheduled to be released in mid-October 2021, which aligns with the last time the did it in 2018. Don’t know if I’d bet money on it since that would be three times in six years but surely it would be on an idea shortlist.

I, for one, wouldn't mind a Halloween house at every HALLOWEEN Horror Nights. The 3 they've had have been great, though monotonous, with The Shape/Michael appearing a dozen times per walkthrough. You know what you're getting with no real surprises, but it's still an intense house.

But I'd like to see them change it up and have a scare zone. You do it like Trick Or Treat with the doors and porches and have Michael's behind the doors, behind a clothes line, stalking around, etc. Have a "fake" one that takes his mask off and says something like, "Ha, got you good!" when a "real" Michael comes and grabs him and drags him behind a house/door, have a partial houses facade with a window that is dark and on the one sound queue, have it light up and you see a dummy Michael in there staring at you.

Have a Loomis running around with a .38 special shooting at the Michaels, injured victims running up to you screaming to help them, etc. Have raked up piles of leaves (would be cool if they could put some leaves down in the road, but with all the rain and stuff it would be too much of a slipping hazzard) between the porches, tons of jack o lanterns of course, the theme song continually playing, etc. At the entry way, have a Michael standing in a pose so it looks like a photo op dummy/mannequin and have it scare people trying to get their picture with it. That gag never gets old and I could sit near by for an hour just watching him "get" people looking for pics and taking selfies.

Think it could be an awesome zone with a very cheap construction cost since they pretty much have everything they need already.

In terms of the Billie replacement topic, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Halloween (III?) be used again considering Hollywood was doing it and likely they already had promotional ish created.
The only way I see them doing this is if they throw Micheal in the house in someway. Then Michael can be used for synergy with the Halloween Kills in October. However part of me things that Wicked Growth could be a original house where the story is kind of like Halloween 3. In the Puppet Theater announcement they showed off a few masks of what I am assuming will be used for Wicked Growth and I couldn’t help to notice some of the masks (green circles) look like Halloween masks kids would wear and that the (red circles) kinda look like they have been transformed into a minion or something by the pumpkin lord. It’s not exactly like Halloween 3 but the Skeleton, Witch, pumpkin masks seemed a bit familiar.

Attachments

• 5FAE8A7A-2052-4B1E-A2D4-7C0FDA42C10D.png
    5FAE8A7A-2052-4B1E-A2D4-7C0FDA42C10D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
I, for one, wouldn't mind a Halloween house at every HALLOWEEN Horror Nights. The 3 they've had have been great, though monotonous, with The Shape/Michael appearing a dozen times per walkthrough. You know what you're getting with no real surprises, but it's still an intense house.

But I'd like to see them change it up and have a scare zone. You do it like Trick Or Treat with the doors and porches and have Michael's behind the doors, behind a clothes line, stalking around, etc.
I always thought a Halloween Scarezone would be awesome in NY or Central Park.
Unpopular option...
The Bride of Frankenstein lives is most likely HHN's Magnum opus.
Didn't get to see it in 2020, I'm totally crossing my fingers that we don't lose it. I really don't think we will but I don't have any insider knowledge about that.

There are people who say Bride was only good because of how the crowd was pulsed through. Okay, well, the crowd was pulsed through and the house rocked. That's like saying "oh ET is good because it had a fantastic score" or "Indian Jones was good because it had great locations." Yes, that's all a part of what made those movies good and the pulsing was a part of why Brides was so good.

Reactions: reeseyNG
There are people who say Bride was only good because of how the crowd was pulsed through. Okay, well, the crowd was pulsed through and the house rocked. That's like saying "oh ET is good because it had a fantastic score" or "Indian Jones was good because it had great locations." Yes, that's all a part of what made those movies good and the pulsing was a part of why Brides was so good.
I heard super mixed things like this! This line of logic is so silly. If the pulsing made it work then let's have it be pulsed lmao. If it works it works!!!!!

Reactions: Darko
I am only bringing this up because the Bride talk has started again but the people who saying Bridge was a bad house are so off the mark it's criminal. There are, in my opinion, bad houses. Depths of Fear was not a great house but if you went on opening day it was alright. Stranger Things 1 was like walking through the show but Stranger Things 2 was a jumbled mess. Fans of the show (me included) still got to experience a really cool way. For people saying Bride *wasn't good* is just crazy to me.

Blumhouse from 28 was a bad house.

For me pulsing did not make or brake the house.
My praise for Bride's does not come from hitting scares, but ditching the commonly used tropes, the "escape" or "survive" situation we often find ourselves in within these houses. But pulsing is still great don't get me wrong here. And those tropes are subjectively changed and tweaked? It's not a horrible thing, it just become repetitive.

In Brides we are an outsider looking at a series of events unfold, it feels like a cinematic story, and it's easy to pick up on. Pretty much a watered down film, which is great because we do not get to smell and (sometimes) touch and feel our environments in a movie.

I have gone to HHN and H-O-S every year for the past 4 years with my Father and sometimes I ask him "What did you think that house was about?" just because it's fun to see his point of view, he usually gives me the basic understandable answer that we needed to "escape" or "survive" a certain location. But then, I asked him about Bride's, he said that it was about "loss and dedication".
I was kind of blown away.

Some will argue that you don't always have to have a great plot to have fun in a house, in which I agree, but to me, Brides as an experience was other worldly, definitely not what I was expecting. It was not the scariest house, but the house people can connect to.
I can see the formula being used again in years to come, but most likely not in the houses we are apparently getting this year.

Here's a little spec (Sorry if this has already been discussed in a different forum):

Is this year going to be a soft reboot for the event? I just thought it was really interesting how it was called 'Halloween Horror Nights 2021' in all promotional stuff so far (at least as far as I've seen). Are we gonna be dropping the number subtitle and just get the year, but we'll still get the anniversary stuff?

Here's a little spec (Sorry if this has already been discussed in a different forum):

Is this year going to be a soft reboot for the event? I just thought it was really interesting how it was called 'Halloween Horror Nights 2021' in all promotional stuff so far (at least as far as I've seen). Are we gonna be dropping the number subtitle and just get the year, but we'll still get the anniversary stuff?

They've been alternating between the event year and event number for a few years now. There are no set circumstance when one is used over the other that I've seen.

They've been alternating between the event year and event number for a few years now. There are no set circumstance when one is used over the other that I've seen.
Huh, I never realized that.

I always thought it was Hollywood = Year and Orlando = Number. Thanks!

I expect it, because they’ve been trying to shift both coasts to years. Since a year was skipped, there’s an excuse to go all into years.

Status
Not open for further replies.